'13 DE DB Jahmere Irvin-Sills

I visit for info that is not biased or slanted from the UA point of view. Sorry I like to hear it from all sides and not be a homer. If VN did not want outside rival fans they would not allow us to sign up.

Please in the future feel free to hit the ignore button.:hi:

You forgot to mention that our board is free, and most others are pay sites. Great info. You are right.

"It went well. We talked about school and how they like me and how they want me to come and start fresh with their new defense and coaching staff. It was good," Irvin-Sills said.

"It was an offer and they want me to come and take an official visit in January," Irvin-Sills said.

"Not much, but I have a teammate that his dad played for Tennessee so he's always talking about it. I don't know much, but I plan to know more," Irvin-Sills said. "Right now I'm just chilling but soon I'll be taking my official visits and we'll see from there," Irvin-Sills said. "Tennessee's going to get an official visit. Like the second week of January."

"I'm going to wait until I go on my official visit and see how comfortable I am with the campus and get to know the coaching staff and see where I feel comfortable the most and see where I'll be able to play," Irvin-Sills said.

-VQ

A secondary haul of Camron Sutton, Jaylen Reeves-Maybin, Von Bell and
Jahmere Irvin-Sills would be pretty good.

btw, TideWarrior, I appreciate the info. If I respond like a homer to any comments you make about this school being skeevy, know that it's founded by my uncle and two of its players are my cousins. So I'm assuming I have better information in this particular case. They are having trouble getting a lot of red tape addressed in order to play in Maryland, but I haven't heard anything that indicates eligibility (or other) concerns upon enrolling in college.

I believe I heard the uncle of Irvin (the guy said he now goes by that name) on the radio this morning (am640). He was talking about the school a little and Irvin. Said he thought we could get him and compared him to former LSU DB Mathieu (sp).. Said he was probably 5'8" and used the term "stupid fast" to describe him.. He also said his brother has been able to read a cover 2 defense since middle school or something like that.. He mentioned a video of Irvin (my be in this thread) thats showshim catching a TD pass form his brother.. He said on that one play his brother looked off more receivers than Bray did all year.. Haaaaaa...

One more thing, he said he tried to tell Dooley about him and how if he got him it would probably put him in real good shape with the brother..
Dooley pretty much said no thanks and blew him off.. Go figure...

Jones has recruited alot of those kids and this kid was an AU recruit and now UT has AU staff member on it. So they had no issues before so I doubt now they do as well. But a lot of schools including many SEC schools(except AU) backed away from these kids. Just saying

Cheek is running ut. No way this happens with the academic handcuffs and everything

Watch it happen gator. Things aren't fixed 100% but the boosters are putting Cheek in his place. If this kid wants to be at UT he'll get in.

Reactions: 1 person
I believe I heard the uncle of Irvin (the guy said he now goes by that name) on the radio this morning (am640). He was talking about the school a little and Irvin. Said he thought we could get him and compared him to former LSU DB Mathieu (sp).. Said he was probably 5'8" and used the term "stupid fast" to describe him.. He also said his brother has been able to read a cover 2 defense since middle school or something like that.. He mentioned a video of Irvin (my be in this thread) thats showshim catching a TD pass form his brother.. He said on that one play his brother looked off more receivers than Bray did all year.. Haaaaaa...

One more thing, he said he tried to tell Dooley about him and how if he got him it would probably put him in real good shape with the brother..

His borther is actually his adopted brother who committed to USC and Kiffin.

I really doubt he tried to get Dooley on David. Dooley arrived at UT on Jan 15th 2010. David Sills at the age 13 committed to Kiffin and USC on Feb 10 2010. If Kiffin would have stayed at UT maybe, but Sills and his father are big Kiffin & USC fans. Unless Kiffin is gone by the time the 2015 class signs Sills will play QB at USC and even than I think he still goes to USC.

Cheek is running ut. No way this happens with the academic handcuffs and everything

I would love to see Cheek try and pull some crap like that right now. Jones should go after every borderline kid he can just to taunt Cheek. If Cheek does something like that to the new coach it will be all the boosters need to end his tenure.

