'13 GA RB Tyren Jones

BB, I'm with you. I'd like to include Tom Smith in the mix, but if he couldn't get any carries or PT with the RB core UT had last season, then I don't know if he is ever going to get out of the bottom of the depth chart.

BB, I'm with you. I'd like to include Tom Smith in the mix, but if he couldn't get any carries or PT with the RB core UT had last season, then I don't know if he is ever going to get out of the bottom of the depth chart.

He was hurt after playing good preseason then I don't know what happened. He didn't look bad in limited action. He's athletic from what I saw(hurdled a guy when he was in). I want to see what he does tis spring though.

UGA fans, why do you all feel so confident about Tyren Jones? Not questioning what you all are saying, but would like to hear or see some sort of information or quote that states UGA is the leader.

I know UGA has had the upper hand in their series with UT the last 5 years or so, but I am still blown away how other SEC schools, especially UGA, can stockpile so much talent and depth at the RB position and UT can barely field 3 RBs that are actually scholarship players. UGA will have Crowell as a sophomore and Todd Gurley and Keith Marshall as freshmen next season. Not to mention they already have Derrick Henry committed for the 2013 class. And apparently you all think Tyren Jones is going to UGA?

Meanwhile UT is hoping that Marlin Lane can recover from a previous HS injury and become ultimately healthy, that a true freshmen Bourque can be SEC ready, and that a walkon player (Toney) is ready for some carries. Not the best situation.

One of these recruiting classes there has to be a top-rated, elite RB that sees the opportunity there is at UT. A HS stud could come in right away and be the starter. The spot has been ripe for the taking ever since Hardesty graduated IMO.

I'm no UGA fan, and I have no inside info, but if you ask me what has been hurting us the most is that we've had a GA as our RB coach. With us having Jay Graham it should pick back up if you ask me. I understand that there is some flaws to this, but if you ask me it is the best scenerio that can be put out there other than "we aren't winning a lot" or "we like to throw because we got studs at WR and a pretty good QB."

And I've been wondering the same thing. Why don't the stud backs who want early playing time come here instead of UGA or Bama? They would have more than a chance to start day-1

I'm no UGA fan, and I have no inside info, but if you ask me what has been hurting us the most is that we've had a GA as our RB coach. With us having Jay Graham it should pick back up if you ask me. I understand that there is some flaws to this, but if you ask me it is the best scenerio that can be put out there other than "we aren't winning a lot" or "we like to throw because we got studs at WR and a pretty good QB."

And I've been wondering the same thing. Why don't the stud backs who want early playing time come here instead of UGA or Bama? They would have more than a chance to start day-1

It is similar question to Southern Cal and how they seem to always have 5 5* RBs in the backfield. Success (at a certain position at least) breeds more success. The lack of a true RB coach has also likely hurt UT along with their slump on the field the last few years. BMac is also a great recruiter for us, one of the best in CFB, probably.

UGA's biggest advantage here is probably that our state produces 2 or 3 elite RBs every couple of years, if not more. We are also coming into a period of recruits who watched UGA be a very good team the whole time they were growing up and starting to get into football, especially instaters.

Tyren hasn't said anything in interviews, but has many good things to say about UGA off the record. I could tell you all about insiders and people I personally know close to the situation, but I can't point to an interview or anything so far, so TFWIW.

Last edited:
At least we have a bunch of top tier RB's on our Board. Gotta hate him going to Bama though.

It is similar question to Southern Cal and how they seem to always have 5 5* RBs in the backfield. Success (at a certain position at least) breeds more success. The lack of a true RB coach has also likely hurt UT along with their slump on the field the last few years. BMac is also a great recruiter for us, one of the best in CFB, probably.

UGA's biggest advantage here is probably that our state produces 2 or 3 elite RBs every couple of years, if not more. We are also coming into a period of recruits who watched UGA be a very good team the whole time they were growing up and starting to get into football, especially instaters.

Tyren hasn't said anything in interviews, but has many good things to say about UGA off the record. I could tell you all about insiders and people I personally know close to the situation, but I can't point to an interview or anything so far, so TFWIW.
It was not worth anything. Thats why no one took you seriously to begin with.

Since signing Trent Richardson and Eddie Lacy in 2009, Bama has now signed (or committed)

NONE in 2010
Dee Hart 2011 5 star
TJ Yeldon 2012 5 star
Kenyan Drake 2012 4 star
Altee Tenpenny 2013 5star
Tyren Jones 2013 4star

Lol @ UGA.

They are getting 5-star RB recruits of their own though. Fortunately, Alabama and Georgia can only send one of 'em out at a time. Much different when you're talking WR's though. It's going to be hard to match our receiver core. I admit we definitely still need a more developed running game, however, and I expect that to happen this coming season. Add one or two big time running backs in our 2013 class, and now you're talking business.

Since signing Trent Richardson and Eddie Lacy in 2009, Bama has now signed (or committed)

NONE in 2010
Dee Hart 2011 5 star
TJ Yeldon 2012 5 star
Kenyan Drake 2012 4 star
Tyren Jones 2013 4star
Unfair

Alabamas backfield is turning into USC's from a few years ago, you'll see some of these kids transferring out in a couple years. Bama doesn't have enough footballs to get all these kids carries.

Alabamas backfield is turning into USC's from a few years ago, you'll see some of these kids transferring out in a couple years. Bama doesn't have enough footballs to get all these kids carries.

Ah, the ole' "let them recruit too much of a good thing so that they eventually transfer out" method! That Dooley! He really knows what he's doing: let Saban have 'em and then they'll all get tired of competing for carries. Then's when we come in to reap the benefits!

NONE in 2010
Dee Hart 2011 5 star
TJ Yeldon 2012 5 star
Kenyan Drake 2012 4 star
Tyren Jones 2013 4star

Tenpenny is just a 4-Star prospect, according to Rivals. I like Tyren Jones much better at RB.

Ah, the ole' "let them recruit too much of a good thing so that they eventually transfer out" method! That Dooley! He really knows what he's doing: let Saban have 'em and then they'll all get tired of competing for carries. Then's when we come in to reap the benefits!

Pulling Dye and Kamara would equal any tandem out there.

Pulling Dye and Kamara would equal any tandem out there.

Yeah, I agree with you. Those two sound promising. Dye's coming up for Junior Day, and we all know about Kamara's link to Croom. I'd say those will be our top two targets moving forward. But I'd also keep an eye out on Grayson from NC, as well as some of the Florida backs. A lot of good backs in that state this year. Probably too many for UF, FSU, and soon-to-be sanctioned Miami to handle. Also, it will be interesting to see if we try to get in the mix with the Mizzell kid out of Virginia. I think Green ends up looking elsewhere (most likely OSU), but that's just my uneducated guess.

VN Store

Back