'13 GA LB Zach Barnes

Maybe lathers will get a 6th yr and we can have him/AJJ/Maggit around while we train and develop these raw LBs

Gregory said Barnes participated in Tennessee’s lineman camp earlier this month and returned to Knoxville this week in hopes of earning an offer. The Vols once again were impressed with him. “He went up there, I guess, a couple weekends ago and pretty much dominated, and then they invited him back, and he and his father went back up there, I guess, to do some more stuff,” Gregory said. “I mean, he’s the real deal.”

Gregory said Barnes participated in Tennessee’s lineman camp earlier this month and returned to Knoxville this week in hopes of earning an offer. The Vols once again were impressed with him. “He went up there, I guess, a couple weekends ago and pretty much dominated, and then they invited him back, and he and his father went back up there, I guess, to do some more stuff,” Gregory said. “I mean, he’s the real deal.”

Skeeter on point with his info, again.

Sounds good to me.

Exactly why should I blindly trust in Sal Sunseri? A coach with a good (not great) resume, No Division 1A Defensive Coordinator experience and was someone you had likely never heard of until about 5 months ago.

Reactions: 1 person
Exactly why should I blindly trust in Sal Sunseri? A coach with a good (not great) resume, No Division 1A Defensive Coordinator experience and was someone you had likely never heard of until about 5 months ago.

I think almost everyone had heard of him. He was only the number 1 recruiter in the nation, according to several outlets.

People need to stop (just stop) questioning / complaining about coaches accepting commitments whenever they happen. Anyone with a working brain knows teams will continue to pursue the guys they really want all the way up to signing day. If they can secure a higher rated prospect over a current commit, we all know how that will end up, so enough of the complaining / questioning coaches decisions !

Reactions: 8 people

You are comparing two completely different things. You're comparing his coordinator ability with his player evaluation ability. The latter should not be in this question at this point. Should we start naming off the LBs Bama has had the past few years?

"They told me I was a great worker and they told me they really wanted me," Barnes said. "Coach Sal was going crazy when I committed and he told me he was going to put me in the NFL."
-VQ

...and there you have it. That's why we took his commit. That's a lot of confidence from our coaches.

Reactions: 9 people

Don't. Just read recruiting sites and keep your ignorant comments to yourself.

Then we all win.

Reactions: 9 people

Just look at the line backers he's put in the NFL. He knows what he's after and he knows how to get the best out of them. He's unproven as a coordinator but not at evaluating talent and player development.

I really like this pickup. I do have a question though....

Skeeter, we have 4 LB now... What do the coaches do if one or more big targets pull the trigger?

You're right. We should trust Volnation posters , some are way more qualified than a first year DC from Alabama who just got done winning the NC.

:banghead2::banghead2::banghead2:

:banghead2::banghead2::banghead2:

A source I have that is close to the situation is telling me that this guy is besties with a high profile DE and that they would like to play overuse in college.

"Every day I come to practice and I'm going to put my best on the field," Barnes said. "I'm sure a lot of people say that, but I come every day and I'm coming to hurt somebody. Every day I practice hard because it's going to translate to the gamefield. I just go all out every day."

"I'm done with camps," Barnes said. "I'm just going to work out hard and get ready for my senior season. I want to finish strong. I want to show out and help my team be successful. I'm playing multiple positions and I want to make as many plays as I can."
-VQ

Reactions: 6 people
High profile recruits are keeping the vols in mind but want to see a few big wins before taking us seriously

He's basically only been playing for 2 years, so I doubt the recruiting gurus know much about him.

I'll continue to trust the coaches evals, rather than some 150 lb dude in a cubicle putting stats together.

After the pics jmoore posted with recruits, do you really think he is 150 lbs?

Just kidding jmoore :)

VN Store

Back