13' GA S Vonn Bell (Ohio State signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May not be pretty the first year. We'll see what we look like against NC State and UF.

I'm a bit optimistic because of certain recruits and current players. AJ and Maggitt showed they could come in and learn a scheme fast last year so I'm not worried about those two. Lathers and C.Harris should be able to pick it up too. McCullers shouldn't have to learn a whole whole lot as a NG. Sentimore has already played in this style of system before so he should be fine. Couch, jordan Williams, Carson, Saulsberry, Dan Hood and Trent Taylor should do an alright job in this system first year. Now the secondary will be the question. They'll have to get used to playing faster, more aggressive, and a lot more physical. I want to see who does what on defense in the secondary. Coleman, BMoore, Tino, Waggner, Randolph, Orta, and E.Gordon need to step up for us in spring. Come fall I think we've got two freshman DBs that'll play in McNeil and Bonner(they're too good to keep off the field). We'll see what happens I don't think it'll be as bad as I thought it would be if we didn't get those two juco linemen.

I'm a bit optimistic because of certain recruits and current players. AJ and Maggitt showed they could come in and learn a scheme fast last year so I'm not worried about those two. Lathers and C.Harris should be able to pick it up too. McCullers shouldn't have to learn a whole whole lot as a NG. Sentimore has already played in this style of system before so he should be fine. Couch, jordan Williams, Carson, Saulsberry, Dan Hood and Trent Taylor should do an alright job in this system first year. Now the secondary will be the question. They'll have to get used to playing faster, more aggressive, and a lot more physical. I want to see who does what on defense in the secondary. Coleman, BMoore, Tino, Waggner, Randolph, Orta, and E.Gordon need to step up for us in spring. Come fall I think we've got two freshman DBs that'll play in McNeil and Bonner(they're too good to keep off the field). We'll see what happens I don't think it'll be as bad as I thought it would be if we didn't get those two juco linemen.

i think this may work out for eric gorden very well.

i think this may work out for eric gorden very well.

Gordon needs to be ready to blitz a lot. He's J.Arenas all over at CB. Gordon is great in run support and short area coverage. He can't turn and run with too many guys but I'm pretty sure Sunseri and Ansley know this. He'll be more than fine in this system because he'll be allowed to play to his strengths.

I think there's concern any time you install a new offense or defense (although I think a new defense is easier). Going from the 4-3 to the 3-4 is a major change. And we have an unproven D-coordinator. I think eventually our defense will be good, I just don't have high expectations for year 1.

In terms of personnel, I am more concerned about the 2-deep at LB. I realize that many of our DEs will take on a hybrid role. It will be interesting to see how J. Smith et. al respond to the new system.

I think there's concern any time you install a new offense or defense (although I think a new defense is easier). Going from the 4-3 to the 3-4 is a major change. And we have an unproven D-coordinator. I think eventually our defense will be good, I just don't have high expectations for year 1.

In terms of personnel, I am more concerned about the 2-deep at LB. I realize that many of our DEs will take on a hybrid role. It will be interesting to see how J. Smith et. al respond to the new system.

I'm more worried about ILB. But I did see Bama win with Corey Reamer and #32 Enders. Those two guys were trash. And Sunseri made them SEC players. I also watched Nick Reveiz play for us(fxcking ridiculous we sunk that low) and produce in this league. So I think Sunseri can get Harris(forgotten man) and Propst to play decent.

The sad thing is that people will believe it too.

I can see the AJC headline now,
"Dooley and the Vols come in and take a 5* prospect from UGA's own back yard." The overreactions will be fun to see.

N.Ga might not be UGA's backyard, but it is definitely more UGA and Alabama than Tennessee.

The sad thing is that people will believe it too.

I can see the AJC headline now,
"Dooley and the Vols come in and take a 5* prospect from UGA's own back yard." The overreactions will be fun to see.

Kinda like schools that pulls a player from Memphis saying it was "from UT's back yard".

Reactions: 1 person
I'm more worried about ILB. But I did see Bama win with Corey Reamer and #32 Enders. Those two guys were trash. And Sunseri made them SEC players. I also watched Nick Reveiz play for us(fxcking ridiculous we sunk that low) and produce in this league. So I think Sunseri can get Harris(forgotten man) and Propst to play decent.

Apparently Greg King is healthy now and has really been impressive so far in the spring. Pretty sure I saw that he's in the 230 - 240 range. I had pretty much written him off, but if he could stay healthy he might be an unexpected boost to our ILBs.

Apparently Greg King is healthy now and has really been impressive so far in the spring. Pretty sure I saw that he's in the 230 - 240 range. I had pretty much written him off, but if he could stay healthy he might be an unexpected boost to our ILBs.

Think I posted this is another thread. He's an SEC level LB but he can't seem to stay healthy.

Think I posted this is another thread. He's an SEC level LB but he can't seem to stay healthy.

Yeah, you definitely can't count on him to stay healthy through even a good portion of the season. Hopefully he can turn it around some this year.

So what's the deal here? Wasn't he the guy who was a lifelong UT fan and wanted to commit on the spot when an offer came?

The deal is he's getting offers from every major school in America. And we're not winning. I can bet negative recruiting is hurting us with the bigtime players.

Reactions: 2 people
The deal is we have all new defensive coaches that he just needs to get comfortable with. Nothing more nothing less. It'll be over with this summer hopefully.

Reactions: 1 person
The deal is he's getting offers from every major school in America. And we're not winning. I can bet negative recruiting is hurting us with the bigtime players.

Exactly. Vonn isn't just a really good safety that loved the Vols diehard growing up...

He is very possibly the top safety in the country getting offers from literally EVERYBODY and has his choice of any and every school in the nation to go to. He doesn't have "Eric Berry"-type ties to UT either. Just was a fan growing up.

If the Vols were winning like '98, this is a done deal already. As things stand, UT will be in this one till the end, but if I bled that godawful shade of orange, I would try not to get my hopes up too high and be too devastated if he goes somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back