'13 HI DT Scott Pagano

Something is going on shady there. There's no way they pull all of these guys without some shadiness. Just doesn't make sense. I'm ok with it cuz we weren't in the mix with any of them.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

RN we were but UA was never in the mix for SP even if he had us listed.

Pagano was there for his last visit after naming UF and LSU his leader then he pushed up his date to commit...this one had Clemson written on it since this morning. I think his grandparents live in SC or NC so that may have helped them also. Clemson will win a NSD with their next HC with all the talent Dabo is getting. Very Zook-ish.

Pagano was there for his last visit after naming UF and LSU his leader then he pushed up his date to commit...this one had Clemson written on it since this morning. I think his grandparents live in SC or NC so that may have helped them also. Clemson will win a NSD with their next HC with all the talent Dabo is getting. Very Zook-ish.

that is exactly what will happen.. he is getting some terrific talent, but he is an average coach.. i just hate all this talent they are getting.. we have a home and home with them in 2013/2014..

Something is going on shady there. There's no way they pull all of these guys without some shadiness. Just doesn't make sense. I'm ok with it cuz we weren't in the mix with any of them.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

WOW! SMU all over again!

On the visit to Clemson, the nation's No. 6 defensive tackle will be accompanied by several relatives.

"My uncle Tim, aunt Lori and cousins Brit and Lexi ... all live in Greenville," Pagano said. "They'll all be coming along. They all went to Clemson for school."

The family has delivered a specific message to Hawaii's top recruit for the 2013 class about their alma mater.

"They tell me it's a great environment," Pagano said. "They said Clemson has the top education in the country, great academics. That's what it comes down to."

This from June. The only family the kid has in the mainland I believe.

This is a huge surprise and get for Clemson. I am officially done underestimating Dabo when he gets these kids on campus. Apparently he made the trip up for the
cookout Friday, and came back Sat and Sun, which was apparently not in his original plans. On Sunday he commited, which I guess is why he moved up his announcement. He does have family in the Upstate of SC, and I think they are only like 30 mins away from Clemson. I'm sure that didn't hurt Clemson's case.

Interesting after his comments about RN. Here is what he said following today's announcement.

"To have a guy like RN playing on my side is going to be great. I know we are going to talk about it and hit it off right away."

This is a huge surprise and get for Clemson. I am officially done underestimating Dabo when he gets these kids on campus. Apparently he made the trip up for the
cookout Friday, and came back Sat and Sun, which was apparently not in his original plans. On Sunday he commited, which I guess is why he moved up his announcement. He does have family in the Upstate of SC, and I think they are only like 30 mins away from Clemson. I'm sure that didn't hurt Clemson's case.

Interesting after his comments about RN. Here is what he said following today's announcement.

"To have a guy like RN playing on my side is going to be great. I know we are going to talk about it and hit it off right away."

Solid until Saban shows up in his Sunday's best

Reactions: 1 person
This is a huge surprise and get for Clemson. I am officially done underestimating Dabo when he gets these kids on campus and opens up the money bags. Apparently he made the trip up for the
cookout Friday, and came back Sat and Sun, which was apparently not in his original plans. On Sunday he got paid and commited, which I guess is why he moved up his announcement. He does have family in the Upstate of SC, and I think they are only like 30 mins away from Clemson. I'm sure that didn't hurt Clemson's case.

fyp

Why is Clemson the one school everyone always says pays their players...I am sure other schools say the same thing about TN when we land a good player.

Clemson has a lot of selling point to it that the top SEC schools have besides being in the SEC itself. If a kid doesn't care about being in the SEC it seems like to me their two top choices would be FSU or Clemson. Makes sense they get good players, IMO.

"My uncle Tim, aunt Lori and cousins Brit and Lexi ... all live in Greenville," Pagano said. "They'll all be coming along. They all went to Clemson for school."

different "tim" if any of you were wondering.

Reactions: 1 person
Leaving Clemson as a Grad Transfer. We offered back in the day. Maybe Hoke can get his hooks on him.

We could use some immediate contributors at DT, so I'll allow it.

Why is Clemson the one school everyone always says pays their players...I am sure other schools say the same thing about TN when we land a good player.

Clemson has a lot of selling point to it that the top SEC schools have besides being in the SEC itself. If a kid doesn't care about being in the SEC it seems like to me their two top choices would be FSU or Clemson. Makes sense they get good players, IMO.

Just wondering if you've changed your opinion regarding bag men for Clemson.

I think that he is listed at 6'3" 295.

Last year, he played 10 games, 20 total tackles 4.5 TFL, 2 sacks.

He could likely contribute some depth if we are interested.

Would be nice, but it would be tricky to make room under the 85 cap. We are still at 89 right now.

I'll be shocked if we don't lose 5 by fall camp

Andrew Butcher is still listed on the roster and I believe he will be going on a medical hardship scholarship. So, unfortunately, there's one.

Beginning to think JG wins the QB spot. There's two slots when Dormady and Jones transfer.

Reactions: 2 people
i don't know if Jones would transfer a second time. change position sure, but transferring just doesn't seem to fit.

i don't know if Jones would transfer a second time. change position sure, but transferring just doesn't seem to fit.

I think he's a talented QB and I think he would agree. I don't get the "second time" transfer thing. He didn't really transfer. They let him out of it and he returned because he felt he had given up too soon on competing for a starting spot...IMO. If he returned for that reason and it doesn't work out, the natural decision is to transfer where he can start...it fits.

Edit: I've seen the changing position theory posted several times on here. If he were to make that change, our QB situation is no better after a Dormady transfer. You're still down to JG,Jancek and McBride. :hmm:

Last edited:

VN Store

Back