'13 TN ATH Jalen Ramsey (Former USCw, now FSU commit)

you're mad at a HS kid because he doesn't have interest in Tennessee...a bit harsh brother.

don't act like you know the kid...

Not mad, don't act like you know me. Ramsey has made comments above and beyond not being interested in a school. He's brought that heat upon himself. Anyone who sees otherwise is being an apologist who is in denial. If he is going to make comments about the university and the fans, him and his supporters should expect reactions. If they don't then they are delusional to think he should receive special treatment.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Not mad, don't act like you know me. Ramsey has made comments above and beyond not being interested in a school. He's brought that heat upon himself. Anyone who sees otherwise is being an apologist who is in denial. If he is going to make comments about the university and the fans, him and his supporters should expect reactions. If they don't then are delusional to think he should receive special treatment.

don't believe anyone should receive special treatment...but the kid is exactly that..a kid.

Most kids these days have narcissistic personality's...better to just forget about it.

don't believe anyone should receive special treatment...but the kid is exactly that..a kid.

Most kids these days have narcissistic personality's...better to just forget about it.

Not really thinking about it. Just commenting on a thread about where I hope he doesn't end up. The 'prick' comment is just my take anytime his name pops up. And that's just my opinion based on his body of work on social media outlets, interviews, etc. If Jalen or those around him don't want to be viewed in that light, then be careful what's said or typed for all to see.

Not mad, don't act like you know me. Ramsey has made comments above and beyond not being interested in a school. He's brought that heat upon himself. Anyone who sees otherwise is being an apologist who is in denial. If he is going to make comments about the university and the fans, him and his supporters should expect reactions. If they don't then they are delusional to think he should receive special treatment.

OR, you could be the adult, let him be the teenage kid, and just let it go? Or not comment? Just take the high road? Not take everything so personally?

OR, you could be the adult, let him be the teenage kid, and just let it go? Or not comment? Just take the high road? Not take everything so personally?

but then he wouldn't be able to flex his internet muscles, and we all know how fun that is... :shakehead:

Reactions: 1 person

Were you looking for someone to answer these questions for you?

I find it ironic that everyone runs to ole Jalen's rescue on this thread and attempts to tell someone not to take something personally. Personally to me is a bunch of fanboys sitting around waiting for some one to say something negatively about a kid who has verbally ran down our supposed program and then telling that poster how he/she should respond on a message board. Take it for what it is a post that contains a different opinion than yours, nothing more.

By the way, get over yourself telling someone else how they should respond.

but then he wouldn't be able to flex his internet muscles, and we all know how fun that is... :shakehead:

No if I was doing this, I would infer the bolded portion is the only muscle you could probably relate to. That is probably why you think that is what's being done.

It will continue to sting, losing 5-star instate players of need. He gave Tennessee a fair chance, he has visited 4 or 5 times. Three consecutive losing seasons turns players away. I wish we could land him, but it isn't going to happen.

Were you looking for someone to answer these questions for you?

I find it ironic that everyone runs to ole Jalen's rescue on this thread and attempts to tell someone not to take something personally. Personally to me is a bunch of fanboys sitting around waiting for some one to say something negatively about a kid who has verbally ran down our supposed program and then telling that poster how he/she should respond on a message board. Take it for what it is a post that contains a different opinion than yours, nothing more.

By the way, get over yourself telling someone else how they should respond.

Oh it's definitely a different opinion than mine. And it isn't even about Jalen Ramsey. This isn't the only thread on Volnation where people like you are bashing these teenage kids.

It is MY OPINION that the way you carry on is not only immature but classless. Instead of getting defensive about it, how about trying to be introspective and ask yourself if what I'm saying has any validity.

Just because you have an opinion about a person, doesn't mean you have to share it. You know the old saying, if you don't have anything good to say about someone........

My main point is this, it is NEVER in the best interest of the University of Tennessee, which you claim to love, to go on the interwebs and bash potential current or future recruits. Maybe we have no chance with Ramsey, but also, maybe there are other recruits in this thread that see comments like yours and are turned off by it.

Reactions: 4 people
Oh it's definitely a different opinion than mine. And it isn't even about Jalen Ramsey. This isn't the only thread on Volnation where people like you are bashing these teenage kids.

It is MY OPINION that the way you carry on is not only immature but classless. Instead of getting defensive about it, how about trying to be introspective and ask yourself if what I'm saying has any validity.

Just because you have an opinion about a person, doesn't mean you have to share it. You know the old saying, if you don't have anything good to say about someone........

My main point is this, it is NEVER in the best interest of the University of Tennessee, which you claim to love, to go on the interwebs and bash potential current or future recruits. Maybe we have no chance with Ramsey, but also, maybe there are other recruits in this thread that see comments like yours and are turned off by it.

I couldn't really careless what your opinion is. Means nothing to me. Continue to beat your chest some more about about how posters should conduct themselves on here as if you are some standard to go by.

Meanwhile, other than calling Ramsey a prick, I would love to see the supposed recruits I have 'ran down' since your ignorant a.zz decided to make such a claim.

