' 13 FL CB Mackensie Alexander

All I did was give you our perspective. I was not in any way insulting UT. If you read my post history here, you'll see that I'm not here to stir the pot -- but simply to gain perspective and give a little when I have it.

Fact is that Ramsey has already taken an OV to MSU. He's taken many unofficials to us. He's camped at MSU. We have been recruiting him as hard or harder than anyone else for 2+ years now with nearly full coaching staff continuity. His mom and dad both want him to stay home and seem very, very sold on MSU behind the scenes, but are ultimately letting him make the decision. Ramsey does not "think he's too big for UT." His dad was personally insulted by UT fans on their last visit to Knoxville resulting in what was almost a physical confrontation, and Jalen has a chip on his shoulder about it. That's the real he isn't giving you a serious look. Has nothing to do with coaching staffs, etc.

I think he ultimately sticks with USC so none of this matters.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
All I did was give you our perspective. I was not in any way insulting UT. If you read my post history here, you'll see that I'm not here to stir the pot -- but simply to gain perspective and give a little when I have it.

Fact is that Ramsey has already taken an OV to MSU. He's taken many unofficials to us. He's camped at MSU. We have been recruiting him as hard or harder than anyone else for 2+ years now with nearly full coaching staff continuity. His mom and dad both want him to stay home and seem very, very sold on MSU behind the scenes, but are ultimately letting him make the decision. Ramsey does not "think he's too big for UT." His dad was personally insulted by UT fans on their last visit to Knoxville resulting in what was almost a physical confrontation, and Jalen has a chip on his shoulder about it. That's the real he isn't giving you a serious look. Has nothing to do with coaching staffs, etc.

Well, I atleast agree with ur last sentence..

That's not the only real reason he's not going to UT.. He was never going to UT.

Kentucky hasn't landed many recruits like Mackensie Alexander over the years.

But he's the kind of recruit Mark Stoops and his new staff believe is needed to turn the program around.

The 5-foot-11, 175-pound corner from Immokalee (Fla.) is the nation's No. 39 prospect and the No. 7 overall prospect in the talent-rich state of Florida.

So far he has taken official visits to Texas A&M and Clemson.

"I'm going to take all three [remaining] visits in January," Alexander said. "I do know (where) but I don't want to let it out yet."

Alexander said he has a pretty good idea of which schools will be his finalists as well. But fans will have to wait to find that out as well.

Mackensie Alexander said he could see himself in a rebuilding situation like Kentucky's.
In past years Kentucky may have sent Alexander an offer and then faded into distant memory.

But things feel different now, especially with Alexander. Stoops and new UK defensive coordinator D.J. Eliot knew the four-star prospect well when they were at Florida State and that relationship has helped keep the Wildcats in contention.

"Schools like Kentucky don't get guys like me all the time," Alexander said. "But I think they've got a chance. It's in the SEC.

"You look at the guys there now ... I mean, I've seen them on TV. They've got good kids, but you need ballers that can come over there to change the program. You watch them play this year and they're right there, but they need to get a few ballers."

Most high-profile football recruits ultimately sign with established programs that could conceivably compete for national championships right away. Alexander said it would be a mistake to assume that's the path he's already chosen.

"I can definitely see myself going into a situation like that and changing something around," he said. "It's a great situation."
-Kentucky Rivals

But, but the board elders said Jalen wasn't interested because of this message board even though he referenced a completely different message board. Your take has too much logic and seems more legit. We can't have the posters on here thinking we have little or no say on who ends up at UT or elsewhere.

But, but the board elders said Jalen wasn't interested because of this message board even though he referenced a completely different message board. Your take has too much logic and seems more legit. We can't have the posters on here thinking we have little or no say on who ends up at UT or elsewhere.

I don't know about message boards, but there is no way that he isn't going to UT because of a "confrontation." That is, unless he had issues with coaches. But I think it has been said and pretty clear that someone was in his ear about UT. Best of luck to him, but we need to focus on kids who want to come to UT.

This kid is all over the place. Has been for awhile now. Hopefully CBJ and the staff stay on him. But if I was a fan of any of the teams he mentioned, I wouldn't be confident until he signed a LOI.

Last edited:
This kid is all over the place. Has been for awhile now. Hopefully CBJ and the staff stay on him. But I was a fan of any of the teams he mentioned, I wouldn't be confident until he got his first years grades in at UT .

FYP, haha. True though. Half the battle is keeping these kids in school.

He can do whatever he wants and say every team in the south during his interviews. I just want him to be decked out in orange with a pen in his hand on NSD.

Reactions: 1 person
CU is fading with MA. AU hiring his main recruiters from Clemson and Miss State is HUGE.

They hired his MSU position coach -- not his primary recruiter. His primary recruiter is Tim Brewster. However, I would say it's definitely helped Auburn... especially if they are going hard after Mackenro as well.

VN Store

Back