'13 TN OL Brett Kendrick (UT Commit)

My first post, but have been a viewer for a while. To interested by this thread to ignore. Sat down for dinner with my sister and her family Friday night and this kid shows up with my nephew. They both go to CAK. Both play basketball there too, so I know his face but had never spoke with him until that night. Well spoken young man. He talked a little about schools that had visited and contacted him, and said he had already took three visits to UT, all unofficial. He spoke very highly of Pittman and Dooley. I can say this, he is a pretty good basketball player and is athletic for a legit 6'5" 300 pounder. There doing something right at CAK for sure.

First off, welcome aboard!

That all sounds great, hope he comes to camp and shows out. These are the kinda guys I hold out my opinions and let the staff evaluate. Seems they've done a pretty fair job on O-lineman so far, and we'll need a few this year.

First off, welcome aboard!

That all sounds great, hope he comes to camp and shows out. These are the kinda guys I hold out my opinions and let the staff evaluate. Seems they've done a pretty fair job on O-lineman so far, and we'll need a few this year.

Hope he does well. Could be a good high character guy with discipline. We need all of those we can get.

Brett had a good practice with Chaney and Pittman there last Saturday. They said they want to see him against their DE and DL prospects in camp next month. He is really hoping UT offers him, but he is getting more and more attention from Clemson, Wake Forest, VT, and Kentucky.

Brett had a good practice with Chaney and Pittman there last Saturday. They said they want to see him against their DE and DL prospects in camp next month. He is really hoping UT offers him, but he is getting more and more attention from Clemson, Wake Forest, VT, and Kentucky.

Does he have a mean nasty streak on field? Tell him to bring it all on every play. Coaches accept mistakes. Not taking plays off.

Tell him VolNation wishes him the best! Need more TN native linemen.

Last edited:
I really hope this kid does good at the camp & earns a solid offer, would be very good to have 2 OL commits from w/in the state.

Would leave us w/ a lot of options to fill 2-3 more spots of OL.

I really hope this kid does good at the camp & earns a solid offer, would be very good to have 2 OL commits from w/in the state.

Would leave us w/ a lot of options to fill 2-3 more spots of OL.

Agreed. Historically, UT has done well with native Tennessee linemen.

You left off Ramon Foster and Scott Wells.

Malcolm Rawls, Preston Bailey, Steven Jones, Darius Myers, Kevin Revis are examples of misses from TN in the last 10 years.

Success rate from Tennessee-born linemen is probably less than 50-50 honestly, but there have been some great ones who had long NFL careers.

You left off Ramon Foster and Scott Wells.

Malcolm Rawls, Preston Bailey, Steven Jones, Darius Myers, Kevin Revis are examples of misses from TN in the last 10 years.

Success rate from Tennessee-born linemen is probably less than 50-50 honestly, but there have been some great ones who had long NFL careers.

Trey Teague

Reactions: 1 person
Brett is planning to be at Kentucky's camp this Sunday, UT's and Wake Forest's camp next weekend, and then Clemson and VT's at some point after that.

Brett is planning to be at Kentucky's camp this Sunday, UT's and Wake Forest's camp next weekend, and then Clemson and VT's at some point after that.

Thanks Brett, keeps us updated on your recruiting process

No offense intended. Just missed where you stated that... Anyhow, look forward to seeing your updates

Kendrick is okay. Strong. But he needs to get quicker. In recruiting, there's a term -- "turns like a battleship" ... he's not that slow, but he cetainly doesn't have the feet at this point to be a tackle for a BCS type of program. Looks like a guard all the way, where his strength and size and would help him be a bulldozer. At this stage, I don't see him giving an SEC type of DE too many problems. But as a guard, where there is less space to man I see some potential.
- Keith Niehbur

Reactions: 1 person
Wes Rucker ‏@wesrucker247

RT @prepxtra CAK OL Brett Kendrick (6-5, 290) said he's about to commit to Tennessee. Kendrick (@brettk63) is part of 2013 class

Starting to fill this offensive linewith some guys from tennessee, now if we could just add morris to fo with kendrick and sanders
Posted via VolNation Mobile

bkdamoron,

Can you update us on any particulars that led to the offer/commit?

VN Store

Back