'13 GA DT Kelsey Griffin

Not true at all.. You can only have 25 guys sign out of high school no matter how many scholly's are available. Tino Thomas for us 2 years ago greyshirted. Bama had to tell kids to look elsewhere last year and still greyshirted one. 25 is the SEC limit.

Not true at all.. You can only have 25 guys sign out of high school no matter how many scholly's are available. Tino Thomas for us 2 years ago greyshirted. Bama had to tell kids to look elsewhere last year and still greyshirted one. 25 is the SEC limit.

Yes, it is true. You can backcount early enrollees, and there was no cap put on the amount you can backcount. That number of 33 to 34 is being reported by everybody.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Yes, it is true. You can backcount early enrollees, and there was no cap put on the amount you can backcount. That number of 33 to 34 is being reported by everybody.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

8 to 9 early enrollees is impressive.

If this keeps up, Spurrier may coach til he's 80.

If he keeps landing prospects like Quarles, Clowney, Griffin, etc... along the defensive line, he very well may.

He has the benefit of having free golf, low expectations, high job security, and good in-state talent on an annual basis.

I'll be the first to admit I didn't think even his big ego would be enough to permeate thru to install confidence into a historically bad program such as South Carolina.

Reactions: 1 person
If he keeps landing prospects like Quarles, Clowney, Griffin, etc... along the defensive line, he very well may.

He has the benefit of having free golf, low expectations, high job security, and good in-state talent on an annual basis.

I'll be the first to admit I didn't think even his big ego would be enough to permeate thru to install confidence into a historically bad program such as South Carolina.

Agree. And time was definitely on his side. Something Dooley does not have.

Carolina has done a great job recruiting Georgia the past couple of years.

Last year's class had 12 commits out of GA, just 4 from SC. In this year's class, the team has 8 commits from GA, just 3 from South Carolina.

Carolina has done a great job recruiting Georgia the past couple of years.

Last year's class had 12 commits out of GA, just 4 from SC. In this year's class, the team has 8 commits from GA, just 3 from South Carolina.

Is that because Clemson is getting all the top in-state talent?

Is that because Clemson is getting all the top in-state talent?

It's more that there just hasn't been much talent in the state the past 2 years.

This year, SC only offered 6 or 7 in state guys. Of the top 5 guys, 2 are committed to SC, 1 to Clemson, 2 out of state (Ohio St and UGA). Last year was similar. Carolina only offered a handful of instate guys and did well recruiting those few guys.

His accomplishments in the Palmetto State underscore Spurrier, the man and Spurrier, the coach.

I'm not one to live in the past or the "would've", "could've", "should've" type however, it would be interesting to see how things would have played out if Steve Spurrier (coming out of Science Hill) had signed w/ Tennessee instead.

His accomplishments in the Palmetto State underscore Spurrier, the man and Spurrier, the coach.

I'm not one to live in the past or the "would've", "could've", "should've" type however, it would be interesting to see how things would have played out if Steve Spurrier (coming out of Science Hill) had signed w/ Tennessee instead.

:cray:

My grandfather was Spurrier's basketball coach at Science Hill, some people that have lived in Johnson City for a while may remember him, his name is Elvin Little, he coached at Science Hill for 20 years. He still talks to Steve on occasion, and speaks to his brother, Graham, quite often. A year or two after he took the SC job (I can't remember the exact year, i was pretty young) Steve and my Grandad were talking on the phone. Steve said if the Tennessee job were to come open, that it was "the premier job in the SEC". Makes you wonder what would have happened if Fulmer was fired after his 1st 5-7 season.

My grandfather was Spurrier's basketball coach at Science Hill, some people that have lived in Johnson City for a while may remember him, his name is Elvin Little, he coached at Science Hill for 20 years. He still talks to Steve on occasion, and speaks to his brother, Graham, quite often. A year or two after he took the SC job (I can't remember the exact year, i was pretty young) Steve and my Grandad were talking on the phone. Steve said if the Tennessee job were to come open, that it was "the premier job in the SEC". Makes you wonder what would have happened if Fulmer was fired after his 1st 5-7 season.

Thanks for that information. I have often speculated on how things might have turned out if only Tennessee had gone to the T-formation a few years earlier. The history of the program might have taken a distinctively different turn if Spurrier had been a Big Orange grad rather than a member of the Reptilian Horde.

VN Store

Back