'13 FL RB Derrick Henry (Bama commit)

You can only speak for yourself. If you don't think the vols will flip henry then you aren't who I am talking about. I see plenty of guys who believe Henry will flip to the vols whether it's next monday or later in the year. I am saying he will not and he will be a Dawg and an EE at that.

If he wasn't interested, he wouldn't be taking unofficial visits to UT. He may not and probably won't flip, but you are fooling yourself if you don't think he is interested.

You can only speak for yourself. If you don't think the vols will flip henry then you aren't who I am talking about. I see plenty of guys who believe Henry will flip to the vols whether it's next monday or later in the year. I am saying he will not and he will be a Dawg and an EE at that.

Go find a quote from a Vol fan on this board that said, without sarcasm, that we would flip Henry. Find more than one. I'll wait.

You haven't been hearing that from any intelligent UT fans the past two years. We have also been hearing UGA fans claim national championships for decades, but have not seen those either. Does this visit mean he is going to flip? No. Does it mean he could flip? Yes, you don't take this many visits if there is no chance you will flip.

so you are calling your fellow volnation posters names now? i have seen it on this often on the football board. DH will have to visit the vols a bunch more times and not visit uga and then say he is now open and is not committed to uga before anyone who knows anything about henry to believe he won't be a Dawg. You can say you believe he can be flipped and I am saying I don't believe he will be. I would like to say henry has visited a lot of players on his own dime this offseason.. this is no different.

Last edited:
If he wasn't interested, he wouldn't be taking unofficial visits to UT. He may not and probably won't flip, but you are fooling yourself if you don't think he is interested.

I would like to tell you henry has taken unofficial visits to florida and other schools after being committed to uga and he is a strong UGA commit even if he visits the vols. your fans don't have much knowledge of henry and it's obvious since you guys have no clue why he didn't make it to uga and what he did this past weekend. he is very interested in taking visits and enjoying his recruitment and btw he will take his 5 official visits as will brice ramsey and no i am not worried about either player not ending up in athens for their college careers.

so you are calling your fellow volnation posters names now? i have seen it on this board often on the football board. DH will have to visit the vols a bunch more times and not visit uga and then say he is now open and is not committed to uga before anyone who knows anything about henry to believe he won't be a Dawg. You can say you believe he can be flipped and I am saying I don't believe he will be.

I'm saying you posting other peoples opinions without referencing who said it doesn't mean anything to me. That is like me saying I polled the short bus yesterday and they told me they think Kentucky beats UGA by atleast 4 touchdowns. I must have missed where you and Derrick Henry know each other really well, and you know exactly what he is thinking. People said Otha couldn't be flip, heck otha went as far as to inform our reporters don't worry I'm going to be a vol on tuesday. He will not be an easy flip by any means, but recruiting is very fluid and unpredictable and you cannot say with certainty that he will not flip.

I would like to tell you henry has taken unofficial visits to florida and other schools after being committed to uga and he is a strong UGA commit even if he visits the vols. your fans don't have much knowledge of henry and it's obvious since you guys have no clue why he didn't make it to uga and what he did this past weekend. he is very interested in taking visits and enjoying his recruitment and btw he will take his 5 official visits as will brice ramsey and no i am not worried about either player not ending up in athens for their college careers.

First of all, I knew exactly why he didn't go to UGA's spring game and that he was really upset about it.

He has unofficially visited a school about 8 hours away 2 times in the past month on his own dime. He is obviously very interested in what UT has to say.

I'm saying you posting other peoples opinions without referencing who said it doesn't mean anything to me. That is like me saying I polled the short bus yesterday and they told me they think Kentucky beats UGA by atleast 4 touchdowns. I must have missed where you and Derrick Henry know each other really well, and you know exactly what he is thinking. People said Otha couldn't be flip, heck otha went as far as to inform our reporters don't worry I'm going to be a vol on tuesday. He will not be an easy flip by any means, but recruiting is very fluid and unpredictable and you cannot say with certainty that he will not flip.

