'13 AL RB Johnathan Ford (no longer a Vandy commit)

Lol if he visits Auburn he's going to sign with Auburn lol.

The day a recruit's "word" that they're solid means anything I'll bare knuckle box Otha Peters.

Certainly shutting down his recruitment and flipping to us is best case. I just don't think we have the long term relationship in place to convince him to do that. IMO if he shuts it down its vandy. Our best hope is auburn doesn't do it for him.

Certainly shutting down his recruitment and flipping to us is best case. I just don't think we have the long term relationship in place to convince him to do that. IMO if he shuts it down its vandy. Our best hope is auburn doesn't do it for him.

I disagree. Like someone else said, we would be best served by him not visiting Auburn because of pressure from Franklin. Let him stay home and think about UT vs Vandy for a couple of weeks.

I'm not making predictions anymore, but I'd be pretty surprised if he visited Auburn and didn't end up there.

I disagree. Like someone else said, we would be best served by him not visiting Auburn because of pressure from Franklin. Let him stay home and think about UT vs Vandy for a couple of weeks.

I'm not making predictions anymore, but I'd be pretty surprised if he visited Auburn and didn't end up there.

Franklin forcing him to shut it down could certainly work in our favor as long as the kid keeps communicating with us. Shutting it entirely down is a possibly IMO

Everyone has a different opinion. I respect Bruins opinion on this matter. I just don't agree with it. Auburn is always capable of fielding a good team. I count last year as more of a fluke as far as Auburns ability to be competitive. Personally, I do not feel the need to hope they get a chance at a kid that could make them better. Especially if the same kid could make us better.

Reactions: 2 people
Probably good thing I am not a coach. I would have a set date where I would tell recruits if you take visits after this date, you are not promised a spot come NSD. Something like Jan. 1st, 10th, or around there. These kids have a year and a half or more to take visits. Waiting till 2 weeks before NSD is trouble waiting to happen for a coaching staff. JMO

Probably good thing I am not a coach. I would have a set date where I would tell recruits if you take visits after this date, you are not promised a spot come NSD. Something like Jan. 1st, 10th, or around there. These kids have a year and a half or more to take visits. Waiting till 2 weeks before NSD is trouble waiting to happen for a coaching staff. JMO

Haha college football is not for you

Reactions: 1 person

Hilarious to think ol' James might pull the scholly. If your thinking as a coach is legit we wouldn't have a shot at Lawson or Bellamy.

Hilarious to think ol' James might pull the scholly. If your thinking as a coach is legit we wouldn't have a shot at Lawson or Bellamy.

I did not say I would not allow other schools commits to visit. I would consider opening the spots up for kids committed to my team/school who choose to take the late visits. When a kid has been committed for months and 2 weeks before NSD decides to take 2-3 trips out of the blue, your setting yourself up to be a player short.

would you, as the coach, to make a similar agreement with your commits? coaches are just as douchey when it comes to "honoring" commitments.

would you, as the coach, to make a similar agreement with your commits? coaches are just as douchey when it comes to "honoring" commitments.

If you have ever read any of my posts concerning cutting kids loose who chose to be a VOL, you would know I would have no issue standing by my commits. IMO, if as a coach I took the kids commitment, he will be part of my class UNLESS he starts taking visits. I am a firm believer in kids should not commit at all until they have taken their trips, IF they plan to take any.

Only way franklin is taking away ford offer is if ford told him to kick rocks vols butch! You don't tell that kid bye when your vandy

If you have ever read any of my posts concerning cutting kids loose who chose to be a VOL, you would know I would have no issue standing by my commits. IMO, if as a coach I took the kids commitment, he will be part of my class UNLESS he starts taking visits. I am a firm believer in kids should not commit at all until they have taken their trips, IF they plan to take any.

fair enough

"We're trying to talk to him but last night he and his family wanted some time to think things over. I think Ford really likes Tennessee, but some around him want him to explore Auburn."

- Fortenberry

VN Store

Back