'13 GA ATH Cameron Sutton (TN signee)

I bet big Austin will be in the house too. He likes to show up to help with the hot sauce on big recruiting weekends.

Vols CB commitment Cameron Sutton eager to return to Tennessee

Pretty positive article on 247 on Sutton. He's ready to get back on campus. He is taking a visit to Ole Miss on the 25th, but he doesn't have another visit set. He is thinking about another visit before NSD.

He's solid to UT, and he wants to spend more time with our new staff.

visiting Aub this weekend.

Bryan Matthews‏@BMatt247

Tennessee commit Cameron Sutton visiting Auburn (VIP/Mobile) Tennessee commit Cameron Sutton visiting Auburn … via @247Sports

So he's not there?

I believe he is at Auburn this weekend. From the Auburn article:

“Auburn has come on strong with the new coaching staff,” Jonesboro coach Tim Floyd said. “I know he liked the school, he liked the atmosphere when he visited Auburn. It helps a lot to have Coach G and Coach Cheese on staff. He was really familiar with those two throughout the recruiting process already.”

Sutton, who committed to Tennessee in August, is also planning to visit North Carolina and possibly Ole Miss.

“He’s still committed to Tennessee,” Floyd said. “He was excited about Tennessee and then they went through the coaching changes and now I think he wants to make sure that he’s making the right decision.”

It's an OV, and I think we all need to keep in mind that we went through a coaching change. We can't fault the new staff for previously committed prospects looking around to make sure they really do like UT. Building relationships with the new staff is going to take time. This applies to Sutton, Carr, and anyone else who wasn't an EE, really.

Wait a second.....is he visiting Auburn this weekend? Thought I heard that somewhere?

New Auburn 247 article saying he now has top two with UT and Auburn. Just read the headline would. Any body got more information?

He just left after AU visit. Info from AU Rivals -

The visit was outstanding," Sutton said. "We've bonded well. Talking with the staff in recent weeks -- it all carries over with Auburn. They all have the same mindset of winning a national championship..."

Sutton remains committed to Tennessee, but admits his recruitment has opened up. "I'm opening myself back up -- going to visiting with Tennessee in a few weeks and seeing where I stand between the two schools," Sutton said.

Sutton has no visits planned after Tennessee next weekend. He plans a decision shortly after, but didn't rule out the chance his final decision extends until signing day.

He opens up, so should the coaching staff. If they find another DB ready to be a Vol now, take him and move on. When kids wait till a month before signing day to take visits this is what you run into. If they are looking around, so should the staff. You no longer have a spot "held" at Tennessee. JMO

Reactions: 2 people
I thought his quotes from the report were very politically correct since it was an auburn report. My guess he will stay solid to us.

He opens up, so should the coaching staff. If they find another DB ready to be a Vol now, take him and move on. When kids wait till a month before signing day to take visits this is what you run into. If they are looking around, so should the staff. You no longer have a spot "held" at Tennessee. JMO

Nah. Who is gonna replace him this late? 5'8"
Irvin-Sills? He has his right to make sure he is comfortable with this staff.

Dooley conceded recruiting battles, CBJ wont.

Last edited:
Nah. Who is gonna replace him this late? 5'8"
Irvin-Sills? He has his right to make sure he is comfortable with this staff.

Dooley conceded recruiting battles, CBJ wont.

Always be ready. If the kid is looking, we risk losing him. Just ask Otha Peters. "He is just visiting Arkansas for the fun of it". This close to NSD is very risky to just trust the kid will stick. You act like landing Irvin-Sills would be a bad thing. What would be real bad is trusting a kid to hold to his word and you end up 1 DB short on NSD when he jumps ship.

I thought his quotes from the report were very politically correct since it was an auburn report. My guess he will stay solid to us.

Yep I think he will feel the same way with our new staff after his visit and will be solidly committed.

It's kinda crazy how many recruits we're after that are considering both UT & Auburn. Green, Lawson, Barber, Foster, Bellamy, Walton, Smith, & now Sutton among others just off the top of my head. Also LB's Toney & T Johnson had both schools in their final group as well as RB Wilkins. And don't forget we actually traded commits with Lemond Johnson & Ben Bradley.

Having Martinez & especially Thigpen at UT has clearly helped us with some of these kids. It's gonna be interesting to see how things unfold with some of them having relationships with each other. I could definitely see a few of them wanting to play together & choosing the same school. Next weekend is absolutely huge for us if that school is gonna be UT.

We are happy when guys committed to other schools visit here and then really consider us. This just shows it works both ways. They will go after our guys and vice versa. Young kids with big decisions. Hope we keep the ones we want to keep and get all of theirs we can.

VN Store

Back