I couldn't really careless what your opinion is. Means nothing to me. Continue to beat your chest some more about about how posters should conduct themselves on here as if you are some standard to go by.

Meanwhile, other than calling Ramsey a prick, I would love to see the supposed recruits I have 'ran down' since your ignorant a.zz decided to make such a claim.

Just saying as a person who normally only reads posts and doesn't respond that often, I actually agree with the other guy you are arguing with. I'm a college student so roughly the same age as these recruits and if I am a recruit you best believe I am reading the message boards seeing what is being said about me. Now, will it affect my decision? I am not sure to be honest. However, if it is close between 2 schools and I see Volnation boards bashing the way I have handled the process then I MAY be swayed in the other direction. I understand your anger, sure. But it is really childish and classless to bash 17 and 18 year old recruits over their choices on recruiting. And just to clariy, nobody is banging their chest in this post. Just simply wanted to state that the poster you are arguing with has a very solid point.

Reactions: 2 people
Just saying as a person who normally only reads posts and doesn't respond that often, I actually agree with the other guy you are arguing with. I'm a college student so roughly the same age as these recruits and if I am a recruit you best believe I am reading the message boards seeing what is being said about me. Now, will it affect my decision? I am not sure to be honest. However, if it is close between 2 schools and I see Volnation boards bashing the way I have handled the process then I MAY be swayed in the other direction. I understand your anger, sure. But it is really childish and classless to bash 17 and 18 year old recruits over their choices on recruiting. And just to clariy, nobody is banging their chest in this post. Just simply wanted to state that the poster you are arguing with has a very solid point.

There is no anger. That's the whole point. It's my opinion based on comments made nothing more.

The thing is I agree with your sentiment had your hypothetical situation involved a kid that happened to just choose another school. But when I see a kid continuing to run down another school after he made his selection, he should expect a response. And it's not a response directly to him, but on a message board with a thread title named after him. It's not like I went on his twitter and bashed him. The problem is too many people these days are too sensitive, and they think they can control everything that is said.

Take ole Lageer for instance, he's trying to be a part of the censorship gang. He thinks he can control what's said and not said on a message board. Truth is, he couldn't contain himself which is why he originally took my comment and started an entire cause about it.

I would rather talk about recruiting news involving recruits entertaining UT. Ramsey has had no interest for quite sometime. So I'm out as far as this thread is concerned.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Also, 95% of the information we receive is essentially provided to us third hand from pay sites or from anonymous posters...not exactly what one would call gospel. Why so many here (and I'm sure on other similar sites) rely on this info as completely factual and then take our anger out against a kid because it is reported he is more interested in Bama as opposed to UT is beyond me.

Take ole Lageer for instance, he's trying to be apart of the censorship gang. He thinks he can control what's said and not said on a message board. Truth is, he couldn't contain himself which is why he originally took my comment and started an entire cause about it.

I didn't see his comments as trying to be part of a censorship gang. If you were going to be censored....the Mods would have taken care of that. They didn't. You're not.

I simply saw his comments as saying "Please take a more adult approach in talking about a 17-18 year old kid".

Wait until he is 18-19 and actually playing on a college team before you call him a prick. You know, like we do our own players. :)

Last edited:
Take ole Lageer for instance, he's trying to be apart of the censorship gang. He thinks he can control what's said and not said on a message board. Truth is, he couldn't contain himself which is why he originally took my comment and started an entire cause about it.

I didn't see his comments as trying to be part of a censorship gang. If you were going to be censored....the Mods would have taken care of that. They didn't. You're not.

I simply saw his comments as saying "Please take a more adult approach in talking about a 17-18 year old kid".

Wait until he is 18-19 and actually playing on a college team before you call him a prick. You know, like we do own players. :)

LOL exactly :mf_surrender:

AGREED

Bottom line is there is really no benefit the UT team or university receives when a poster bashes one of these kids or our current players. The only good is that the poster gets personal satisfaction because he feels funny, cool, vindicated, tough, etc. IMO this is simply selfish

However there is potential harm you can do to our recruiting efforts by spitting venom....

If you can tell me what good you provide to UT by roasting these kids I'm all ears...

and for the record the no bashing policy has slightly different rules when it comes to coaches, but tact and focus on the good results for the UT FAMILY should apply here also

Reactions: 3 people
AGREED

Bottom line is there is really no benefit the UT team or university receives when a poster bashes one of these kids or our current players. The only good is that the poster gets personal satisfaction because he feels funny, cool, vindicated, tough, etc. IMO this is simply selfish

However there is potential harm you can do to our recruiting efforts by spitting venom....

If you can tell me what good you provide to UT by roasting these kids I'm all ears...

and for the record the no bashing policy has slightly different rules when it comes to coaches, but tact and focus on the good results for the UT FAMILY should apply here also

Rock star post, my friend. :good!:

AGREED

I'm all for not bashing these kids. They have the freedom to choose whichever school they feel will be the best for them. I am, however, in favor of ignoring them. If they have no interest in the VOLS, I have no interest in them. That being said, why is this thread continually at the top of the recruiting forum? This thread should fall into the abyss with the Humphries, Peters, Santos, and countless others that chose the enemy. JMO TIFWIW

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back