'13 GA OLB Reuben Foster

No they have 2 recruits that the NCAA is investigating the recruitment of. There is a aweful lot a smoke around there.

Guy on VQ from Memphis said word around town is that the NCAA is back at Wooddale High investigating Jovon & the car, apparently someone slipped up during one of the interviews.

Just posting what he said so TIFWIW.

Guy on VQ from Memphis said word around town is that the NCAA is back at Wooddale High investigating Jovon & the car, apparently someone slipped up during one of the interviews.

Just posting what he said so TIFWIW.

Yep the word is some conflicting stories on the car.

The sad part is the NCAA has no power to request any records whatsoever. If the family refuses to show how he got the car they have to find other ways to seek the info. Remember how long it took them to get info on Bush at USC.

The sad part is the NCAA has no power to request any records whatsoever. If the family refuses to show how he got the car they have to find other ways to seek the info. Remember how long it took them to get info on Bush at USC.
Yes, but the law that concerns tampering is illegal which could become a TBI investigation. And they like othet LE officers have subpoena powers.

Personally, I think that giving a private institution like the NCAA the power to compel private citizens to produce documents or give sworn testimony is scary.

While you are at it, why not explain how Darius Paige moved from Pensacola to Foley, AL, to get Z"academic help"? What sort of "academic help" was it?

Apparently Paige moved to Foley because the type of class schedule that they offer is allowing him to take 7 classes instead of six. I have no idea if this is true. It is kind of suspicious that after they promised to take care of him, he transferred to the same HS that Julio and Fluker went to.

Apparently Paige moved to Foley because the type of class schedule that they offer is allowing him to take 7 classes instead of six. I have no idea if this is true. It is kind of suspicious that after they promised to take care of him, he transferred to the same HS that Julio and Fluker went to.

Yep his old HS was on a 6 block schedule, Foley which is only 30mins away is on a 8 block schedule. He needs 7 classes to qualify. He could not have done that in FL.

Foster met with the Alabama High School Athletic Association. Slightly different 'AA.

You might need to tell Foster's mother. It was was quote in an interview where she said it was the NCAA coming to investigate about a booster. She started that twitter trend not UA fans.

While you are at it, why not explain how Darius Paige moved from Pensacola to Foley, AL, to get Z"academic help"? What sort of "academic help" was it?

No different than R Foster transferring to an AL HS. Paige like I said needed 7 classes this year and the closet school to do that was across the state line in AL. Again 30 mins away. Just like R Foster who wants to graduate in Dec and be an EE, atleast what he said when he 1st transferred. His HS in GA would not him be an EE. He moved what 40 mins at most away to go a HS in AL so he could be an EE and stay close to his daughter. Sorry not sure I see your point except a gator trying to stir the pot. Nice try though.

This. I think Alabama fans stirring the pot on dirty recruiting is actually given as an example for "irony" during spelling bees.

When contacted around 1 p.m. Monday, Reuben’s mother, Anita Paige, was asked directly if she was meeting with the NCAA and she replied, “Yes, how did you know?” There were reports later in the day, including by AuburnUndercover.com’s Bryan Matthews, that the meeting would be with Alabama high school officials and not the NCAA.

When reached at 9 p.m. Monday and asked to clarify whether Monday’s meeting was with the NCAA or Alabama high school officials, Paige responded, “I can’t say. I’m not allowed to comment on that.”

Earlier in the day, Paige told the AJC, “They [the NCAA] are talking with Reuben and me. They want to make sure there was nothing illegal done to get us down here, or anything like that. They want to make sure there wasn’t a college booster involved.

The story has been updated so it appears no one really knows at this point.

Reuben Foster: Auburn 5-star LB being investigated (UPDATED) | AJC College Sports Recruiting

No different than R Foster transferring to an AL HS. Paige like I said needed 7 classes this year and the closet school to do that was across the state line in AL. Again 30 mins away. Just like R Foster who wants to graduate in Dec and be an EE, atleast what he said when he 1st transferred. His HS in GA would not him be an EE. He moved what 40 mins at most away to go a HS in AL so he could be an EE and stay close to his daughter. Sorry not sure I see your point except a gator trying to stir the pot. Nice try though.

Well, Paige started most of this drama by allowing himself to be quoted as saying " They said they would take care of me". That was a terrible choice of words and if it was an Auburn recruit, it probably wouldn't sit too well with you either.

Last edited:
[/B]

Well, Paige started most of this drama by allowing himself to be quoted as saying " They said they would take care of me". That was a terrible choice of words and if it was an Auburn recruit, it probably wouldn't sit too well with you either.

Actually Paige never said or was quoted saying that but one of his coaches accused Pruitt of saying that.

Washington assistant coach George Shellang, who was interim head coach during the summer while the Wildcats looked for a head coach to replace Michael Smith, said immediately after Paige's Tuesday transfer that Alabama assistant coach Jeremy Pruitt pushed Paige to transfer because the Lions could "take care of him academically."

"He (Pruitt) then asked me if we could take care of Darius academically, I replied that we did have an academic plan," the post reads. "He then proceeded to tell me that at Foley HS Darius could make up 7 core classes in one year.

And it is no different from this regarding JaQuay Williams, a AU commit who has not yet been cleared.

JaQuay is just working out at the school,” Sandy Creek coach Chip Walker told the AJC on Sunday. “We’re about to get him taken care of. He will hopefully be at Auburn in the next week or so.”

And to be honest could care less. These kids are not rocket scienctists, if so the NCAA requirment to qualify would not be set so low.

VN Store

Back