'13 GA OLB Reuben Foster

He's at the ATL Hawks game and will be on some new recruiting show on FS South afterwards. Will break down his too schools apparently. Will post an update if I watch.

Heard he had some issues in Tuscaloosa this weekend. Never a dull moment.

Actually that has already been debunked. That came from a UGA blogger and has no validity to it.

his official visit to Alabama this weekend went excellent by all accounts. Sources say Foster feels he fits well into the Crimson Tide defense and can see a chance at early playing time- two factors that help Alabama. It doesn’t hurt that he is close with several members of the program, on both the team and the staff.

Saban put the full court press on his mother talking up everything not football related. Apparently she was very happy with the trip. In the end he will up at UGA so it really does not matter.

Actually that has already been debunked. That came from a UGA blogger and has no validity to it.

his official visit to Alabama this weekend went excellent by all accounts. Sources say Foster feels he fits well into the Crimson Tide defense and can see a chance at early playing time- two factors that help Alabama. It doesn’t hurt that he is close with several members of the program, on both the team and the staff.

Saban put the full court press on his mother talking up everything not football related. Apparently she was very happy with the trip. In the end he will up at UGA so it really does not matter.

TW, Auburn guy offered below as from Andrew Bone. True?

There is no telling what happens with Reuben at this point. Personally I think he signs with Auburn.

I like Alabama's chances with Vonn Bell and Alvin Kamara. I am not sure what the guys said in chat about Kamara. I am sure there are some who will predict him to Georgia. Alabama has three RBs in the top 100 committed. When was the last time four running backs in the top 100 signed with the same school? Most will go with the other school in his top two which is also the in-state program. I'd definitely go with Alabama if he picked today.

Almost everyone predicts Tunsil to UGa. It's close though.

I'll believe it when I see it, doubt he leaves the state of Alabama.

I think UGA with AU right behind. Just do not see him ending up at UA. The visit went great by all accounts and his mother seem to be very happy but I just think UA had to much ground to make up. I would not be surprise if he commits on the UGA visit.

TW, Auburn guy offered below as from Andrew Bone. True?

There is no telling what happens with Reuben at this point. Personally I think he signs with Auburn.

I like Alabama's chances with Vonn Bell and Alvin Kamara. I am not sure what the guys said in chat about Kamara. I am sure there are some who will predict him to Georgia. Alabama has three RBs in the top 100 committed. When was the last time four running backs in the top 100 signed with the same school? Most will go with the other school in his top two which is also the in-state program. I'd definitely go with Alabama if he picked today.

Almost everyone predicts Tunsil to UGa. It's close though.

I agree on Tunsil even though some of our insiders think different now. I have thought Tunsil to UGA for months. Which is alright because it appears the staff will get Tunsil or bust. Which may open another spot for someone. I did read that we are recruiting Poggi as a center. Not sure about that.

I do think AU has a better chance than UA for Foster but I have thought even when he decommitted from UA it would be to UGA and now that the AU staff is new I just like their chances. But yes Bone thinks Foster will end up at AU when it is all said and done and so do some of our better writers as well.

Kamara I agree on, even with the staff staying on AT after he just had a great trip to Ark. He says he is 100% still but who knows. And Bell yes I do think UA is in the driver's seat but since he has not committed and still visiting UT they have a great chance still.

Last edited:

It took you 38 minutes to say "Actually, here's a really long post most people won't read"

You're slipping, man.

Reactions: 5 people
I agree on Tunsil even though some of our insiders think different now. I have thought Tunsil to UGA for months. Which is alright because it appears the staff will get Tunsil or bust. Which may open another spot for someone. I did read that we are recruiting Poggi as a center. Not sure about that.

I do think AU has a better chance than UA for Foster but I have thought even when he decommitted from UA it would be to UGA and now that the AU staff is new I just like their chances. But yes Bone thinks Foster will end up at AU when it is all said and done and so do some of our better writers as well.

Kamara I agree on, even with the staff staying on AT after he just had a great trip to Ark. He says he is 100% still but who knows. And Bell yes I do think UA is in the driver's seat but since he has not committed and still visiting UT they have a great chance still.

I think V. Bell is Tennessee's to lose. Not the other way around. This kid is looking for every reason he can to be in orange. CBJ will really have to screw up to not get this kid.

Foster told FoxSports TV lat night that he will take his last official visit to Auburn on weekend of Feb. 1.
Other visitors that weekend include DE CLawson, DT MAdams (tentative), DB Chris Jones, DE Tashawn Bower(unofficial), CB Marquez White and RB Peyton Barber.

Last edited:
Don't like the fact that Lawson is visiting Auburn and I definitely don't like the fact Foster is visiting the same weekend.

Foster told FoxSports TV lat night that he will take his last official visit to Auburn on weekend of Feb. 1.
Other visitors that weekend include DE CLawson, DT MAdams (tentative), DB Chris Jones, DE Tashawn Bower(unofficial), CB Marquez White and RB Peyton Barber.

Sounds like a big money weekend.

Reactions: 1 person
Jeff Shearer (@jeff_shearer)
1/24/13, 6:33 PM
Auburn High school coach Tim Carter tells me he expects Reuben Foster to announce his commitment on Monday (2/4) - two days before NSD

Do you think he ends up at Auburn?

As of today, I do, but still two weeks to go.

UGA is sounding a little pessimestic.

Football Analyst jakemrowe@gmail.com

Rumor surrounds Foster all the time and that is one reason I just won't project him anywhere. I feel Auburn has the best shot, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him sign at any one of Auburn, Alabama, UGA, LSU, Washington.

Football Analyst jakemrowe@gmail.com
When he committed to Bama, UGA was the runner up. When he committed to AU, UGA was the runner up. Georgia is the second team now as Alabama doesn't have a real shot.

I understand the frustration with not being able to reel him, but lets not act like, to borrow an analogy, the girl that Foster takes out on a date but never commits to and say stuff like, "You never liked me at all.... yada yada yada."

Georgia has been in this race. They have had, at times, Foster ready to flip to them. I'd UGA commitment quotes ready to roll 3 weeks prior to him flipping to AU. Right now, it appears that Foster sealed his fate when he moved to Auburn.

VN Store

Back