'13 TN RB Marquis Morton

I have seen this kid Marquis Morton play and he is a beast on the field. He should be in the top 10 in the state as a back next season. Heard he hasn't had a offer yet. what are we waiting for lets grab him before he gets away. I have seen him and Corn play both are great players but Morton has the up side as a back. He is 5'11 185 and corn is 5'8 160 both going into their senior seasons. I'm just saying.

Reactions: 1 person
I have seen this kid Marquis Morton play and he is a beast on the field. He should be in the top 10 in the state as a back next season. Heard he hasn't had a offer yet. what are we waiting for lets grab him before he gets away. I have seen him and Corn play both are great players but Morton has the up side as a back. He is 5'11 185 and corn is 5'8 160 both going into their senior seasons. I'm just saying.

Rivals has elder listed as 5'11" 170

Rivals has elder listed as 5'11" 170

My bad. I haven't checked Rivals lately. Dont get me wrong i would love to get them both. They are both great players. I know i watched Marquis play against Lavergne this year and the things he did on the field was jaw dropping. All i'm saying lets keep a close eye on him and dont let him get away.

Corn is around 5'11 170 and has legit 4.3 forty time while morton is more around 4.6ish morton is stronger though

But has he been in a real strength & conditioning program? And is he done growing? Probably no and no. If he's still running 4.5 at 200 lbs then I'm pretty sure measurables alone will get him looked at. A lot of kids get their peak speed in their Senior season anyways.

Check out the vid linked on page 5, more than measurables. Looks to me like Morton has "It."

His 40 is listed at 4.53 but if you see him play you know he runs faster than that time.

Actually I have seen him play. I played for the team that eliminated his from the playoffs. He ran for 40 yard against our defense that was one of the worst rush defenses in the state. a kid from walker valley had 300 in the first half against us and walker valley went 0-10... i could show you the film of him against us and trust me there is nothing that would make anyone think he is a D1 prospect

Actually I have seen him play. I played for the team that eliminated his from the playoffs. He ran for 40 yard against our defense that was one of the worst rush defenses in the state. a kid from walker valley had 300 in the first half against us and walker valley went 0-10... i could show you the film of him against us and trust me there is nothing that would make anyone think he is a D1 prospect

One game don't make or break nobody. I guess you had plenty of time to look at him from the side lines. You are probably one of those people that wish you were as good as he is but never will be. Stop all the hating and just be glad they let you put on a uniform to hand out the water to the real players on your team.

One game don't make or break nobody. I guess you had plenty of time to look at him from the side lines. You are probably one of those people that wish you were as good as he is but never will be. Stop all the hating and just be glad they let you put on a uniform to hand out the water to the real players on your team.

For your son's sake, you probably shouldn't post on VN. If you do post, you better get thick skin.

Reactions: 5 people

ooltewahvol is probably a little 15 or16 yr old snotty nose kid that doesn't know anything about football. To the Morton's don't stoop to his level. I've seen your son play and he is a great player and end will up where GOD wont's him to be so you don't have to worry about anything just make sure you don't let none of this crap gets to him.

Can we please stop with this nonsense. Morton is a good HS back, that's been established. Let's see what college coaches think of him when/if they offer. We don't need to keep bumping this thread and arguing over who did what during the year. My team in HS shutdown Jayson Swain, Leron McClain, and Max Martin(big time back that went Michigan). Didn't stop them from getting a schollie. I shut Sean Bailey(big time HS WR that went to Georgia) down in the Ga. coaches faces at a camp they didn't pull his offer. We'll see if he gets an offer. Until then can we stop with this daily bxtch fest.

Can we please stop with this nonsense. Morton is a good HS back, that's been established. Let's see what college coaches think of him when/if they offer. We don't need to keep bumping this thread and arguing over who did what during the year. My team in HS shutdown Jayson Swain, Leron McClain, and Max Martin(big time back that went Michigan). Didn't stop them from getting a schollie. I shut Sean Bailey(big time HS WR that went to Georgia) down in the Ga. coaches faces at a camp they didn't pull his offer. We'll see if he gets an offer. Until then can we stop with this daily bxtch fest.

This is Mr.Morton posting now and i said I wouldn't post that much on here. Everybody has there own opinion and thats what it is an opinion but I'm glad you came on here to set the record sraight and I hope the nonsense does stop. Thank you and GOD BLESS.

This is Mr.Morton posting now and i said I wouldn't post that much on here. Everybody has there own opinion and thats what it is an opinion but I'm glad you came on here to set the record sraight and I hope the nonsense does stop. Thank you and GOD BLESS.

Yeah you gotta take comments on here with a grain of salt...just opinions....take stock in what college coaches and the professionals think. Your son looks like he has a bright future to me, but again that's just my opinion...tell him good luck this year and to keep up the hard work and good things will happen.

VN Store

Back