'13 TN DE Jason Carr (UT signee)

What's up with him? I must of missed something. Is he hurt?

He's a true freshman, so best case scenario is he doesn't play, so he can redshirt. So you're not gonna hear much about him unless we get desperate.

Last edited:
We're in such a thin rotation now we can't afford an injury there. They'd prob move walls back inside.

We're in such a thin rotation now we can't afford an injury there. They'd prob move walls back inside.

We probably won't get a chance to rotate players too much against the no huddle of Oregon's offense. If we can throw a bunch of different defensive looks that can cause some confusion for the ducks, then maybe we can slow them down enough to rotate players in. The Vols defense is just going to have to keep pace with them, which is extremely hard to match.

Against a team like Oregon Walls might work out well on the inside. Against the UGAs and Bamas it'll get tougher for him though.

Word, we need couch and his threehundredpoundedness against the bigger, tougher, running teams. Gonna hurt.

Carr was one of our highest rated recruits. I have not heard his name called much if at all. Does anyone know what is going on with him getting PT?

Carr was one of our highest rated recruits. I have not heard his name called much if at all. Does anyone know what is going on with him getting PT?

Ideally we redshirt him, that's what the staff wants. That is the normal process except for a few here and there. We just haven't been able to do this due to all the turmoil. We are getting back to having enough depth to do this more and more.

Freshman DT rarely get PT, especially when we have 5-6 non freshmen DT. He'll get his chance next year.

He will take a medical redshirt most likely, since he played in an early game or two. His injury has not yet been "discovered".

I don't like the idea of a freshman DE starting in the SEC. That would truly mean we have no depth. He'll grow into the position and become a force. Just needs some time...

UT is actually using a 9 man rotatuon on the d-line and would be 10 if Couch still here.

Carr was also a bit of a tweener. Bigger than most ends but not quite a tackle. So, with the luxury of seniors and depth I'm certain the staff wanted to see how he fills out in the weight program.

Reactions: 1 person
UT is actually using a 9 man rotatuon on the d-line and would be 10 if Couch still here.

Carr was also a bit of a tweener. Bigger than most ends but not quite a tackle. So, with the luxury of seniors and depth I'm certain the staff wanted to see how he fills out in the weight program.

He's definitely a DT now. Every snap I've seen him in he played as the 3 technique DT. I'm hoping by next year the line up of Lambert, Carr, O'Brien, and Veeren is considered one on the best pass rushing d-lines in SEC. That's a lot of athleticism on the field.

VN Store

Back