13' GA S Vonn Bell (Ohio State signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDyRd.gif

Reactions: 4 people
FWIW Vonn Bell has a better quality offer list than Ladarrell McNeil ATP.

Bell has an offer from Texas & he is from Tennessee but McNeil never got one & he is from that state. IMO Bell will be a top 50 player & top 5 Saftey.

FWIW hearing from the Georgia end that Tennessee is in fact in the driver seat for Bell. UGA is going after him hard but it is looking like he is UT and could pull the trigger soon. Congrats. By the way not sure how soon but they seem to think he is close.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
FWIW Vonn Bell has a better quality offer list than Ladarrell McNeil ATP.

Bell has an offer from Texas & he is from Tennessee but McNeil never got one & he is from that state. IMO Bell will be a top 50 player & top 5 Saftey.

Last year's safety class was better than this one. May have been a reason.

FWIW hearing from the Georgia end that Tennessee is in fact in the driver seat for Bell. UGA is going after him hard but it is looking like he is UT and could pull the trigger soon. Congrats. By the way not sure how soon but they seem to think he is close.

Preciate the info

I'm not sure if he will this weekend. Probably not. But he did say he is planning on making his decision before his senior season so I'd expect him to commit fairly soon.

And I think Bell will definitely end up ranked a Top-5 Safety. He has a elite offer list right now.

I'm not sure if he will this weekend. Probably not. But he did say he is planning on making his decision before his senior season so I'd expect him to commit fairly soon.

And I think Bell will definitely end up ranked a Top-5 Safety. He has a elite offer list right now.

If you let him commit to UA he will be ranked the #1 safety in the country and than he can flip to UT. 8)

I would not be surprised if he commits this weekend and think the staff will push for it. It would huge for the class this early to have onboard. Plus like I said in another thread everyone knows he will end up at UT.

If you let him commit to UA he will be ranked the #1 safety in the country and than he can flip to UT. 8)

I would not be surprised if he commits this weekend and think the staff will push for it. It would huge for the class this early to have onboard. Plus like I said in another thread everyone knows he will end up at UT.

Having guys like Vonn Bell and Mac. Alexander committed would send a message to the recruits about UT football.

SN:TW don't you have enough verbals right now. Hahaha

Having guys like Vonn Bell and Mac. Alexander committed would send a message to the recruits about UT football.

SN:TW don't you have enough verbals right now. Hahaha

+1. Getting both in the fold together would be huge. Those are two huge names nationally and both are likely to end up National Top 30 type guys. It would definitely send a message to other recruits out there.

Also, getting McNeil and Bell in back to back classes would be absolutely awesome. From a talent standpoint that has to be up there with Berry and Janzen in 2009.

Reactions: 1 person
+1. Getting both in the fold together would be huge. Those are two huge names nationally and both are likely to end up National Top 30 type guys. It would definitely send a message to other recruits out there.

Also, getting McNeil and Bell in back to back classes would be absolutely awesome. From a talent standpoint that has to be up there with Berry and Janzen in 2009.

Getting Deion Bonner and Mac Alexander is just as big. Don't remember a set of CBs with that much talent lining up opposite of each other for us.

Reactions: 2 people
Absolutely. And hopefully adding Kelly to that in '14.

I also think if Mac. Alexander sees another big time player on his level that will basically have his back in the secondary it'll help firm up his commitment more. He'll know we are bringing in talent on the level of Bama to an extent.

I also think if Mac. Alexander sees another big time player on his level that will basically have his back in the secondary it'll help firm up his commitment more. He'll know we are bringing in talent on the level of Bama to an extent.

No doubt. I think getting him could be a huge factor in us keeping Alexander in the fold.

UT has never had a problem with recruiting and landing elite Safety prospects since I have been following recruiting. Year in and year out UT always lands a top guy. The problem UT has had is keeping these players in school. I looked this up from Rivals:

UT Safety Recruits
2012: 4* LaDarrell McNeil
2011: 4* Patrick Martin & 3* Brian Randolph
2010: 4* Eddrick Lofton
2009: 5* Janzen Jackson & 4* Darren Myles Jr.
2008: 3* Prentiss Waggner
2007: 5* Eric Berry
2006: Nobody Worth Mentioning.
2005: 5* Demetrice Morley
2004: 4* Jonathan Heffney

That is some serious talent accumulation for one position right there. All 4*s or 5*s except I added 3* Brian Randolph and 3* Prentiss Waggner because they have performed above their rating thus far and everybody knows Randolph being rated a 3* was a joke anyway.

Sadly Patrick Martin left before the 2011 season, Eddrick Lofton could never make it past the NCAA clearinghouse, Janzen Jackson had multiple run-ins with the law and was kicked off, Darren Myles Jr. was kicked off for the Bar Knox incident, and Demetrice Morley was twice dismissed from the UT football team.

That is alot of talent that never got to reach it's full potential right there. I am especially upset that UT fans didn't get to see Janzen, Morley, and Myles Jr. finish out their career. They were all All-SEC type performers and would have been special.

At least UT can look up to the fact Eric Berry, Heffney, and hopefully Randolph and McNeil finished their full careers as Vols.

UT has never had a problem with recruiting and landing elite Safety prospects since I have been following recruiting. Year in and year out UT always lands a top guy. The problem UT has had is keeping these players in school. I looked this up from Rivals:

UT Safety Recruits
2012: 4* LaDarrell McNeil
2011: 4* Patrick Martin & 3* Brian Randolph
2010: 4* Eddrick Lofton
2009: 5* Janzen Jackson & 4* Darren Myles Jr.
2008: 3* Prentiss Waggner
2007: 5* Eric Berry
2006: Nobody Worth Mentioning.
2005: 5* Demetrice Morley
2004: 4* Jonathan Heffney

That is some serious talent accumulation for one position right there. All 4*s or 5*s except I added 3* Brian Randolph and 3* Prentiss Waggner because they have performed above their rating thus far and everybody knows Randolph being rated a 3* was a joke anyway.

Sadly Patrick Martin left before the 2011 season, Eddrick Lofton could never make it past the NCAA clearinghouse, Janzen Jackson had multiple run-ins with the law and was kicked off, Darren Myles Jr. was kicked off for the Bar Knox incident, and Demetrice Morley was twice dismissed from the UT football team.

That is alot of talent that never got to reach it's full potential right there. I am especially upset that UT fans didn't get to see Janzen, Morley, and Myles Jr. finish out their career. They were all All-SEC type performers and would have been special.

At least UT can look up to the fact Eric Berry, Heffney, and hopefully Randolph and McNeil finished their full careers as Vols.

Pat Martin was overrated like hell. Janzen and Myles Jr. were going to be hell as a tandem. Hate we lost Ahmad Dixon to Baylor he would've been a fun one to watch in Orange this year as a junior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back