'13 GA LB Zach Barnes

I work about 5 miles from Grayson High school & grew up in Loganville. Seen him play a little bit. Doesn't have much experience, but tremendous upside(as others have stated).

If it sticks, the coaches feel like he will be a great lb. this kid is under the radar at the moment.

Skeeter, any idea to what type of player the coaches would compare him to at this point? Meaning, he is as talented as a player like Jason Hatcher for example but under the radar?

Edit, not Joey Ivie, a guy more his size like Jason Hatcher

Skeeter, any idea to what type of player the coaches would compare him to at this point? Meaning, he is as talented as a player like Joey Ivie for example but under the radar?

They believe he will turn into a great LB, hes very raw with very good instincts and measurables. Very teachable. This is the kid i was talking about a couple of weeks ago, he was going to commit after he came up with his parent/parents. Loves Sal, but hes looking for that UGA offer from what i hear. Could be santos 2.0

JMO but I think it's a very questionable take, just like Campbell & Zanca. We have a huge need at LB & are in on a lot of good LB's w/ big time offers. Wish the staff wouldn't get so trigger happy so early w/ some of these commitments & wait until later on.

But, at the end of the day I'm no coach our scout so my opinion doesn't mean squat. I just wouldn't be surprised if some of them ended up like Henderson last year.

JMO but I think it's a very questionable take, just like Campbell & Zanca. We have a huge need at LB & are in on a lot of good LB's w/ big time offers. Wish the staff wouldn't get so trigger happy so early w/ some of these commitments & wait until later on.

But, at the end of the day I'm no coach our scout so my opinion doesn't mean squat. I just wouldn't be surprised if some of them ended up like Henderson last year.

Besides Yannick, who else would we be in on? We have not offered Robinson and are converting DEs to the Jack position.

Incredible interview. Award winning journalism right there.

Well aside from his injuries, I know Cody loved being a Vol, so maybe off-camera he told him about what it's like being a Vol. Maybe it'll earn some points with him.

This seems like another high character kid.. The '14 Truett kid I met the other day was the same way.. DD is really trying to recruit good guys.. Smart guys..

Watching this recruiting class play out is going to be interesting. I think we have several guys in which there's a possibility they won't be around on NSD. More than in previous years.

They believe he will turn into a great LB, hes very raw with very good instincts and measurables. Very teachable. This is the kid i was talking about a couple of weeks ago, he was going to commit after he came up with his parent/parents. Loves Sal, but hes looking for that UGA offer from what i hear. Could be santos 2.0

:hi:

Sounds like a keeper, be interesting to follow his development and recruitment this summer/fall.

VN Store

Back