14' Aaron Medley kicking for Coaches Tomorrow

DadslilVol

This is the # 2 kicker in the nation (depending on which service you use) and he is in our backyards. Lets get behind this kid! He is a great kicker an even better person. He loves UT but we were not the first to offer which is disappointing. He is a resident of Lewisburg in Marshall Co,TN. I want to know that fence has been built and we get this kid. We need a good character confident kicker. According to his father Coach Elder will be attending practice tomorrow and may offer. I can tell you that Oklahoma was the first offer he received and I was a little disappointed to hear that.

If you haven't seen him kick you are missing out. His father and I have worked together in the past in the Emergency Medicine field. He has a great family who also would like to see their son stay in state. If Elder/Jones does not offer then I will seriously question his whole fence building idea.

His interest are in: Oklahoma, Ohio St, Arkansas, LSU, and Tennessee. Oklahoma is his first offer as of today it will probably change tomorrow.

Here is his twitter, lets show him the love Volnation:

https://twitter.com/MedleyAaron

Other Links:

Top Recruits 2014 - Aaron Medley

Aaron Medley

Scout.com: Aaron Medley Profile

Attachments

• Aaron Medley.jpg
    Aaron Medley.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 991
Last edited:
Gotta get this dude. I would recruit him to punt and kick. Maybe it's where I'm on my phone, but his kickoffs left the screen and didn't seem to come back in the screen. Just crushed it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Loving the haircut.

LloydChristmas_crop_340x234.gif

Reactions: 23 people
As much as we don't really need to use another scholly on a K/P, especiaaly with Gantz (walk-on) coming in, this is a guy you have to offer IMO.

well as many "aint worth a damn kickers" with free rides, hope bUTch gives one to a good in state guy.

This is the # 2 kicker in the nation (depending on which service you use) and he is in our backyards. Lets get behind this kid! He is a great kicker an even better person. He loves UT but we were not the first to offer which is disappointing. He is a resident of Lewisburg in Marshall Co,TN. I want to know that fence has been built and we get this kid. We need a good character confident kicker. According to his father Coach Elder will be attending practice tomorrow and may offer. I can tell you that Oklahoma was the first offer he received and I was a little disappointed to hear that.

If you haven't seen him kick you are missing out. His father and I have worked together in the past in the Emergency Medicine field. He has a great family who also would like to see their son stay in state. If Elder/Jones does not offer then I will seriously question his whole fence building idea.

His interest are in: Oklahoma, Ohio St, Arkansas, LSU, and Tennessee. Oklahoma is his first offer as of today it will probably change tomorrow.

Other Links:

Aaron Medley

Great post. Am I wrong or did General Neyland have something in the "Maxims" about the "kicking game"?
If he's that good...we need him!:good!:
GO VOLS!

So we've got 3 kickers. Andrew Gantz, who is a preferred walk-on, had an offer from Utah and was ranked #6 by Sailer so that's solid. Then we got a real big question mark in RS FR George Bullock who broke his leg last season. IIRC he was ranked 30th by Sailer and frankly it was somethin' of a head scratcher at the time when he was offered a scholarship. Palardy is there and has battled injuries and such but he's never really found his swing, or so it seems. It's his year to step up, that's for sure.

Tough call for the coach. You gotta wonder though, if Jones plans to offer a scholarship to a kicker then why didn't he go after TN native and #1 over-all K/P Gary Wunderlich (who committed to Virginia just last month)?

Also just checked, Medley is ranked #2 on another guys site and #8 on Sailers whereas Wunderlich is #1 on both.

I hate that we offered George Bullock a scholarship honestly...that seemed dumb at the time and it doesn't look any better now.

Reactions: 1 person
Tough call for the coach. You gotta wonder though, if Jones plans to offer a scholarship to a kicker then why didn't he go after TN native and #1 over-all K/P Gary Wunderlich (who committed to Virginia just last month)?
The Wunderlich family is several generations rich, Dad played there making the kid a legacy. They go to school for education and we had no chance on this private hischool Richie Rich. :mf_surrender:

Other Links:

Aaron Medley

Let me begin this response by saying I hope we can get this kid on board.

However, am I the only one who sees the comedy in statements like , " If Elder/Jones don't get this kid on board, then I'm going to seriously question the whole fence building thing..." Also, you're upset b/c Oklahoma offered TODAY and we are sending a coach to watch the kid kick tomorrow (assuming all goes well he will get an offer).

It's still VERY early in this year's recruiting class. Yes we have more than the normal 25 to give this year, but we also have Bullock and Gantz as kickers for the future so that is not a glaring need for us like some other positions are. (WR, LB, DL, DB) This kid might be the best kicker in the country and if he impresses our coaching staff then I hope we get him on board, but for you to say things like "If we don't get him you're rethinking the whole fence around the state" or you're upset at all that we didn't offer first? Considering we have already gotten: Kelly Jr, Hurd, Wharton on board in state and are either leading or in the top 3 with: Malone, Gaulden, Barnett, and Sawyers, I'd say that statement is pretty comical.

I understand your ties to the family, but we have SEVERAL needs before a kicker in this year's class which is what our coaches have spent their time addressing. The kid needs to do well tomorrow in front of Elder and his offer should follow if he feels he deserves it. Best of luck to the young man.

Reactions: 6 people
Let me begin this response by saying I hope we can get this kid on board.

However, am I the only one who sees the comedy in statements like , " If Elder/Jones don't get this kid on board, then I'm going to seriously question the whole fence building thing..."
Also, you're upset b/c Oklahoma offered TODAY and we are sending a coach to watch the kid kick tomorrow (assuming all goes well he will get an offer).

It's still VERY early in this year's recruiting class. Yes we have more than the normal 25 to give this year, but we also have Bullock and Gantz as kickers for the future so that is not a glaring need for us like some other positions are. (WR, LB, DL, DB) This kid might be the best kicker in the country and if he impresses our coaching staff then I hope we get him on board, but for you to say things like "If we don't get him you're rethinking the whole fence around the state" or you're upset at all that we didn't offer first? Considering we have already gotten: Kelly Jr, Hurd, Wharton on board in state and are either leading or in the top 3 with: Malone, Gaulden, Barnett, and Sawyers, I'd say that statement is pretty comical.

I understand your ties to the family, but we have SEVERAL needs before a kicker in this year's class which is what our coaches have spent their time addressing. The kid needs to do well tomorrow in front of Elder and his offer should follow if he feels he deserves it. Best of luck to the young man.

No, you aren't. It was foolish to suggest that.

The Wunderlich family is several generations rich, Dad played there making the kid a legacy. They go to school for education and we had no chance on this private hischool Richie Rich. :mf_surrender:

Did not know he was a legacy. Thanks.

VN Store

Back