'13 TN DE Jason Carr (UT signee)

Wth did the coach say to a Bama reporter that makes you guys so certain he is gone??

They don't know. Defeatist attitude which permeates the state and why our program is in the shape it's in. I wish some of these cancerous fans would radiate themselves from the fanbase.

Cam clear highly ranked outta Memphis .... bust ..... Chris Donald 5 star lb from huntingdon ... bust .... Carr highly ranked Memphis ... don't wanna be here .....gtfo....so we can fill ur spot

Don't take it that far man, until he says otherwise he's still committed to us. No sense burning bridges.

Y'all are crazy! Did you miss this part of the quote?

I know he visited Tennessee last weekend. We haven't really talked much about it either. We'll get together tomorrow though."

I'm not certain about anything but Carr has changed how he has acted, first it was visit us ask questions, make sure it was right with the new coaches and possibly shut down. Now he doesn't want to talk. I mean I just got the feeling when I read it, and I just said it wasn't good. Not he committed to Alabama. I'm not throwing a fit, I'm just nervous.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Cam clear highly ranked outta Memphis .... bust ..... Chris Donald 5 star lb from huntingdon ... bust .... Carr highly ranked Memphis ... don't wanna be here .....gtfo....so we can fill ur spot

Rednecks like this I don't blame him, if he does. But typical drama queen poster.

kinda agree. Not begging anybody who would chose Bama over their home state.

Reactions: 1 person

Your expertise and ability to provide solid, rational evaluations is astounding.

Naw I got all my teeth knucklehead vol and don't drink ... just want the kid to stick ... and just cause bama has 37 mythical national champs ..he don't wanna talk and think about it ..

I understand the whole lets play for Saban and win and go pro. What so many of these kids don't see is kids like Carr are bottom feeders to Bama. Sure he will see the field a lot in 3-4 years and after he redshirts. Even then who's to say they won't land a few other great DE who are better then him right out of high school or JuCo. Point is, if you aren't recruited right off the bat at Bama they either see you as someone who's a roster filler or someone who can't immediately help so they don't waste their time with you right off the bat. Ruben Foster etc are their type of recruits. It sucks because they get who they want now, and can steal recruits whom they've recruited for two weeks. At the end of the day, Carr starts by year two here at the least. He'll be lucky to see the field on half the games on year two at Bama.

Thanx allvol...glad to see another smartta$$ poster is upset since they can't do anything about a local kid going elsewhere ...

Thanx allvol...glad to see another smartta$$ poster is upset since they can't do anything about a local kid going elsewhere ...

There was nothing "upset" about my post. You told a kid who is committed to us to "gtfo" because he's having a hard time choosing between playing football at either UT or a consistent national title contender.

This is the biggest choice of this kid's life so far and I'm not gonna give him greif for thinking it out. So please go ahead and continue to dislike every prospect that visits and likes another school because you will then dislike almost every player on the roster.

Reactions: 1 person
Like u just said a consistent national title contender ... lets just say Carr woulda been a recruit when dubose and Shula was there... think he woulda visited bama then? What I thought... just cause they win nowadays don't mean u dump ur homestate team cause theywin... that's called jumping on the BANDWAGON.

Honestly, I'm just glad he didn't flip during his visit...just because Bama seems to have it like that. I'm not gonna wig out yet. HOWEVER, this is one we GOTTA keep. Not only is he a total badass, he's an in-state kid.

Some players want to be part of building something while some want to kick back and watch the 60" flatscreen in the cindo that's already been built. We're about to find out if he's a builder or not.

I'm still goin vol here.

" difference in them" doesn't mean "I gotta go there".

Kind of a generic statement really. Could just mean their multiple crystal ball trophies as an example.

Like u just said a consistent national title contender ... lets just say Carr woulda been a recruit when dubose and Shula was there... think he woulda visited bama then? What I thought... just cause they win nowadays don't mean u dump ur homestate team cause theywin... that's called jumping on the BANDWAGON.

And in the 90s UT was getting players to jump on the bandwagon from states all around the southeast. You can't just expect a kid to commit to whatever school is in his home state. He has no obligation to us and if you believe otherwise you're being foolish. I'll repeat that this is this kid's biggest decision that he has had in his entire life and I'm not going to tell him not to come here just because he has interest in another school, which in case you haven't noticed is just about EVERY OTHER PROSPECT in major college recruiting.

Naw I got all my teeth knucklehead vol and don't drink ... just want the kid to stick ... and just cause bama has 37 mythical national champs ..he don't wanna talk and think about it ..

No reason to give up at all. If he turns he does. But he is a good kid regardless.

VN Store

Back