Again the concern is the school is part of National Connections, which is a legit virtual school setting. The problem comes from the NCAA and what they determine is legit and what is not. Alfy Hill went to a public HS in NC but the school was very small and they offered courses through the same program. He enrolled at UA passed all his summer classes and in August that year was ruled academically ineligible and was forced to JUCO. So the risk is dealing with the NCAA and the Clearing House.

The reason ECA has raised alot of redflags was because of what happened with Red Lion CA in Deleware and the church based groups that were funding the scholarships of recruited football players. The main people who ran these groups left and went across statelines to start this school. It may well be legit and in the best interest of these players. Everything on the surface seems legit but because of the rise of these basketball factories and diploma mills in the past few years a school like this will have eyes look your way. They only have about 50 students, all who play football.

Again the concern is trying to figure out what the NCAA and the Clearinghouse will do. On another site a writer for 247(mainly WVU) stated that they were being looked at to address any concerns that could cause problems with academic eligibilty. Not sure why because you see kids go to military schools who could not even get into JUCO and after 1 semester are DI bound.

Eastern Christian Academy is H.S. football's virtual powerhouse - SI.com - Magazine

Last edited:

I didn't hear the call, but I've heard this story. It's my Dad (David and Jahmere's Uncle) who called in.

His borther is actually his adopted brother who committed to USC and Kiffin.

I really doubt he tried to get Dooley on David. Dooley arrived at UT on Jan 15th 2010. David Sills at the age 13 committed to Kiffin and USC on Feb 10 2010. If Kiffin would have stayed at UT maybe, but Sills and his father are big Kiffin & USC fans. Unless Kiffin is gone by the time the 2015 class signs Sills will play QB at USC and even than I think he still goes to USC.

Sills' Uncle is a huge UT fan and tried to get Dooley to recruit both David and Jahmere. Dooley blew him off. Story is all true.

Also, David IV isn't a huge USC fan. He's a huge fan of the kind of offense that Kiffin runs. David V is a USC fan. They started getting good right when he started watching football.

Again the concern is the school is part of National Connections, which is a legit virtual school setting. The problem comes from the NCAA and what they determine is legit and what is not. Alfy Hill went to a public HS in NC but the school was very small and they offered courses through the same program. He enrolled at UA passed all his summer classes and in August that year was ruled academically ineligible and was forced to JUCO. So the risk is dealing with the NCAA and the Clearing House.

The reason ECA has raised alot of redflags was because of what happened with Red Lion CA in Deleware and the church based groups that were funding the scholarships of recruited football players. The main people who ran these groups left and went across statelines to start this school. It may well be legit and in the best interest of these players. Everything on the surface seems legit but because of the rise of these basketball factories and diploma mills in the past few years a school like this will have eyes look your way. They only have about 50 students, all who play football.

Again the concern is trying to figure out what the NCAA and the Clearinghouse will do. On another site a writer for 247(mainly WVU) stated that they were being looked at to address any concerns that could cause problems with academic eligibilty. Not sure why because you see kids go to military schools who could not even get into JUCO and after 1 semester are DI bound.

Eastern Christian Academy is H.S. football's virtual powerhouse - SI.com - Magazine

This all matches up pretty well with what I've heard from our end. It's all legit, but David is having a hard time convincing people it's legit. Every time he finishes taking care of all the red tape, they drop a whole bunch more on him. I haven't heard about any NCAA involvement, but the state of Maryland isn't happy about a football factory competing against them, even if it is all run with an attempt to get under-privileged kids into college.

I didn't hear the call, but I've heard this story. It's my Dad (David and Jahmere's Uncle) who called in.

Sills' Uncle is a huge UT fan and tried to get Dooley to recruit both David and Jahmere. Dooley blew him off. Story is all true.

Also, David IV isn't a huge USC fan. He's a huge fan of the kind of offense that Kiffin runs. David V is a USC fan. They started getting good right when he started watching football.

No use arguing with him.. I guess he missed the part about me hearing your dad on the radio.. He will probably ignore that you are their cousin and come back and disagree with you..

I usually appreciate whatTideWarrior brings in the way of info but sometimes he comes across as a know it all douche..

Reactions: 2 people
No use arguing with him.. I guess he missed the part about me hearing your dad on the radio.. He will probably ignore that you are their cousin and come back and disagree with you..

I usually appreciate whatTideWarrior brings in the way of info but sometimes he comes across as a know it all douche..

So true.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back