'13 CA OL Chongo Kondolo (Nebraska commit)

Kondolo is a 2-year guy and the Vols are right up at the top with him, with Nebraska and possibly Oklahoma depending on what he does. I wonder, depending on the vibe Tennessee gets from Skipper tonight, if they don't possibly push for Kondolo soon if Skipper tells them he's unlikely to be a Vol.
-Paul Fortenberry, (VolQuest.com).

-Paul Fortenberry, (VolQuest.com).

Question: Chongo is a guard/center
Skipper is a tackle

Unless it is strictly OL #s, how does one affect the other?

I can see Skipper/Morris as they are same position, but not Kondolo/Skipper.

Any I missing something?

:bump3: Need to make this dude a Vol, especially now that Skipper has skipped over to Arky.

The 6-foot-4, 290-pound lineman, who is originally from Texas, said he had a great time on his visit to Nebraska and currently has the Huskers in his top two schools along with Tennessee. He plans on taking one more visit before making a final decision around the end of January.

Kondolo has Nebraska and Tennessee in his top two going into his final official visit.
"My visit to Nebraska compares well to Tennessee and those two are in the lead," Kondolo said. "Nebraska has great facilities and really good academic support. They have proven that they graduate their players.

Aside from impressive facilities and academic support, Kondolo said he took notice of the overall family atmosphere that seemed to surround the players and coaches.

"I felt like it was a family atmosphere," Kondolo said. "I got along real with all of the players and everyone. They welcome everyone in and make you feel comfortable. Everything was just real loose and fun."

As a junior college prospect, playing time is somewhat of a priority. Kondolo said the Nebraska talked to him about possibly coming in and making an early impact at a couple of positions.

"They talked to me about playing guard and even possibly center because I can snap the ball," Kondolo said. "They mainly talked about playing guard because that left guard spot is coming open.

"I played tackle in high school then I was a guard at Fresno my first year. Then this past year they moved me back to tackle so I can can play wherever."

-Husker Rivals

The 6-foot-4, 290-pound lineman, who is originally from Texas, said he had a great time on his visit to Nebraska and currently has the Huskers in his top two schools along with Tennessee. He plans on taking one more visit before making a final decision around the end of January.

Kondolo has Nebraska and Tennessee in his top two going into his final official visit.
"My visit to Nebraska compares well to Tennessee and those two are in the lead," Kondolo said. "Nebraska has great facilities and really good academic support. They have proven that they graduate their players.

Aside from impressive facilities and academic support, Kondolo said he took notice of the overall family atmosphere that seemed to surround the players and coaches.

"I felt like it was a family atmosphere," Kondolo said. "I got along real with all of the players and everyone. They welcome everyone in and make you feel comfortable. Everything was just real loose and fun."

As a junior college prospect, playing time is somewhat of a priority. Kondolo said the Nebraska talked to him about possibly coming in and making an early impact at a couple of positions.

"They talked to me about playing guard and even possibly center because I can snap the ball," Kondolo said. "They mainly talked about playing guard because that left guard spot is coming open.

"I played tackle in high school then I was a guard at Fresno my first year. Then this past year they moved me back to tackle so I can can play wherever."

-Husker Rivals

It gets awfully cold in Lincoln Nebraska. I'm talking about below 0 cold. I've spent some time there and never want to do it again :eek:hmy::eek:hmy:

Bunch of OL redshirted.

Yes, but after next year, we will have 3 seniors: Tiny (who may go pro early), M. Jackon (who should be solid) and Pair (who to this point has not been good enough to see the field). We'll have 3 juniors: Crowder, Kerbyson, and Posey.

That's only 6 players, including one who may go pro, one who doesn't look like an SEC caliber player, and 3 who have yet to prove that they are SEC caliber players (Crowder, Kerbyson, and Posey). If we have any injuries, defections, or busts from that group, we are looking at playing underclassmen or JUCOs.

Make no mistake about it. Not taking a single O-lineman last year was a BAD decision.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back