'13 GA DT Robert Nkemdiche

I agree, I liked Kiffen when he was here, and the only dislike I have for him is for ditching us like he did. He's a good coach, but I think he'd have gotten us in trouble, so I'm happy with the change.

I hate Meyer though, sleezy and shady to the core, he bleeds slime like a politician, and is by far the most overrated coach out there.

"Leave you like Kiffin" says it all...sucked for most of the players, but he worked very hard and gave us an exciting season. I never hated on the man for going home. Urban Meyer won two NCs at Florida, but he stunk up the conference as far as I'm concerned. I'd take Lane Kiffin as a coach over Urban Meyer, any day of any week of any month of any year. Let Meyer stink up some other conference. I would NOT want that nut-job coaching at Tennessee.

Last edited:
From Keith Niebuhr:

Robert Nkemdiche says he'll make an announcement sometime this summer. Says #Bama #LSU #Clemson #UGA #OleMiss #MissState & #Texas are alive

"Leave you like Kiffin" says it all...sucked for most of the players, but he worked very hard and gave us an exciting season. I never hated on the man for going home. Urban Meyer won two NCs at Florida, but he stunk up the conference as far as I'm concerned. I'd take Lane Kiffin as a coach over Urban Meyer, any day of any week of any month of any year. Let Meyer stink up some other conference. I would NOT want that nut-job coaching at Tennessee.

Agreed, id take Kiffin any day over Meyer. I don't fault Kiffin for leaving, just the timing and the telling commits not to enroll so they could go to USC instead. Doesn't make him a bad guy, but doesn't mean I enjoyed it either.

Agreed, id take Kiffin any day over Meyer. I don't fault Kiffin for leaving, just the timing and the telling commits not to enroll so they could go to USC instead. Doesn't make him a bad guy, but doesn't mean I enjoyed it either.

Telling recruits not to enroll qualifies him for "bad guy" status in my book, but I don't blame him for leaving for his dream job.

Reactions: 1 person
Telling recruits not to enroll qualifies him for "bad guy" status in my book, but I don't blame him for leaving for his dream job.

Yeah this fact is what makes him a douche... Follow your dreams if you must, but don't sabotage your present employer on your exit. People never bring that up when arguing his merits as a coach. It will have some impact on getting high character guys. If an opposing coach pointed that out to me I wouldn't trust the guy any farther than I could throw him. Reminds me of our own condredge asking the tn asst coach to accompany him to the meeting with the expos as a recruit. He turned down 100 g (in a briefcase under the table) that day cause he recognized a douche when he saw one. Thankfully he did and tn got him

If he were to come here(I know it is unlikely), would he move to linebacker? He is in a middle range where he could bulk up to be a DE or slim down to play outside linebacker.

If he were to come here(I know it is unlikely), would he move to linebacker? He is in a middle range where he could bulk up to be a DE or slim down to play outside linebacker.

He would probably be a Jack LB in the 3-4. DE in 4-3.

He will end up being a DE. I read he has very little body fat and as a junior in HS already 280 he is not going to slim down. He will probably be 290+ coming into college before he gets to a good S&C program. But wherever he plays with his size running a 4.5 40 will be a nightmare for coaches.

BTW he did a video interview with K Niebuhr from Rivals last night after his spring game and signing autographs. He basically mentioned 7 schools UA, LSU, MSU, Ole Miss, UGA, Clemson and Texas. Said he plans on narrowing it down here shortyl probably to like 3 schools and announce a few weeks later. May visit is final group before making the final decision or not. But seems to be pointing towards a decision before his season starts.

UGA recently hired somebody with strong ties to Grayson HS. May not end up meaning anything at the end of the day.

There's no way this guy is coming to UT. Just another diva high school senior who's enjoying the limelight and stringing fan bases along to garner more attention....

That said--I'd love to see that kind of talent in orange and white. (again)

Reactions: 2 people

Could be totally wrong, but as I recall, Coach Mongo was the one advising recruits about the option not to enroll. Kiffin implicated himself by saying he had no control over what Mongo was doing. I do agree that leaving as he did was bad enough, without adding to it by allowing Mongo to mess with Tennessee recruits just before NSD. That's a "bad guy" qualifier, not forgotten.

Could be totally wrong, but as I recall, Coach Mongo was the one advising recruits about the option not to enroll. Kiffin implicated himself by saying he had no control over what Mongo was doing. I do agree that leaving as he did was bad enough, without adding to it by allowing Mongo to mess with Tennessee recruits just before NSD. That's a "bad guy" qualifier, not forgotten.

Hey, Mongo from Blazing Saddles was a good guy. Please do not compare ogeron with him. Not at all nice to Mongo and a huge complement to ogeron.

You guys are kiling me talking about Kitten like you want him back. He was scum!!! Plain and simple. If he wouldn't have walked out on us in the way that he did, I guarantee we would be in trouble with the NCAA. Although we haven't been winning in the style that UT is used to, we will be back soon. And the best thing about it is, when we get back to the top, it won't be because of Kitten. FWIW

Reactions: 1 person
You guys are kiling me talking about Kitten like you want him back. He was scum!!! Plain and simple. If he wouldn't have walked out on us in the way that he did, I guarantee we would be in trouble with the NCAA. Although we haven't been winning in the style that UT is used to, we will be back soon. And the best thing about it is, when we get back to the top, it won't be because of Kitten. FWIW

:rock:

I would say Bama only because of distance, from first hand info I got he had a great visit in BR... however, distance is always an issue... hopefully I am wrong.

Has the physical ability to be just as good as Sam Montgomery if not better. However, at 270ish weight and I have heard possibly 280 there is a good likelihood of him being moved inside.

LSU is targeting to sign 5-7 DL so the need is there since Sam and Mingo are mostly gone after this year and possibly Logan.

My guess is Bama with LSU as a possibility.

everything leads back to kiffen.Why cant we just say forget him and totally forget about that one year in a long history of UT FOOTBALL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bama way out in front, then Georgia, then everybody else IMO.

I think Clemson is in front of UGA. And may be the biggest competition for bama. But still likely bama. If so I wish he'd quit being dramatic and end it. But I know recruiting Is a once in a lifetime thing. Yada yada yada

I think Clemson is in front of UGA. And may be the biggest competition for bama. But still likely bama. If so I wish he'd quit being dramatic and end it. But I know recruiting Is a once in a lifetime thing. Yada yada yada

Yup. Folks on here don't mention Clemson much for RN but they're in it for sure. He's been there a few times and I believe he has some ties to the school, not sure exactly but I believe his girlfriend goes there and/or a family member works at Clemson. I'm sure Tidewarrior could fill us in...

Yup. Folks on here don't mention Clemson much for RN but they're in it for sure. He's been there a few times and I believe he has some ties to the school, not sure exactly but I believe his girlfriend goes there and/or a family member works at Clemson. I'm sure Tidewarrior could fill us in...

I am not even sure he is dating that girl anymore but he has no family there that we know of. But our insiders seem to now think Clemson is no longer a threat. Something happened during their attempts to sway RN while he was trying to get a scholly for his team mates something went amiss. Whatever has happened our insiders who were 90% sure he would sign with UA now feel 100% he will commit in the next few months to UA.

He openly stated in the spring he was tired of the recruiting process and that is when he decided to announce io May 18th, but decided to continue to take visits and help his friends out to get scholly's, but now is tiring of that. FWIW

Ahh thanks for clearing that up :hi:

I thought I heard somewhere that he had a sister, aunt or someone that works at Clemson. Could be wrong.

VN Store

Back