'13 CA OL Chongo Kondolo (Nebraska commit)

Would feel a lot better about taking this guy instead of Clay, at least this kid has some legit D-1 offers. Hope we can lock him up this weekend, then take Morris & be done on the OL.

Sanders
Morris
Wiesman
Kendrick
Kondolo.

That gives you 2 tackles (Sanders, Morris) & 3 guards (Wiesman, Kendrick, Kondolo). I actually think Wiesman could eventually move to Center if need be.

Offers don't even play a factor, this guy is just better than Clay based on film alone. He shows good power and drive throughput his blocks. He needs to be a guard though. Chance Warmack was a 3-star and now he is arguably the best guard/OL in the SEC. In terms of OL it matters most what you do when you get to the school and how hard you work, and not as much how you are rated. Stars matter more with skill positions.

Is there a chance he would RS?

They'll more than likely have to try to sell him on that. They can promise open competition for starting slots but let's be realistic. I don't see him beating out anyone on the line ATP. I don't know if we can sell a JUCO on waiting to play.

They'll more than likely have to try to sell him on that. They can promise open competition for starting slots but let's be realistic. I don't see him beating out anyone on the line ATP. I don't know if we can sell a JUCO on waiting to play.

Could see him battling with Jackson.

I don't think so. Marcus Jackson will surprise a lot of people this year. I don't expect a drop off at all. Thomas was solid at LG but I like Jackson's potential. He was one of the strongest guys on the team as a freshman.

Candygram for Chongo! Candygram for Chongo.....Chongo like candy....

Chongo would really lighten the mood of VN....

I would take this guy based on name alone

Agreed... we're all waiting for the Chongo "Mongo themed" shirts. ; )> I also wonder if his middle name has any other vowels aside from "o". Bet he has one loopy signature.

Agreed... we're all waiting for the Chongo "Mongo themed" shirts. ; )> I also wonder if his middle name has any other vowels aside from "o". Bet he has one loopy signature.

Linemen named Chongo have no need for nicknames.

Iirc, the actor playing Mongo was a UM/NFL lineman...

I posted this earlier....

MongoBut200JPG.jpg

RIP Alex Karras.

I'm a bit surprised they are bringing in Kondolo this weekend. I don't think he will commit but I think they get a feel from him this weekend and can deal with Skipper accordingly next week.
-Hubbs

VN Store

Back