'13 MS S Antonio Connor

One of the early five-star prospects for Scout is Antonio Conner out of Batesville (MS) South Panola and he lined up at quarterback, running back, wide receiver, safety, and as a return man on special teams in 2011. Scout really likes the the 6-foot-1, 205 pound athlete as a safety. He has excellent speed, he is a physical player, and he is one of the top juniors in the country.Conner has a long list of offers from schools such as Florida State, LSU, Miami, Notre Dame, Ole Miss, Oregon, and Tennessee.

Scout

One of the top safeties in the country. Getting him along with Bell would be an amazing safety haul for this class.

Miles and Bell wud be just fine. Not losing any sleep over this kid. He's OM or MSU bound with Saban a possibility. We need to get Bell and hold on to Miles IMO..MUCH BETTER CHANCE OF THAT HAPPENING THAN CONNER BECOMING A VOL.

One of the top safeties in the country. Getting him along with Bell would be an amazing safety haul for this class.

U know we have Cam Miles committed, right? Gotta include him..

Miles and Bell wud be just fine. Not losing any sleep over this kid. He's OM or MSU bound with Saban a possibility. We need to get Bell and hold on to Miles IMO..MUCH BETTER CHANCE OF THAT HAPPENING THAN CONNER BECOMING A VOL.

Agreed

Latest report say it is a Ole Miss/UA battle but getting a kid from SPHS away from Ole Miss is very seldom done.

Yup. This post sums it up well. I've stated for a while that it's going to be tough to pull anyone from South Panola. That's Ole Miss feeding ground.

Doesn't Trae want a shot at WR? They lost Brassell, so I wouldn't be surprised if he got that shot.

Ya, I like Elston. With Connor that would be a decent secondary for Ole Miss. Might help them steal a game or two.

Latest report say it is a Ole Miss/UA battle but getting a kid from SPHS away from Ole Miss is very seldom done.

We are hearing it is(currently) a Bama/State battle, with a slight Bama lean. This is a quiet kid that is all about handling business and shying away from the spotlight. The less we hear and the longer it goes, the more likely he isn't going to OM IMO. People are assuming that South Panola kids go to OM based on the previous staff's relationships. The new staff @ OM has started out with a strained relationship with the SP coaches...

As far as getting prospects out of there, times seem to be changing...
Deon Mix - Yahoo! Sports

It's not so much the staff at Ole Miss as it is the school of South Panola and the Ole Miss influences. You do realize that Ole Miss alums and fans swarm that area, correct?

It's not so much the staff at Ole Miss as it is the school of South Panola and the Ole Miss influences. You do realize that Ole Miss alums and fans swarm that area, correct?

Batesville is 25 mi from Oxford. Yes, I'm well aware of the influences there. Know all about the "motivation" those kids have to go to OM, etc. I'm just saying that that the situation is different currently than it has been in the past, and I'll be happy to PM exactly why, but I won't be posting it in an open forum...

Tony has an older brother named David Conner, who is a JUCO AA LB @ Northwest Ms CC in Senatobia(35 mi north of Batesville). He shunned OM and signed with Auburn out of highschool(in the Houston Nutt famous class of 37) before failing to qualify. Just one example of precedent surrounding this kid that says he is absolutely NOT a lock to go to OM...

Batesville is 25 mi from Oxford. Yes, I'm well aware of the influences there. Know all about the "motivation" those kids have to go to OM, etc. I'm just saying that that the situation is different currently than it has been in the past, and I'll be happy to PM exactly why, but I won't be posting it in an open forum...

Tony has an older brother named David Conner, who is a JUCO AA LB @ Northwest Ms CC in Senatobia(35 mi north of Batesville). He shunned OM and signed with Auburn out of highschool(in the Houston Nutt famous class of 37) before failing to qualify. Just one example of precedent surrounding this kid that says he is absolutely NOT a lock to go to OM...

Thanks for the info. Sadly, PMs have been removed from the board because I would like to know what you know. I'm around tons of Ole Miss, a few MSU, people given my profession. I know and hear about recruiting MS HS, especially in this area. It's crazy, and I think it's some of the shadiest in the country. It definitely stays behind closed doors.

We are hearing it is(currently) a Bama/State battle, with a slight Bama lean. This is a quiet kid that is all about handling business and shying away from the spotlight. The less we hear and the longer it goes, the more likely he isn't going to OM IMO. People are assuming that South Panola kids go to OM based on the previous staff's relationships. The new staff @ OM has started out with a strained relationship with the SP coaches...

As far as getting prospects out of there, times seem to be changing...
Deon Mix - Yahoo! Sports

I like what you are hearing.:salute:

Plus the one thing that I have read that is different for Conner vs a lot of kids out of SPHS in the past his grades are not an issue and he will qualify hands down.

Best athlete I've seen in a while. Just a football player. Wouldn't mind seeing him stay in-state. Best safety in the country period.

I'm saying Ole Miss just because their jerseys are similar...:)

Rumor has always been that they get a bunch of OM equipment hand-me-downs...

No idea how true that is, but it is pretty remarkable how similar they are isn't it? :)

And on grades, I've been told that Conner has above a 3.0 and already has a qualifying ACT score. It is zero concern on him...

Last edited:
Any word on this guy??? Would be a shame for a guy as talented as him to waste away in state but if that means not going to Bama waste away my friend....

Yea that would not be good... I'm guessing he isn't taking a hard look at us but have you heard anything on him Breaker?

VN Store

Back