Now those vol fans on your football may just be homers hoping you guys would have won the past 2 years so you might have been right with your first comment on the vol fans who said that were. I can say with that I believe with everything I know about Henry which is a lot that he will be a Dawg on NSD and he will be an EE as well. I also pointed out clearly that Henry has visited a lot of teams this summer on his own dime, but he is still a very strong UGA commit. Henry and Ramsey are taking all of their official visits (the last I heard) and they will enjoy the recruiting process, but I expect both of them to be Dawgs. We will see if I am right in january of next year. :)

First of all, I knew exactly why he didn't go to UGA's spring game and that he was really upset about it.

He has unofficially visited a school about 8 hours away 2 times in the past month on his own dime. He is obviously very interested in what UT has to say.

good that you did know that and i mean that seriously. i see way too many fans in this thread commenting on henry who know nothing about him. i have been clear where i stand on this. DH taking unofficial visits isn't anything new. he has done it a lot of times to a bunch of schools even the same school multiple times. he is going to enjoy his recruitment as I would as well and so is ramsey, but come time to be an EE i expect both to be dawgs.

Will be good to beet them in Athens this year and watch them all disappear for awhile.

beet.jpg
??

Reactions: 1 person
Now those vol fans on your football may just be homers hoping you guys would have won the past 2 years so you might have been right with your first comment on the vol fans who said that were. I can say with that I believe with everything I know about Henry which is a lot that he will be a Dawg on NSD and he will be an EE as well. I also pointed out clearly that Henry has visited a lot of teams this summer on his own dime, but he is still a very strong UGA commit. Henry and Ramsey are taking all of their official visits (the last I heard) and they will enjoy the recruiting process, but I expect both of them to be Dawgs. We will see if I am right in january of next year. :)

good that you did know that and i mean that seriously. i see way too many fans in this thread commenting on henry who know nothing about him. i have been clear where i stand on this. DH taking unofficial visits isn't anything new. he has done it a lot of times to a bunch of schools even the same school multiple times. he is going to enjoy his recruitment as I would as well and so is ramsey, but come time to be an EE i expect both to be dawgs.

So do you expect both of them to be dawgs?

God I hope he flips. Anywhere. Tennessee, Florida, Valdosta State, I don't care. I just really, really, really want to rub it in these muts faces, for no other reason than selfish, jevenille, e-cred satisfaction.

Reactions: 3 people
Not worried about Henry either. I don't like him taking the visits, but when his coach will pretty much give him a ride to UT whenever he wants it, I expect him to take a couple of unofficials there. Visits, official or not, are a lot of fun :)naughty:) and personally I would take as many as I could if I were in his shoes.

The visits bother me, Jay Graham recruiting him bothers me, but in the end I do think he will stick with his commit.

Not worried about Henry either. I don't like him taking the visits, but when his coach will pretty much give him a ride to UT whenever he wants it, I expect him to take a couple of unofficials there. Visits, official or not, are a lot of fun :)naughty:) and personally I would take as many as I could if I were in his shoes.

The visits bother me, Jay Graham recruiting him bothers me, but in the end I do think he will stick with his commit.

So you think he will stick with his commit?

You sure?

As sure as can be. As the saying goes, "only fools are positive.". These are 18 year old boys after all. Considering his friendship with Ramsey and Terry and not just the kids, but the families all being fairly close...it doesn't seem likely.

How can Henry being a "very strong commitment" to UGA if he's stated in an interview that his visits to UT have made him "seriously reconsider his commitment"?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 2 people
As sure as can be. As the saying goes, "only fools are positive.". These are 18 year old boys after all. Considering his friendship with Ramsey and Terry and not just the kids, but the families all being fairly close...it doesn't seem likely.

yeah, and we vol fans truly believed that Otha was tight with Croom, Peterman, etc., and that their families had become pretty good friends as well...we all know how that turned out.

VN Store

Back