13' GA S Vonn Bell (Ohio State signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we start winning we'll get the big names committed early and recruiting for us. Hell we already have 3 guys committed in the Rivals 250. and the 4th probably will be eventually. The future of our program lies very heavily on our production on the field this year. At least the near future of our program. Just relax a little bit guys we have a great start to this 2013 class.

You want vfl before they even know what school they really want to attend.

This is pretty crazy.

So Marlin Lane isnt a VFL

Reactions: 1 person
Just one question, and I know there is a few exceptions (Including myself, as I would sign with UT my freshman year if they recruited me for any sport.)

Why would any recruit that is being recruited by Bama.. USCjr.. FSU.. Texas.. and these winning programs right now, want to commit to us RIGHT NOW? I'm not talking about after this year, or after next year. I'm talking about after this 5-7 season, we get a good class, but we still want the early commits for 2013. These kids last seen UT going 5-7, barely handling Candy, and losing to Kensucky. Tennessee needs to go out and whoop some a** on the field this year, then the early commits will roll in. Yeah, we have Alexander right now.. and all that. I'm just saying most kids don't want to end their recruitment to commit to UT when the last they saw was 5-7. What if Dooley resigns and we hire a high school coach?

I'm not being a Nega-Vol as I would LOVE to see every recruit we go after commit on the spot of the offer. It's just logical reasoning, we have to show them that UT is the best place for them. How much better our facilities are compared to other schools, and how after the 2012 season, we will be competing. They want to see that.

This is pretty crazy.

I doubt Marlin Lane grew up a Vol fan

According to Bells entourage, he is VFL, grew up a Vol fan and all he was waiting on was a Vol offer

Just one question, and I know there is a few exceptions (Including myself, as I would sign with UT my freshman year if they recruited me for any sport.)

Why would any recruit that is being recruited by Bama.. USCjr.. FSU.. Texas.. and these winning programs right now, want to commit to us RIGHT NOW? I'm not talking about after this year, or after next year. I'm talking about after this 5-7 season, we get a good class, but we still want the early commits for 2013. These kids last seen UT going 5-7, barely handling Candy, and losing to Kensucky. Tennessee needs to go out and whoop some a** on the field this year, then the early commits will roll in. Yeah, we have Alexander right now.. and all that. I'm just saying most kids don't want to end their recruitment to commit to UT when the last they saw was 5-7. What if Dooley resigns and we hire a high school coach?

I'm not being a Nega-Vol as I would LOVE to see every recruit we go after commit on the spot of the offer. It's just logical reasoning, we have to show them that UT is the best place for them. How much better our facilities are compared to other schools, and how after the 2012 season, we will be competing. They want to see that.

I agree with what your saying. I have no issue at all with recruits weighing their options and considering what place is best for them. Only time I have an issue with it is when a kid "per his posse on here" is all VOL or is said to be a VFL and still wants to play the game and in some ways, make UT look bad to the media. I think the article where he and his coach said UT would not return calls and was ignoring him did not point to him being VFL at all. Maybe his crew he sent out to fight the good fight for him was just full of it and had no idea what they were talking about. This thread is a good example though of fans saying the kid is a "lock" and everything he says points to that not being the case at all.

I doubt Marlin Lane grew up a Vol fan

According to Bells entourage, he is VFL, grew up a Vol fan and all he was waiting on was a Vol offer

Marlin Lane is a Vol for only 1 reason. Clemson pulled his offer. All things point to Bell's crew having no clue.

Jelks was a lock wasn't he? Season ticket holders, alot of upside, VFL just waiting to be allowed to commit and a sure thing when DJ picked UF. Uhh, maybe not.

This is pretty crazy.

Or Curt Maggitt, Tyler Bray, Justin Hunter, Da'Rick Rogers, AJ Johnson, Brian Randolph(who wanted to go to Georgia), Cam Clear, Antonio Richardson, Marcus Jackson, Jawuan James, Darrington Sentimore. Who else among our best players aren't VFL? Let's not bring our current class up.

Guess we would be stuck with Zach Rogers, Carson Anderson, and Devrin Young. Sounds like a winner. Got to be kidding me.

Marlin Lane is a Vol for only 1 reason. Clemson pulled his offer. All things point to Bell's crew having no clue.

Jelks was a lock wasn't he? Season ticket holders, alot of upside, VFL just waiting to be allowed to commit and a sure thing when DJ picked UF. Uhh, maybe not.

You're so out there it's crazy dude.

SIAP, but Von Bell has stated that he is planning on making his college decision before his senior season. Per Rivals. Luckily, Vol fans won't have to hold their breath all the way until NSD for this one.

Every post I've seen by you has been negative. Just sayin.

Wow y'all sound like a bunch of girls. God forbid Bell takes his time and weighs all his options before he commits anywhere. It's not like it's one of biggest decisions he will have made up to this point is his life or anything... SMH.

Reactions: 2 people
Wow y'all sound like a bunch of girls. God forbid Bell takes his time and weighs all his options before he commits anywhere. It's not like it's one of biggest decisions he will have made up to this point is his life or anything... SMH.

well said. this will be one of his most important decisions of his life so he needs to take as much time as he needs to make the right decision. i don't see any reason to find fault with how vonn bell is handling his recruitment where ever he goes to school.

This is great news!! Let's hope that he commits early in the day, and gets the ball rolling so that we can have a huge weekend. A talent like him starting off the weekend with a big commitment could allow us to have a great weekend of commitments, like Florida and Michigan did a couple of weeks ago.

This is great news!! Let's hope that he commits early in the day, and gets the ball rolling so that we can have a huge weekend. A talent like him starting off the weekend with a big commitment could allow us to have a great weekend of commitments, like Florida and Michigan did a couple of weeks ago.

Just don't see it happening right now. I think he is going to engoy the process for a little while before he makes a decision.

Just don't see it happening right now. I think he is going to engoy the process for a little while before he makes a decision.

Yeah I know, but I like to dream sometimes. He can still enjoy the process while being committed to the Vols...other teams will still recruit him...Otha and Dalton said hello! I would love for him to commit and shut it down, honestly, but I know that probably won't happen.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I disagree L.mcquay i believe is a better safety.

Connor is a 5 star player period. I love L3's game he's a big-time talent but I haven't seen a monster talent as good as Connor in a while. Connor is 6'3 210-215 and he's playmaker on both sides of the ball. He's a little more physically ready to start in college right now than L3 too. Connor came to town to play Hoover and my boys that were at the game(I had something come up) said he's that dude plain and simple. Wasn't a better player in the state after he crossed the state line. That was after watching Prattville and STA play with all the talent between those two teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back