'13 OH TE A.J. Branisel (UT signee)

“Hopefully everything works out (with Tennessee). It does look like they need some tight ends in the class. I could help them if they need me, so I’m just waiting for a call.”
-From 247 article

Do you really want that avatar associated with you!?
How can you stand to see him every time you post!? :):)

With his recruitment open again, NDCL tight end A.J. Branisel is in no rush to make the right decision.

Branisel (6-foot-4, 210 pounds) recently decommitted from Cincinnati after former coach Butch Jones left the Bearcats to take the coaching vacancy at Tennessee.

Since then, Branisel's phone has rung off the hook. But he is taking his time and said there is no front-runner right now.

"I'm keeping my options open," said Branisel on Friday night. "The coaching change at Cincinnati has given me a second chance to look at things. I'm looking at all my options. No school is out of the running."

That includes the Bearcats, now under the direction of Tommy Tuberville. Branisel said he has a plethora of offers from the Mid-American Conference, one from Missouri and has been in contact with West Virginia, though the Mountaineers have not offered a scholarship.

"They run with mostly receivers, but they usually have a bigger one in the middle of the field," Branisel said of Coach Dana Holgerson's offense at WVU.

National signing day is in early February, but Branisel isn't antsy to make a quick choice.

"I'm not frustrated or nervous," he said. "Everything will work out."

Local newspaper

"Branisel recently decommitted from Cincinnati after Jones and his staff left for Tennessee and has told Volquest.com he's very interested in the Vols now that they are in Knoxville. But, with Jackson in the fold and the Vols looking to take a juco tight end, is there room for another high school tight end?
Official visit date: TBD
Other teams in the mix: Cincinnati"

- VQ

Reactions: 1 person
I would rather have this kid at TE and C.Jackson at DE. TN needs a passrusher with athleticism like Jackson's and a playmake at TE like Bransiel.

I assume we're only taking 2 TEs. Will Jackson look around?...or will we tell the JUCO TE targets to look elsewhere?

Good pickup at a need position. Think it says a lot about Jones that these kids are willing to follow him to UT.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back