'13 VA RB Derrick Green (Michigan commit)

Still early, I think some of the guys not playing will pan out down the road, ie Bonner and Gray. I get your point though.

I like McNeil, Gray, and Bonner a lot. I like Sentimore and McCullers. The WR class is the best in the country. I also like Peterman at QB. What about the RBs, OL, LB groups? He's missing in classes. And you can't miss and be elite in this league.

Reactions: 1 person
I like McNeil, Gray, and Bonner a lot. I like Sentimore and McCullers. The WR class is the best in the country. I also like Peterman at QB. What about the RBs, OL, LB groups? He's missing in classes. And you can't miss and be elite in this league.

I think that's skewed to an extent, I agree with you though you can't go 0-fer in the SEC. BUT, we were 100% hamstrung last recruiting cycle until very late because we had no RB coach. OL was a mess all over with the flak over Hiestand so I would say it was no wonder we struck out on those recruits. LB was a perfect storm, I won't go further there, we all know how it played out. I think the staff found a good one in Bynum tho. All that said, I think if things can stay in place this year we will see a complete class, JMO tho.

He had Santo's and Peter's. Santo's,,,no comment. Peter's, I don't think we've heard the end of that story.

I think that's skewed to an extent, I agree with you though you can't go 0-fer in the SEC. BUT, we were 100% hamstrung last recruiting cycle until very late because we had no RB coach. OL was a mess all over with the flak over Hiestand so I would say it was no wonder we struck out on those recruits. LB was a perfect storm, I won't go further there, we all know how it played out. I think the staff found a good one in Bynum tho. All that said, I think if things can stay in place this year we will see a complete class, JMO tho.

Who's fault is it we didn't have a RB coach? LB still was BS because he should've went after more from the get go. No OL period is some more BS.

Reactions: 1 person
I like Ansley a lot also. I think he is a rising star.

Obviously our secondary is terrible, but I think Ansley will be a good one in the end.

I would be willing to give our coaching a break on this one I think that our players back their now suck, and the scheme sucks. I particularly loved the single saftey set on 3rd down that went for an SC toucdown. I do think that we do have some up and comers and that Coleman and Randolph are solid. Moore isn't bad either he isn't geting much help.

I would be willing to give our coaching a break on this one I think that our players back their now suck, and the scheme sucks. I particularly loved the single saftey set on 3rd down that went for an SC toucdown. I do think that we do have some up and comers and that Coleman and Randolph are solid. Moore isn't bad either he isn't geting much help.

BM takes the most horrible angles I have ever seen. He still looks like he is adjusting to the speed of the game. He can't diagnose plays at all. I would say he has some bad instincts also, but he leads the team in picks and has taken some decent reads. Hell Randolph looks like an All American now.

Who's fault is it we didn't have a RB coach? LB still was BS because he should've went after more from the get go. No OL period is some more BS.

You know, BB, with your penultimate knowledge of recruiting and ability to evaluate elite talent--why don't you get a job for some SEC university as a coach or recruiting coordinator? Then, maybe we could watch you fail, and throw shots at you in public when you do--

Please give CDD a break. He's 2.5 years into a trainwreck--and has lost some of his best players hurt on D this year just like last year on offense. He landed hunter, CP, Tiny, Peterman, AJ, Maggitt, McCullers, Sentimore, and some other good DL that are gonna fill holes. We do need to WIN--everyone agrees--but how long does it take to get to Elite?? And, just who is elite in the SEC East anyway? We were in it against Fla, and had a shot at UGA, who may be the SEC East champ...that margin is small, and you can't even get hired to walk it.....so you're just another talking head on a message board who's opinion means squat--just like mine!

Reactions: 3 people
Sooo....Michigan lost again and looked awful. I wonder how they will twist the recruiting articles now. I hope we are still in the running for Green, difference maker next year if so.

You know, BB, with your penultimate knowledge of recruiting and ability to evaluate elite talent--why don't you get a job for some SEC university as a coach or recruiting coordinator? Then, maybe we could watch you fail, and throw shots at you in public when you do--

Please give CDD a break. He's 2.5 years into a trainwreck--and has lost some of his best players hurt on D this year just like last year on offense. He landed hunter, CP, Tiny, Peterman, AJ, Maggitt, McCullers, Sentimore, and some other good DL that are gonna fill holes. We do need to WIN--everyone agrees--but how long does it take to get to Elite?? And, just who is elite in the SEC East anyway? We were in it against Fla, and had a shot at UGA, who may be the SEC East champ...that margin is small, and you can't even get hired to walk it.....so you're just another talking head on a message board who's opinion means squat--just like mine!

IMO BB is right. We're sadly lacking at LB, especially covering on passing plays. We need to play our younger DBs and get them some experience this year, because our older guys are not getting it done. We're thin at RB with Neal out. Yes, CDD has recruited some good players, but missed badly in these areas and it's costing us wins vs. teams we should be beating.

Hiring the right assistant coaches and recruiting, like everything else, are CDD's responsibilities. If you don't like what BB says, just put him on ignore. :hi:

Reactions: 2 people

You're so funny guy. You definitely don't really read a lot of my posts because I've been one of Dooley's biggest supporters for 2.5 years. The Miss. State and Bama games did it for me. I've provided my thoughts on what I want to go on and it is what it is.

SN: as far as the coaching thing parents are contacting me to help train their kids for SEC schools. So I may know a tad bit. :) have a great day sir.

Last edited:
You're so funny guy. You definitely don't really read a lot of my posts because I've been one of Dooley's biggest supporters for 2.5 years. The Miss. State and Bama games did it for me. I've provided my thoughts on what I want to go on and it is what it is.

SN: as far as the coaching thing parents are contacting me to help get train their kids for SEC schools. So I may know a tad bit. :) have a great day sir.

They be hatin on a UT fan.:)

VN Store

Back