' 13 FL CB Mackensie Alexander

From Rivals -

One visit to watch this weekend is that of Mackensie Alexander and his brother Mackenro Alexander. The two defensive backs from Immokalee (Fla.) are traveling north to take a look at Rutgers. Mackensie is older and the higher rated of the two, but it doesn't look like the two of them will be going to different schools. Both of them are surely a package deal regardless of the efforts of some other schools to take one but not the other.

The recruitment of the Alexanders has been interesting to say the least. Mackensie has taken official visits to Clemson and Texas A&M but, other than those two schools, he has rarely said he was interested in the same school twice. Once his brother, Mackenro, got the test score he needed to be eligible, the two of them set up official visits to Mississippi State and Rutgers. By all accounts, the visit to Starkville went well and it was rumored that Mackensie committed but that turned out not to be the case.

Even if they really enjoy the visit to Rutgers this weekend, a decision will probably come closer to signing day.

Side note: We have had several players from this area go to WV the last few years so it wouldn't be shocking.

I have never seen a more disfunctional recruit. This kid serious issues when it comes to this process. He's like the kid who loses his train of thought when the new shiny toy appears.

This kid seems like he has no focus on the big picture. I will be surprised if he has a decision by NSD. So much talent, I hope he doesn't blow it.

I have never seen a more disfunctional recruit. This kid serious issues when it comes to this process. He's like the kid who loses his train of thought when the new shiny toy appears.

This seems to be more of an unreasonable parental demand than it is the kid. It appears he is being held back by his brother who didn't apply himself academically to be admitted to a good school.

This seems to be more of an unreasonable parental demand than it is the kid. It appears he is being held back by his brother who didn't apply himself academically to be admitted to a good school.

I can't really relate to having a brother or being a superstar athlete but if I'm in his shoes I would have to tell my family that I have to go to the place that gives me the best chance to be successful. If his brother can't get in then so be it but is playing 3-4 years at a school where his brother will most likely ride the pine more important than playing at a school that gives him a great opportunity to get to the NFL and help out his family for life???

So Bellamy is being called another Da'Rick Rodgers for trying to get followers on twitter, but I haven't seen any DRR references here? This kids brain must have rolled right out of his ear. Hes all over the map!!!

So Bellamy is being called another Da'Rick Rodgers for trying to get followers on twitter, but I haven't seen any DRR references here? This kids brain must have rolled right out of his ear. Hes all over the map!!!

Say whattt? That twitting thing needs to be shut down.

I don't think you have seen much posted of late about the M&M brothers as they were not coming here. JMO

Side note: We have had several players from this area go to WV the last few years so it wouldn't be shocking.

What part of FL do you live in?

On topic: one of his former HS coaches (who is my coach) said that rutgers was no go about a week ago. Apparently they want to go somewhere where it doesn't get cold often... IMO im thinking Mississippi State

Visiting auburn.

Strangest recruitment that I have ever seen. I wonder if he visits whoever pays the most to get his visit? So, instead of getting paid to go to school at a certain place, he gets paid just to visit and then negotiates his worth to sign a LOI to that school. Seriously though, unbelievably strange! Of course, would love to see him come full circle and take his last OV next weekend to UT and re-commit to the Vols!

Strangest recruitment that I have ever seen. I wonder if he visits whoever pays the most to get his visit? So, instead of getting paid to go to school at a certain place, he gets paid just to visit and then negotiates his worth to sign a LOI to that school. Seriously though, unbelievably strange! Of course, would love to see him come full circle and take his last OV next weekend to UT and re-commit to the Vols!

Years ago there was a BB player who was heavily recruited by a number of schools including Bama. Rec ruiters would come to town and take him out to dinner. One of the locals asked him who he was going to sign with. "None of 'em" , he said. "I'm not going to college, I just like eating their steaks." Joined the Fire Department and for two decades you could his stats as a leading scorer in the city league, frequently against teams composed of college players.

Visited the Barn.

“It was a good visit. I enjoyed it,” Alexander said. “Great people. It was a great experience for me to be here. I chose to come here and I was really impressed.

“I just have to go home and think about things now.”

Alexander, who is rated the nation’s No. 4 cornerback and No. 30 overall prospect in the 247Composite, said he spent a lot of time with Auburn assistant coaches Charlie Harbison and Melvin Smith this weekend.

“He’s amazing,” Alexander said of Harbison. “He’s recruited me for at least a year and a half. I came because of those guys. They’ve been recruiting me for a while and I have a great relationship with those guys.”

“That’s the only school I might visit ... maybe, maybe not ... a Big 12 school. We’ll what happens,” he said. “I do love this guy. I do love what he’s done in the past and what he’s doing now.”

In addition to Auburn, Alexander has officially visited Texas A&M, Clemson and Mississippi State. He said those four schools, and potentially the unnamed Big 12 school, make up his finalists.

“Everybody I visit is pretty much on top,” he said. “I just look at it, compare everybody and we’ll see what happens.”

Dude has no idea where he's going. I have a feeling we're going to read stories a year from now about Alexander announcing his transfer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back