'13 PA WR Tyler Boyd

Just watched his rivals video from yesterday with Farrell. Sounds like he's all but locked up for Pitt. Would be a big recruiting coup for CBJ to land this kid. He said he might be announcing at the game this weekend, if not, he'll take his other 4 OV's, including one to UT.

From Rivals:

Boyd's recruiting has follow his season trajectory. He has yet to commit on which school will receive his services in the future.
He said if he had to pick this week it would be Pittsburgh, but added that Tennessee and West Virginia were heavily in the mix. Rutgers has been recruiting him hard and Penn State was mentioned as well.

"Heavily in the mix" is a good place to be coming out of the dead period. Hopefully this staff can work some magic and flip him to us.

Seems like Pitt is tearing it up this year.. Must have some coaches up there slinging hot sauce like crazy.

Seems like Pitt is tearing it up this year.. Must have some coaches up there slinging hot sauce like crazy.

Taking advantage of PSU's situation also. I'd like to have this kid, but it sounds like he wants to stay closer to home. Pitt has also produced its share of NFL Wr's, so we can't sell the WRU thing as well either.

Penn State is down and there is a natural allure to Pitt for western PA kids.

Lived there this past summer. It's a big city with a small town feeling. I really enjoyed it.

Penn State is down and there is a natural allure to Pitt for western PA kids.

Lived there this past summer. It's a big city with a small town feeling. I really enjoyed it.

I hate pitt games. Use a pro stadium off campus and gamedays r boring. Used to have season tix. I know that pburgh kids are pretty loyal though. But I also knew lots over the years (pa players) who won't even consider pitt.

I hate pitt games. Use a pro stadium off campus and gamedays r boring. Used to have season tix. I know that pburgh kids are pretty loyal though. But I also knew lots over the years (pa players) who won't even consider pitt.

Pitt games are lame. They need their own, smaller stadium again.

Just spoke to Tyler Boyd's coach and he said they are expecting coach Jones, coach Azzanni and coach Mahoney all up there tomorrow as the Vols try and push for an official visit this weekend. We'll hopefully try and catch up with him tomorrow after they talk.

-Fortenberry

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back