'13 SC DL Jaylen Miller (UT signee)

Told 247 that he's down to around 245lbs from 270lbs during his senior season. Said he's been following UT's workout plan everyday, and he's been dieting. He feels quicker, and he plans to make an impact at DE as a freshman. Apparently Stripling said that he does NOT plan to redshirt Jaylen.

Reactions: 5 people
Told 247 that he's down to around 245lbs from 270lbs during his senior season. Said he's been following UT's workout plan everyday, and he's been dieting. He feels quicker, and he plans to make an impact at DE as a freshman. Apparently Stripling said that he does NOT plan to redshirt Jaylen.

That's impressive

Great news. I really think our D-Line is going to be a position of strength for us this year.

I think all the offseason hand wringing on whether we can generate a "consistent pass rush" is similar to the hand wringing last year on whether we could run the football. It is warranted, given our recent track record. But I also think we have the pieces and coaches to turn it around, in much the same way that Pittman/Graham turned around the running game last year.

Reactions: 1 person
This is what I was hoping! He has big-time potential at end. Put up ridiculous stats this year. Hope he proves how big a steal he really was.

I've read multiple reports, will try to post a little later, where Miller was considered to be an instant pass rush help to this defense. I can only think that him losing this weight will only help him in this matter.

Btw, if we can establish a filthy D-Line that keeps opposing quarterbacks consistently off balance, my perceptions of our potential this season may change. I'm still thinking 6-6, but if this D-Line takes some big strides, we could do better.

Btw, if we can establish a filthy D-Line that keeps opposing quarterbacks consistently off balance, my perceptions of our potential this season may change. I'm still thinking 6-6, but if this D-Line takes some big strides, we could do better.

Yep. It will also make our DB's look better than they are. Which we need desperately this fall.

Correction: we will get an accurate view of how good our db's are. No group of Vols has been more unfairly judged over the last few years.

Reactions: 2 people
Miller, Vereen, and LaTroy Lewis may be the 3 best pass rushers we have on the roster...all Freshmen.

Don't be surprised to see Maggit in the LEO some too. He's been under utilized here, and when he's healthy he could be a great pass rusher in the LEO IMHO. With Brewer and Sapp both being able to play OLB we have the depth, when healthy, to move some guys around like Maggit to fully utilized all their skill sets.

Don't be surprised to see Maggit in the LEO some too. He's been under utilized here, and when he's healthy he could be a great pass rusher in the LEO IMHO. With Brewer and Sapp both being able to play OLB we have the depth, when healthy, to move some guys around like Maggit to fully utilized all their skill sets.

I just hope Maggit is healthy come time for Fall practice to start. I agree that his potential is off the charts, but he hasn't been put in a postion to excel in a pass rushing role to this point in his career. Hopefully we've coaches now who can put him in the right spots.

I just hope Maggit is healthy come time for Fall practice to start. I agree that his potential is off the charts, but he hasn't been put in a postion to excel in a pass rushing role to this point in his career. Hopefully we've coaches now who can put him in the right spots.

I've gone back and rewatched various games from last season on ESPN3. I'm no talent evaluator, but a healthy Maggit really jumps off the screen to me. He was all over the field early on in the NC State game and again in the Missouri game. To the best of my recollection, those were the games he was the most healthy.

He's going to be an animal if they get him back to 100% healthwise. He arguably could be the best defensive player we have.

Maggitt looked scary good in that nc state game. His closing speed was impressive.

Hope we can see that version of Curt back this fall.

Maggitt looked scary good in that nc state game. His closing speed was impressive.

Hope we can see that version of Curt back this fall.

Wouldn't mind seeing Maggitt come off of the end more, especially in obvious passing down situations. I think him and LaTroy Lewis can provide the necessary disruption needed to cause havoc on the QB. Moving back to the 4-3 is really going to help our defense.

VN Store

Back