'14 AL QB Kendrick Doss

Nah the source just said he was pumping the brakes on his Doss prediction, it was my fault for posting, didn't realize it was just another fan or I would not have posted it at all without conformation. So I'll take full blame on that one but now I know their just a fan and thx for the info.

Nah the source just said he was pumping the brakes on his Doss prediction, it was my fault for posting, didn't realize it was just another fan or I would not have posted it at all without conformation. So I'll take full blame on that one but now I know their just a fan and thx for the info.

To the gallows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
So what is confirmed? Someone I've never seen post came in and says we didn't want him, but now there's a lot of chatter going on he will likely commit. What the hell is going on?

Maybe the kid thought his offer was committable and CBJ pulled an ole satan on him. "You have to compete at camp to be considered". I would think letting them know that before coming would be the way to go. JMO.

Whole situation seems weird.

It is funny how we are all trying to crack the situation. I say take the kid as a QB and if he doesn't pan out move him to another position. He has great measurables and is extremely athletic. I don't know what it is, but the "run first" QB doesn't appeal to me. I guess it is bc I live in south LA and LSU has made the dual threat QB extremely uncool.

It is funny how we are all trying to crack the situation. I say take the kid as a QB and if he doesn't pan out move him to another position. He has great measurables and is extremely athletic. I don't know what it is, but the "run first" QB doesn't appeal to me. I guess it is bc I live in south LA and LSU has made the dual threat QB extremely uncool.

It depends on how the staff is looking at the QB situation. If they really think we need 1 in this class, they can't just take a project and hope it works out. With other schools slow playing Doss or not considering him a QB at all does not speak well to his playing it at a high level in college. Of course a lot of people could be wrong and he is a world beater slinging it around.

Still think if we MUST take one, I would go after Andrew Ford(may be late for him now as vetch seems to be his spot), and Tyler Harris. I think he has the strongest arm in this class and plays in a throw it around offense in HS. Both kids are considered top 15-20 QBs.

It depends on how the staff is looking at the QB situation. If they really think we need 1 in this class, they can't just take a project and hope it works out. With other schools slow playing Doss or not considering him a QB at all does not speak well to his playing it at a high level in college. Of course a lot of people could be wrong and he is a world beater slinging it around.

Still think if we MUST take one, I would go after Andrew Ford(may be late for him now as vetch seems to be his spot), and Tyler Harris. I think he has the strongest arm in this class and plays in a throw it around offense in HS. Both kids are considered top 15-20 QBs.

I hear you. If we take a QB this year it also says alot in reference to how the staff views the potential of Peterman and Worley in their system. Both of these guys are great prospects in my opinion and have their best football ahead of them. As far as assessing the QB in the "throw it around" type of offense, you won't find one better than Justin Worley. He set numerous records in HS and if he doesn't pan out, I'm not sure these 2 will either. I know that Peterman and Worley are not the "new guys" on campus, but not so long ago we were excited as he!! to have them. I wish fans would give them a chance (not saying you're not). Ideally, Dobbs and Ferguson both get a year or so to learn the new system before being introduced to the fire.

Reactions: 2 people
I hear you. If we take a QB this year it also says alot in reference to how the staff views the potential of Peterman and Worley in their system. Both of these guys are great prospects in my opinion and have their best football ahead of them. As far as assessing the QB in the "throw it around" type of offense, you won't find one better than Justin Worley. He set numerous records in HS and if he doesn't pan out, I'm not sure these 2 will either. I know that Peterman and Worley are not the "new guys" on campus, but not so long ago we were excited as he!! to have them. I wish fans would give them a chance (not saying you're not). Ideally, Dobbs and Ferguson both get a year or so to learn the new system before being introduced to the fire.

I have very little doubt that Justin Worley will be the starting QB this year and barring injury, he will be the guy all season. I could see just about any QB doing well in this offense. As long as you can read the defense and process the play as it develops, there will be lots of yardage to be had. Big TEs, and WRs all over the field with a NFL offensive line, and RBs who should have no trouble getting 4-5 yards a crack leads me to think our offensive numbers will be just fine.

I have very little doubt that Justin Worley will be the starting QB this year and barring injury, he will be the guy all season. I could see just about any QB doing well in this offense. As long as you can read the defense and process the play as it develops, there will be lots of yardage to be had. Big TEs, and WRs all over the field with a NFL offensive line, and RBs who should have no trouble getting 4-5 yards a crack leads me to think our offensive numbers will be just fine.

I sure hope you are right. If your offensive prediction is right, and this switch back to the 4-3 yields results similar to Justin Wilcox's defense, I say it's good for 7 wins, maybe more if the breaks fall our way. Your thoughts?

Maybe the kid thought his offer was committable and CBJ pulled an ole satan on him. "You have to compete at camp to be considered". I would think letting them know that before coming would be the way to go. JMO.

Whole situation seems weird.

I would never show to a camp and not compete, like...really! But that's just me, I'm a competitor. We have a ton of high caliber kids over there right now, many are truly elite players camping and competing. While this dude is a good athlete, he's still middle of the pack talent wise compared to some of the kids we are literally in a dogfight for. To not compete and expect a commitable offer...I don't know much about this kid. Could be a great kid, great stature, high character (Dooleyisms), but to show and not compete yet expect a commitable offer would strike me as arrogant. But I'm not the HC so my opinion only matters....to me.

I would never show to a camp and not compete, like...really! But that's just me, I'm a competitor. We have a ton of high caliber kids over there right now, many are truly elite players camping and competing. While this dude is a good athlete, he's still middle of the pack talent wise compared to some of the kids we are literally in a dogfight for. To not compete and expect a commitable offer...I don't know much about this kid. Could be a great kid, great stature, high character (Dooleyisms), but to show and not compete yet expect a commitable offer would strike me as arrogant. But I'm not the HC so my opinion only matters....to me.

Without knowing the situation 1st hand, it's tough to know for sure what happened. For all we know the kid honestly felt his offer was committable, the staff loved him, and was ready to take his commitment. Maybe attending the camp was never his plan. Maybe he just decided to commit face to face the same weekend there was a camp going on. He could have honestly thought he was not required to camp to be allowed to commit. It may have had nothing to do with the kid being arrogant at all. We can't be sure what happened w/out knowing the whole situation.

Reactions: 2 people
Without knowing the situation 1st hand, it's tough to know for sure what happened. For all we know the kid honestly felt his offer was committable, the staff loved him, and was ready to take his commitment. Maybe attending the camp was never his plan. Maybe he just decided to commit face to face the same weekend there was a camp going on. He could have honestly thought he was not required to camp to be allowed to commit. It may have had nothing to do with the kid being arrogant at all. We can't be sure what happened w/out knowing the whole situation.

True, we don't know either way. All we know is something doesn't add up. But what fun would it be if we didn't speculate and run around with our hair on fire. Not much IMO. LOL

Staff didn't ask him to camp. They wanted him on campus. They ask a lot of recruits just to come to the camp & not compete.

VN Store

Back