'13 TN ATH Malik Foreman (UT signee)

I saw the Maryville game and he is the real deal. Plays def back too. He has fastest 100 meter time of any football player in TN. Shocking that speed is by far our biggest need on defense and we weren't even looking at fastest def back in state that played his hs games within 100 miles of campus.

I saw the Maryville game and he is the real deal. Plays def back too. He has fastest 100 meter time of any football player in TN. Shocking that speed is by far our biggest need on defense and we weren't even looking at fastest def back in state that played his hs games within 100 miles of campus.

And his best offer was Vanderbilt.

Been hearing rumors Graham has "reached out" to Malik .. Heard it last night and again today on the way home from work (AM640 The Sports Animal). Anyone heard anything?

Our speed in back end is bad. Needs a significant upgrade. Can he be UT quality DB?

He plays both sides of the ball extremely well. I've been hoping since last year that UT would talk to him. I watched him tear it up this year many times. While Vandy is a good fit for him (flame me if you wish, he's a bright kid) I'd rather see him in orange.

He comes in at 4.5 40 and 4.3 shuttle.. He looks faster on the field.. I think he is one of those that doesn't seem to slow down much with pads on.. I have no idea how he might translate as a DB. I see him more as a slot receiver.. He is dangerous with the ball in his hands.. Looks like he has about the same speed as Randall Cobb did in high school (they both ran 10.7 100m)..

This kid is a great db and as said before he is fast. Would fill a need badly and has speed. We need to get this kid IMO

Here is video from the Science Hill game.. He had some pretty good runs in that game.. Look at the plays at 1:30, 3:14, 7:40, 10:05, 11:52, 13:05, 15:05.. IMO, he is best with the ball in his hands..

Dobyns Bennett vs. Science Hill Football Highlights - YouTube

edit: I know we aren't talking about Georgia or Florida high school football here but Science Hill is/was very good this year and they have speed in that team..

Foreman is a verbal to Vandy. One of the most explosive players I have seen on any field. Racked up gaudy stats this year while sharing the backfield with a kid who had a chance at Mr Football. I'd hate to lose another Randall Cobb.

Foreman visited UT today and was offered by the staff. He may be back for an official in January.
-VQ

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
hopefully the new staff can make up some ground with this kid. I think if we offered him earlier he would be a vol now.

Here is video from the Science Hill game.. He had some pretty good runs in that game.. Look at the plays at 1:30, 3:14, 7:40, 10:05, 11:52, 13:05, 15:05.. IMO, he is best with the ball in his hands..

Dobyns Bennett vs. Science Hill Football Highlights - YouTube

edit: I know we aren't talking about Georgia or Florida high school football here but Science Hill is/was very good this year and they have speed in that team..

You had to bring this up (speaking as a Science Hill alum who was at this game).

No doubt though, the kid has skills. Would rather see him in Orange than black and gold (or maroon and grey for that matter).

Reactions: 1 person
Malik is a very bright young man and a great athlete. Played QB in 2012 after an injury to the original starting QB. He has great speed and vision and a nose for the football. I think he would best help UT as a defensive back which he also played . I think at 6' and 180 lbs he would make a great cover corner ! JMO. Saw him play several games in 2011 and 2012.

Hubbs said Foreman and Swafford will likely be on campus as official visitors with a good number of other recruits on January 11th.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back