'13 TN DE Jason Carr (UT signee)

My favorite recruit from the '13 class. Would be nice to see him play but at least he will be ready to play next year hopefully.:)

Mine too!! When I heard he rode the bus to get to Knoxville on an unofficial he grabbed part of my heart. (I know that sounds stupid to most here, but I have two sons so these kids who love UT are special to me.)

Reactions: 2 people
Freshman DT rarely get PT, especially when we have 5-6 non freshmen DT. He'll get his chance next year.

Exactly. And by "non freshmen," you can go ahead and say seniors. Vereen, Saulsberry, and O'Brien are the only guys in the rotation getting meaningful minutes. The fact we have Carr for 4 more years is huge.

Mine too!! When I heard he rode the bus to get to Knoxville on an unofficial he grabbed part of my heart. (I know that sounds stupid to most here, but I have two sons so these kids who love UT are special to me.)

We need to nickname him "The Memphis Megabus"

Carr, Saulsberry, Williams, O'Brien is a solid first four on the interior. If 2 of the freshmen can be solid contributors we have a solid tackle rotation.

Lambert, Vereen, Hendrix and Williams at DE and then we need solid contributions from 2 of Vickers, Miller and Brown. Our D Line could be pretty good next year.

Carr, Saulsberry, Williams, O'Brien is a solid first four on the interior. If 2 of the freshmen can be solid contributors we have a solid tackle rotation.

Lambert, Vereen, Hendrix and Williams at DE and then we need solid contributions from 2 of Vickers, Miller and Brown. Our D Line could be pretty good next year.

Maybe Latroy Lewis will be ready to help at end too.

Reactions: 1 person
lots of bodies. not sure about talent.

I disagree. We have seen what Vereen is capable of and he'll only get better, O'Brien has been very solid and this was his RS. Fr. We haven't been able to see what vickers, Carr,and miller can do, and they were all fairly highly touted coming out of HS. Latroy Lewis has shown great flashes like in the O&W game, and I remember Jordan Williams' name being called a good amount the last two years. Our incomers will only help with motivating the returning players or taking the positions themselves. Lambert could easily be a future star and Owen Williams will push for PT. Henderson won the MVP of an event that D'Shawn Hand competed in. Hendrix will be competing for a five star status, and has continued to improve. D Barnett was one of my favorite commitments, and Moseley is huge. Match all of this young talent with a great position coach, and I see a bright future for the D Line. Stripling has our backs and must be so excited for this potential front 4 rotation

Reactions: 6 people

You hope they are solid. I hope they develop well. Really like O'Brien don't know why we stop playing him as much.

Reactions: 1 person
I think Carr, Brown, Vickers and Miller will surprise some people this spring. Wouldn't shock me to see Hendrix and Barnett and others have to battle them for playing time especially Vickers and Miller. Carr finds himself in the rotation regardless

VN Store

Back