'13 GA RB Tyren Jones

I think Tyren Jones is the best pure RB that UT is currently recruiting. He looks elite.

Wow. This kid is something special. Has that super spurt at the LOS, shows patience when he needs to. Along with his instincts he has obviously been well coached. I assume that CJG will be all over this kid.

Wow. This kid is something special. Has that super spurt at the LOS, shows patience when he needs to. Along with his instincts he has obviously been well coached. I assume that CJG will be all over this kid.

That's what she said! lol

Kid's film was more than impressive. He runs with a decent pad level, makes GREAT cuts, and doesn't shy away from taking a lick. He's gonna be a tough pull, cause I bet everyone wants him.

The kid looks like he delivers a hit on a defender as much as he recieves them. He runs strong and aggressive and UT is lacking that right now. I remember when UT had stout hard running backs that would punish defenders. We haven't had that for a while.

The kid looks like he delivers a hit on a defender as much as he recieves them. He runs strong and aggressive and UT is lacking that right now. I remember when UT had stout hard running backs that would punish defenders. We haven't had that for a while.

I agree...that's really what I was saying. I don't see this kid dancing around in the backfield and losing yards. He's goin to hit the hole, or the place where it should be, hard and pick up positive yards.

Yeah....we need this kid. Would love to have him. Gotta love those RB's that like to deliver blows instead of taking them. Where do we stand with him? Yay or "...well crap"?

I agree...that's really what I was saying. I don't see this kid dancing around in the backfield and losing yards. He's goin to hit the hole, or the place where it should be, hard and pick up positive yards.

It's his highlight video so he is supposed to look good but he fell forward eveny time when he was tackled.

It's his highlight video so he is supposed to look good but he fell forward eveny time when he was tackled.

Truth...I'm sold on this kid. That's what I'm sayin. Even though a Mac truck could have fit through some o those holes. The line looked great on some plays and awful on others. At least the result looked the same on most all of them...big yards.

I would gladly take this kid any day of the week. C'mon Dools, bring back the physical backs we saw in the 90s and early 2000s.

Tyren Jones is the best rb in the state of georgia for 2013. He is a heck of a player. We add him to Henry we are done at rb. UGA is in very good position to land TJ right now.

Yes. Especially since the back committed to UGA (for now) is Harvey, not Henry. Its a shame to come on a rival board and have them know more about your program than you do. UGA fans are the worst.

Harvey? LOLOL. that's funny man. the rest of the above is dead wrong.

Reactions: 1 person
There are a few solid backs in GA this year so the walth may be spread a little. If UGA does indeed pull Jones, Dooley needs to do his best to try to sway Dye. Either squad would be getting a top notch back.

There are a few solid backs in GA this year so the walth may be spread a little. If UGA does indeed pull Jones, Dooley needs to do his best to try to sway Dye. Either squad would be getting a top notch back.

I love Dye. 73 doesn't think UGA will take him at RB along with Jones and Henry, but I am holding out hope that we could somehow pull down that trio, as unlikely as it is, lol.

He would fit very well at UT and he is a beast, would be a GREAT pull for Dooley if he can get it done.

UGA fans, why do you all feel so confident about Tyren Jones? Not questioning what you all are saying, but would like to hear or see some sort of information or quote that states UGA is the leader.

I know UGA has had the upper hand in their series with UT the last 5 years or so, but I am still blown away how other SEC schools, especially UGA, can stockpile so much talent and depth at the RB position and UT can barely field 3 RBs that are actually scholarship players. UGA will have Crowell as a sophomore and Todd Gurley and Keith Marshall as freshmen next season. Not to mention they already have Derrick Henry committed for the 2013 class. And apparently you all think Tyren Jones is going to UGA?

Meanwhile UT is hoping that Marlin Lane can recover from a previous HS injury and become ultimately healthy, that a true freshmen Bourque can be SEC ready, and that a walkon player (Toney) is ready for some carries. Not the best situation.

One of these recruiting classes there has to be a top-rated, elite RB that sees the opportunity there is at UT. A HS stud could come in right away and be the starter. The spot has been ripe for the taking ever since Hardesty graduated IMO.

UGA fans, why do you all feel so confident about Tyren Jones? Not questioning what you all are saying, but would like to hear or see some sort of information or quote that states UGA is the leader.

I know UGA has had the upper hand in their series with UT the last 5 years or so, but I am still blown away how other SEC schools, especially UGA, can stockpile so much talent and depth at the RB position and UT can barely field 3 RBs that are actually scholarship players. UGA will have Crowell as a sophomore and Todd Gurley and Keith Marshall as freshmen next season. Not to mention they already have Derrick Henry committed for the 2013 class. And apparently you all think Tyren Jones is going to UGA?

Meanwhile UT is hoping that Marlin Lane can recover from a previous HS injury and become ultimately healthy, that a true freshmen Bourque can be SEC ready, and that a walkon player (Toney) is ready for some carries. Not the best situation.

One of these recruiting classes there has to be a top-rated, elite RB that sees the opportunity there is at UT. A HS stud could come in right away and be the starter. The spot has been ripe for the taking ever since Hardesty graduated IMO.

I want to see what Tom Smith looks like this year. I plan on coming up for the spring game and seeing for myself. Thought he was one of those sleeper Wisconsin type of backs coming out of HS.

I want to see what Tom Smith looks like this year. I plan on coming up for the spring game and seeing for myself. Thought he was one of those sleeper Wisconsin type of backs coming out of HS.

My son and I are going. I might bring the wife (MSST fan) if she doesn't complain to much. We will be the one's wearing UT gear. Holla if you see us. lol

VN Store

Back