13 FL QB Asiantii Woulard

This always bugged me about our former coach. Really not trying to bash but it was frustrating watching this guy win the Elite 11 and expressing an interest in Tennessee and it seemingly going nowhere.

What are you talking about?? He got a fellow elite 11 guy to commit that he felt better fit the system he wanted. Geeeez.

Let's let the BOOMs begin!! AW in orange and white will be a beautiful thing!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
I'm sure he's a great player and will do well wherever he lands. Especially if it has the system in place he will exceed in. But that's my concern. We currently don't have that system in place. CBJ can't afford IMO to throw himself into changing it right away without truly seeing what will or will not work against the likes of uga, Bama, uF, USCjr. And beating them every yr. So going for a guy now and making that commitment now is quite risky atm imo. After his first yr of actually seeing and competing vs the teams he will play against on a yrly basis he can truly know what he is going to have to do to win. So there's a fine line at this moment IMO. I know now this style of QB is successful but as time goes on the best DCs in the country/sec are learning how to control it.

I'll be honest I like the traditional pro-style ground and pound. So hoping to still see it in some form/mix if possible. Right now it's still the winning formula in the SEC.

I like the ground and pound as well. UT has had much success with this style of play. But, aTm beat Bama using a mobile QB and had much success this year. Not saying UT will have the same. Remember our success when we did play with a mobile QB, Tee.

index.php

Reactions: 9 people
A dual threat QB can thrive in a pro style offense just fine as long as he is also committed to passing first and using his legs when it's a better option. Just look at RGIII, they run some option and read option but it's mostly pro style.

When a guy wins the Elite 11 and openly expresses an interest in your school you give him a look. Geeeez.

Kind of like the prom queen looks at you, winks and slips you her number........

You definitely give her a call to see 'what's up'..... Right? :yes:

I think Woulard, Elder, and Quick would all be great in that offense. Plus get Green to pound the rock and another great WR like North then we will not miss the three that may leave in the NFL

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back