'13 VA LB E.J. Levenberry (FSU commit)

I think they have some, but after talking to a few people this week I still think FSU is the leader there. While the staff changes have left some close to Levenberry uncomfortable, he still really likes FSU and the program. The good thing going for them is Thigpen has been doing a good job and Levenberry already admits he likes the gameday atmosphere, now they have to get him comfortable with the staff and plans moving forward. I don't think he flips this weekend, I think he and his family will talk it out. Again, Tennessee has become a player, but will it be enough. Right now, I'm not sure.
-Paul Fortenberry, (VolQuest.com).

I think Sal is our biggest help with this one. I don't think Levenberry or his family really likes Sal. This could be Sal's biggest recruit for us. Too bad he had to be on another team for him to actually help us. He sure didn't do anything for us last year.

Really need to get the Levenberry family (especially dad) here with E.J. this weekend.

I really think we have a great shot a Levenberry. His dad was not happy at all about FSU hiring Sal.

Coaches that don't start the season saying we are not good, will certainly be a good start.
Sucked the motivations from all the players, removed all Hype.
Dooley Took that opertunity away from a very good group of players.
I think that prevented them from becomming a team.
The biggest improvement to this class, is the class of the coaches.
They want the Hype , they demand it.

CBJ is building a TEAM, not a group of players.
11Berry would be a great pick up for us.

Same story, different recruit. Unfortunately, you can't build a program by almost getting top recruits.

Regardless of what Rivals ranked him, this guy is an elite player, and right there with Lawson and Bell in what he could mean to the program.

From Rivlals -

This weekend, Jan. 25, Tennessee will be hosting a pair of committed, U.S. Army All-Americans from the Mid-Atlantic. Pittsburgh commit Tyler Boyd and Florida State commit E.J. Levenberry Jr. will be jumping on a plane to take a look at Rocky Top. Boyd, a 6-foot-1, 168-pound wide receiver from Clairton (Pa.), has maintained since he committed at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl earlier this month that he will take visits once he chose his school. He became very interested in Tennessee once Coach Butch Jones and his staff came over from Cincinnati. It is also possible that Boyd takes an official visit to West Virginia before signing day.

Levenberry has been committed to Florida State for months and, in that time, has flirted with visiting multiple schools. Oklahoma did get a visit but Bob Stoops and company were not able to flip him. The reason Levenberry is taking this visit to Knoxville has a lot to do with the recent turnover on the Seminoles coaching staff and the fact that Levenberry has a good relationship with Tommy Thigpen.

Reactions: 1 person
From Rivlals -

This weekend, Jan. 25, Tennessee will be hosting a pair of committed, U.S. Army All-Americans from the Mid-Atlantic. Pittsburgh commit Tyler Boyd and Florida State commit E.J. Levenberry Jr. will be jumping on a plane to take a look at Rocky Top. Boyd, a 6-foot-1, 168-pound wide receiver from Clairton (Pa.), has maintained since he committed at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl earlier this month that he will take visits once he chose his school. He became very interested in Tennessee once Coach Butch Jones and his staff came over from Cincinnati. It is also possible that Boyd takes an official visit to West Virginia before signing day.

Levenberry has been committed to Florida State for months and, in that time, has flirted with visiting multiple schools. Oklahoma did get a visit but Bob Stoops and company were not able to flip him. The reason Levenberry is taking this visit to Knoxville has a lot to do with the recent turnover on the Seminoles coaching staff and the fact that Levenberry has a good relationship with Tommy Thigpen.

EJ liked Tennessee under the previous regime, just not a fan of SS. Not many Tennessee loyalists are these days. :) , but I digress... I think EJ's interest is greater than he, his father or others let on.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back