'13 TN RB Marquis Morton

Great job, that time is in the elite level. Just continue to focus on fundamentals and you will do well!

Work hard, Go Vols!

Nice time. Get to as many camps as possible this summer to get noticed.

Thanks I will. My schedule for this spring and summer so far is April 14th MTSU Junior day, April 21st Orange and White game, June 1st Nike Training Camp, June 2nd Memphis camp, then Vanderbilt, Mtsu, Kentucky, Tenn. Hope to have offers rolling in.

excellent mo, congratulations, very nice time

Congrats on your visit to Kentucky yesterday hope you had a good time. Your cousin said you were excited. Its not UT but it is a SEC school and Kentucky is a great school. If i dont get to see you play for Tenn i guess i will see you play against them. Lol. Is it true they are talking about offering?

Congrats on your visit to Kentucky yesterday hope you had a good time. Your cousin said you were excited. Its not UT but it is a SEC school and Kentucky is a great school. If i dont get to see you play for Tenn i guess i will see you play against them. Lol. Is it true they are talking about offering?

Kensucky

Reactions: 2 people
12/23/2011:

pretty slow 40 time for a guy that size imo. just sayin :hi:

But has he been in a real strength & conditioning program? And is he done growing? Probably no and no. If he's still running 4.5 at 200 lbs then I'm pretty sure measurables alone will get him looked at. A lot of kids get their peak speed in their Senior season anyways.

4/4/2012

:)Was clocked today by coaches in the 40 running a 4.36. Best time i ever ran. Gotta keep working though.

*cough* *cough*

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWbt2-OsKjw[/youtube]

Shelbyville Football College Prospects - YouTube

Dooley should offer as a punter.

I'm serious.

check out the 3:41 mark and notice the chains say 4th down....

Dude is a beast.

Maybe another Randall Cobb, a guy we'll all wish we had once he does well at Kentucky?

Are you camping at UT this summer?

Question for Morton....

How many times did you fumble last year? I would think a guy that finishes runs like you would cough it up a few times.

Also, thanks for posting here. I know a lot of players don't, or stay anonymous. I can only imagine that they recieve advice to not post.

MM is a lot of fun to watch, a naturally skilled athlete. But how will that talent serve as an SEC RB? There is a premium on vision, burst, and toughness. Coaches want guys who can spot the hole and get through it immediately, then lower the pads for the tough yards. No dancin'. Don't get me wrong, I hope our coaches give Morton a very good look, because I like his talent. But they search for specific skill sets. Maybe Morton should ask CoachGraham what he would want from him and work those skills this fall.

Last edited:
Any update for us, Moton. You know even if you don't end up at UT, there will still be a good many of us following and supporting you. Let us know how recruiting and camps are going.

Reactions: 3 people
Have u guys seen his film? I'm officially a Morton fan! This guy is super quick in his cuts, gets down field fast, and will just not go down without a fight! I love this kind of runner.. A type we haven't had in a while.. Our last back would fall down if he was looked at wrong.

VN Store

Back