'13 TN DE Jason Carr (UT signee)

How good is this kid? 3, 4, 5 star talent? Chance to be in the rivals top 250? Just curious for those of you that know more about him

Damn two 2013 commitments in 1 day? I like it.

swanson-dance.gif

V,B

might have already been asked but was his parents with him on this visit?

Carr is now 6-foot-6, 259 pounds. He says he can play anywhere on the DL in a 3-4 defense. He already had offers from UT, Memphis, Ole Miss, Cincinatti, MSU, LSU, Oregon, Nebraska, and KY. He also says Nick Saban and Alabama were very close to offering. Glad to be committed to UT so now he can focus on his senior year and bettering his grades and winning a HS State Championship.

"Well, you know, I kind of had a feeling that it was probably going to come down to today on what I was going to do and where I was going to sign or where I was going to go," Carr said. "So, I committed today."
"Basically, Tennessee has been recruiting me since the end of my sophomore year. They had been recruiting me pretty tough, so it was probably just a matter of time [before he committed to UT]," he said, noting he was first recruited by Charlie Baggett and lately had been picked up Darin Hinshaw.
"I just heard that I grew to 259. I was kind of surprised, but I've been working out, trying to gain weight and get at 270 before the spring," Carr said. "And you know, just go ahead and get the feel of that new weight coming in before my senior season."
"Actually, my coach, he wanted me to be versatile. Play everything on the defensive line and be able to drop back into coverage on some plays. So actually, I think I have a good amount of strength at every position on the defensive line," he said. "We have different formations, so I've played in almost every formation you can."
-VQ.

VN Store

Back