'13 FL RB Tarean Folston

I don't know why Chaney can't get him the ball on edge. He could be used out of the backfield in many ways and be very effective. ATP, he's not the back that's going to be able to pound a front like UGAs.

Agreed. Just thinking out loud here, but does Chaney call many wheel route plays for him? It's hard to tell when you're at all the games. It would really stretch the defense knowing that option is always there IMO

I wouldn't mind having Folston because with his skill set and Jay Grham coaching him he will be an awesome TB for us, but to me he reminds me too much of Neal and Lane we need a real bruiser at RB

I think we should take 3 backs. If we could get Green, Turman, and Folston we would be set. Two bruisers and a back with good size that can also catch the ball out of the backfield similar to what Neal did today.

Because our team should be just lining up slaughtering teams. Our OL is full of talent and experience. That zone stuff is for an undersized unit. We can line up and punish people with the guys we have. But the head man has got to set the tone. Can Dooley do it? We'll see......

Gotta have better blocking on the perimiter.

FWIW, Folston has really struggled so far this year. Local newspapers have reported these rushing numbers for him in Cocoa's first 4 games:
* 18 carries for 68 yards against St. Joseph's Prep
* 19 carries for 24 yards against University School of NSU
* 18 carries for 95 yards against Warner Christian
* 23 carries for 60 yards against Merritt Island

That's 247 yards on 78 carries, or 3.2 YPC. Senior RB Antwan Lee is actually leading Cocoa in rushing so far.

Sweet! Getting one out of Green, Folston, Kamara, Elder, Dodson, or Wilkins would be a pretty good deal. Or even 2 of them!

I know he spoke highly of Notre Dame at one point. Does the Bryant committment take them out?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I do not know about Elder and Dodson, but I think we will see interest from Wilkins, Kamara and Folston. Pair either of those with Green and we will be sitting pretty.

I know he spoke highly of Notre Dame at one point. Does the Bryant committment take them out?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

NO the plan was for ND to take 2 backs and TF is leaning their way atp...now thing could change if Ryan Green wants in then TF would be out.

Hopefully taggart will move on up sooner rather than later. Preferably somewhere not in the south

VN Store

Back