' 13 FL CB Mackensie Alexander

Lastest from 247:
"-Florida State attempted the calf-cow deal with cornerback Mackensie Alexander by ‘offering’ his brother Mackenro Alexander in May. Mackensie hardly batted an eye at that move, but it looks as if a new school is trying to take that route. Mississippi State will host both on an official visit January 11. Look for Auburn to make a serious push in the race to land Mackensie as well with their hire of former Clemson defensive back coach Charlie Harbison."

This guy is one of the most interesting prospects in this class. Virtually everybody has a shot at this guy. There are so many teams in the picture. Should be very interesting to see where he lands.

Saw a blurb he was looking at KY. Does he want to throw his playing career away? Seriously, has anyone heard if CBJ and staff hve contacted him? And how good/bad is his brother? Is it worth offering the brother a scholly if it gets us both? We desperately need DBs.

There's no way we would be pursuing him and his brother with Bell and Sills still on the board.. Just too many db's with our numbers so tight. We already have what, 4 db's? I'd love to have Mac though.. He's a baller.

Last edited:
Saw a blurb he was looking at KY. Does he want to throw his playing career away? Seriously, has anyone heard if CBJ and staff hve contacted him? And how good/bad is his brother? Is it worth offering the brother a scholly if it gets us both? We desperately need DBs.

Didn't he and his brother visit UK back in the summer? I wouldn't be surprised if they both ended up at Kentucky now that Stoops is there.

Didn't he and his brother visit UK back in the summer? I wouldn't be surprised if they both ended up at Kentucky now that Stoops is there.

Yes but that was with the old staff who seemed to be very sincere in wanting both brothers on the team. Where Stoops and Jimbo I believe made them fell it was only to get MacKensie and if I recalled burned a bridge. So my guess is UK with Stoops now may not be in the hunt.

Out of all the top recruits still out there he may be the only one that is still pretty wide open.

They visited KY over the summer but that was mainly bc his former coach was a GA KY at the time...MSU is making a strong push. Don't count them out bc they are Miss State.

Well, Johnthan Banks just won the Thorpe Award while getting torched against every good team State played this year. Why not go there?

I hope they go to Mississippi State. I don't want Mack in the east. LOL

He could endup at CU, MSU or even KY. MA said that if Joker wasn't canned he could really see himself there.

Said he wants to be his own man and come into a place and star as a freshman like Sammy Watkins.

"ballers to come in there and change their program and he def can see himself going into a situation like that and turning the program around "

Stoops is selling him on being the man too. He recently called Mackensie and told him at UK he would be used not only as a CB, but also at WR for a few bubble screens, etc. a game and also as a return man on special teams....

"Spoke to a source late Sunday night who said Mark Stoops has really turned up the heat on Immokalee (Fla.) 4-star cornerback MacKensie Alexander.Stoops, who was one of the point men on Alexander at Florida State and specializes in recruiting defensive backs, is selling him hard on early playing time on offense (wide receiver), defense (cornerback) and in the return game" 247

Touchy bunch and where did I say you were wrong. I agreed but just said I thought it was because of the old staff which just added to what you said. Oh well the Christmas grumps are out today.:ill_h4h:

I wasn't being serious. Plus I'm wrong a lot, I'm married. Merry Christmas, TW!

I was only giving you a hard time and I understand completely. The smartest thing I ever learned is understanding I have no clue and am always wrong. Keeps the wife happy. Merry Christmas

That's right. Trying to win an argument with the wife is a terrible idea.

We feel pretty good about Mack Alexander and to a lesser extent Jalen Ramsey(because he's committed elsewhere)... We'll see what MacKensie thinks after his OV. Ramsey's parents are both pretty sold on wanting him at MSU(I've heard similar about Fla too though). There is some personal discomfort for Jalen about Kiffin's hot seat as well.

The Thorpe is giving us a nice little bump - as is graduating 2 early-round NFL CBs with no real heir-apparents. I could see how the "Banks and Slay were no offer 2*-3*s, just imagine what we could build you into" line has alot more bite now.

And on Banks getting burned - he played injured from the MTSU game on. Left that game with a twisted knee and was about 70% for the remainder of the season. Also had a ton of blown safety assignments with the corners in underneath coverage -- making them look "burned" on plays that were not really his fault. At any rate, I was glad to see him get the Thorpe -- even though I didn't think he really deserved it for this year. In his career? Absolutely.

We feel pretty good about Mack Alexander and to a lesser extent Jalen Ramsey(because he's committed elsewhere)... We'll see what MacKensie thinks after his OV. Ramsey's parents are both pretty sold on wanting him at MSU(I've heard similar about Fla too though). There is some personal discomfort for Jalen about Kiffin's hot seat as well.

The Thorpe is giving us a nice little bump - as is graduating 2 early-round NFL CBs with no real heir-apparents. I could see how the "Banks and Slay were no offer 2*-3*s, just imagine what we could build you into" line has alot more bite now.

And on Banks getting burned - he played injured from the MTSU game on. Left that game with a twisted knee and was about 70% for the remainder of the season. Also had a ton of blown safety assignments with the corners in underneath coverage -- making them look "burned" on plays that were not really his fault. At any rate, I was glad to see him get the Thorpe -- even though I didn't think he really deserved it for this year. In his career? Absolutely.

If Ramsey thinks he's too big for UT, he dang sure isn't going to miss st. Lol

VN Store

Back