'13 VA RB Derrick Green (Michigan commit)

FWIW - I did not read it, but a poster on Auburn board said the mods on UM Rivals site stated that they will DEFINETLY be covering his commitment ceremony at his school. They are all e-fiving each other.

FWIW - I did not read it, but a poster on Auburn board said the mods on UM Rivals site stated that they will DEFINETLY be covering his commitment ceremony at his school. They are all e-fiving each other.

too many degrees of separation sorry.

He also went on to say...

TCU is because coach Luper is now there and he was my recruiter at Auburn

... So does that mean he's a silent commit to TCU? DG has had his mind made up since the UA game. He does seem to say 'Michigan' as the first school in a string of schools, but I like to think it's just a smokescreen. If you ask someone a question with a multiple choice answer, do you think the answer is going to be A? It's going to be B or C, guys, 9 times out of 10. It's how the human psyche works. I honestly think it's between Tennessee and Auburn. Come Saturday, if he picks Michigan I'm going to run and hide, but I've been following this guy for a while, psychoanalyzing, and he's going to the SEC. TIFWIW :hi:

On a side note, thanks to the other SEC schools for helping DG make up his mind-- Clowney for showing what happens to Michi running backs at the Outback Bowl, and TA&M and Alabama for demonstrating the SEC's dominance over other schools.

And that will be the only time I thank USCe or Bama. Ever.

Last edited:
Interesting tweet by Farrell - Says he feels Michigan for Green but not near the lock that he has thought. Previously he has said its essentially a done deal for Michigan, not so now.

Read this from a poster on VQ just now. TIFWIW. This thing is close - too close to call.

Would be great if we landed this guy. We really could use a headliner for this class.

@rivalsmike: best guess is #Michigan but not as much of lock as I thought @jcentifonti: @rivalsmike best guess on the landing spot for Derrick Green?

How is he announcing? Twitter? Formal announcement?

airplane.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Farrell never knew. He just says the right thing to keep people interested and following it on rivals.

I want to believe that any elite running back wouldn't want to go far from the SEC. We also have mom on our side so I believe we have as good a chance as any.

For some reason though, I feel like Auburn could surprise everyone here.

Reactions: 2 people
He also went on to say...

TCU is because coach Luper is now there and he was my recruiter at Auburn

... So does that mean he's a silent commit to TCU? DG has had his mind made up since the UA game. He does seem to say 'Michigan' as the first school in a string of schools, but I like to think it's just a smokescreen. If you ask someone a question with a multiple choice answer, do you think the answer is going to be A? It's going to be B or C, guys, 9 times out of 10. It's how the human psyche works. I honestly think it's between Tennessee and Auburn. Come Saturday, if he picks Michigan I'm going to run and hide, but I've been following this guy for a while, psychoanalyzing, and he's going to the SEC. TIFWIW :hi:

On a side note, thanks to the other SEC schools for helping DG make up his mind-- Clowney for showing what happens to Michi running backs at the Outback Bowl, and TA&M and Alabama for demonstrating the SEC's dominance over other schools.

And that will be the only time I thank USCe or Bama. Ever.
I don't believe in smoke screens after the gruden fiasco. He has constantly said UM is the leader. I would say that's the case.

Reactions: 1 person
Farrell never knew. He just says the right thing to keep people interested and following it on rivals.

I want to believe that any elite running back wouldn't want to go far from the SEC. We also have mom on our side so I believe we have as good a chance as any.

For some reason though, I feel like Auburn could surprise everyone here.

Several long time posters on the Michigan board are calling Auburn as well. They were making ban bets yesterday they were so sure Green was going to be a tiger.

VN Store

Back