14' Aaron Medley kicking for Coaches Tomorrow

Anybody heard of Dakota Vincil out of Lenoir City? Kid hit a 55 yarder in a game last year and only had a few kickoffs that weren't touchbacks. He can blast them. He has highlights somewhere and is an upcoming senior.

Loving the haircut.

LloydChristmas_crop_340x234.gif

Correction, I approve THIS message.

Am I the only one whose a bit shy of highly rated kickers because of dar and palardy?

I feel like after those two getting a highly ranked kicker is like going to a wet t shirt contest and the girl who wins wants to take you home, so you go and ends out she's starring in the sequel to the crying game.

Guys, I'm not sure what Orange team you've been watching, but my eyes tell me that kicker is still a huge need if we want to be on a championship level. The kids a take. We need a great kicker AND punter. I don't think Bullock has the leg to be great. Make Gantz a kicker or punter and this kid the other. He's a take if he's as good as OP makes him sound.

Reactions: 3 people
Am I the only one whose a bit shy of highly rated kickers because of dar and palardy?

I feel like after those two getting a highly ranked kicker is like going to a wet t shirt contest and the girl who wins wants to take you home, so you go and ends out she's starring in the sequel to the crying game.

:crazy:

I hate that we offered George Bullock a scholarship honestly...that seemed dumb at the time and it doesn't look any better now.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember seeing that it was only for the spring semester, and he goes back to walk-on status in the fall.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I would give anything to have the Jeff Hall type that you really didn't have to worry about.

This is the # 2 kicker in the nation (depending on which service you use) and he is in our backyards. Lets get behind this kid! He is a great kicker an even better person. He loves UT but we were not the first to offer which is disappointing. He is a resident of Lewisburg in Marshall Co,TN. I want to know that fence has been built and we get this kid. We need a good character confident kicker. According to his father Coach Elder will be attending practice tomorrow and may offer. I can tell you that Oklahoma was the first offer he received and I was a little disappointed to hear that.

If you haven't seen him kick you are missing out. His father and I have worked together in the past in the Emergency Medicine field. He has a great family who also would like to see their son stay in state. If Elder/Jones does not offer then I will seriously question his whole fence building idea.

His interest are in: Oklahoma, Ohio St, Arkansas, LSU, and Tennessee. Oklahoma is his first offer as of today it will probably change tomorrow.

Here is his twitter, lets show him the love Volnation:

https://twitter.com/MedleyAaron

Other Links:

Top Recruits 2014 - Aaron Medley

Aaron Medley

Scout.com: Aaron Medley Profile

Could use a better barber IMO

The long drawn out injuries to UT's kicker's.
Palardy and Lincoln have both had significant quad injuries. That took forever to get better. It just makes no sense whatsoever to me. It reflects very poorly upon the UT trainers and medical staff.

Last year, there was a video of spring practice and the players stretching their hamstrings that was just awful to watch. Not one player filmed was doing the stretch correctly...it was horrible to watch. That video very clearly explained why so many UT players have muscle strains.

And yes, I sent an email to coaching staff and med staff without any response.

With that being said, Palardy/Darr will be done after '13 season. Need a good reliable kicker for '14. Coach Elder offers medley a scholarship, then that is great!

Take a look at his injuries the last three years and his lack of coaching. He has the talent and I think will have a good year.

sorry, but I don't see it, lacks confidence, and as soon as he misses his first he's done. Bullock doesn't have good range, total waste of a scholly, Dar should be sent packing, he isn't good, and don't want to go to a walk-on, we need a kicker

Let me begin this response by saying I hope we can get this kid on board.

However, am I the only one who sees the comedy in statements like , " If Elder/Jones don't get this kid on board, then I'm going to seriously question the whole fence building thing..." Also, you're upset b/c Oklahoma offered TODAY and we are sending a coach to watch the kid kick tomorrow (assuming all goes well he will get an offer).

It's still VERY early in this year's recruiting class. Yes we have more than the normal 25 to give this year, but we also have Bullock and Gantz as kickers for the future so that is not a glaring need for us like some other positions are. (WR, LB, DL, DB) This kid might be the best kicker in the country and if he impresses our coaching staff then I hope we get him on board, but for you to say things like "If we don't get him you're rethinking the whole fence around the state" or you're upset at all that we didn't offer first? Considering we have already gotten: Kelly Jr, Hurd, Wharton on board in state and are either leading or in the top 3 with: Malone, Gaulden, Barnett, and Sawyers, I'd say that statement is pretty comical.

I understand your ties to the family, but we have SEVERAL needs before a kicker in this year's class which is what our coaches have spent their time addressing. The kid needs to do well tomorrow in front of Elder and his offer should follow if he feels he deserves it. Best of luck to the young man.

I can respect your opinion and your concerns. I do agree we have needs in other areas BUT I think a kicker is a great need. I mean Dooley had to get one out of a dorm which is just another story in itself. I just can't see passing on a guy who loves UT and then he goes to another university with a chip on his shoulder and beats us (Ohio St is aggressively pursing him and he liked his visit with them). I don't care who it is I don't want to lose any instate kid to Meyer.

The one thing we do need is a better kicking game. The offense is gonna stall and it would be VERY nice to have someone come in to be a near automatic 3 pts. Medley can place kick and punt. He has a strong leg and can probably put in the endzone every time on kickoffs. Have you seen any of our kickers put in consistently in/through the endzone? I seen this kid put it through the goal post from the opponents 40 on kickoff. Can you imagine what he can be if he gets stronger?

I am sorry we have lacked a good kicker for quite some time now. Dooley didn't do any of these guys any favors with his poor attitude and lack of being a motivator. I think Jones will instill more confidence in the kickers which is what it is all about. We know the talent is there, it just comes down to the mental aspect.

The thing I like about Aaron is his confidence and range. He has a big time leg and will only get better. Maybe I am a little bias but if he was just average then it may be a different story. This kid is GOOD and can be great!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
What I want to know, and I am completely serious.. can he keep from booting the ball up the center's ass? Does he have good intial lift on his kicks? That is one of Palardy's major flaws.

It would also be nice to have a kicker than can put a decent hang time on his punt. Oh how I miss the days of the Colquitts.

Reactions: 1 person
I would give anything to have the Jeff Hall type that you really didn't have to worry about.

Him or at least a John Becksvoort (early 90's, for you young bucks) replica. I don't think he missed an extra point the entire 4 years he was at Tennessee....and extra points have been a problem recently

:thumbsup:

love these kicker/punter threads, I was hammered 3 years ago for bringing up a kid for the 2012 class. Peeps on this board told me we did not need to waste a scholarship on another kicker/punter.

VN Store

Back