'13 AL RB Johnathan Ford (no longer a Vandy commit)

Franklin will fill him with trepidation about missing out on the Vandy legacy of barely winning seasons and he will soon solidify himself as a commode door

Talk it over???? Seems to be between us and Vandy!!! Think this is good news!!! From article CJF wanted him firm by today and sounds like he didn't get it!!! Hope this is good news for us!!!

General thought amongst the Vandy fan(s?) was that he would be rock solid after this visit. Him still contemplating and not visiting Auburn means that the only other school that could really be on his mind is us.

I could see that another way. Franklin may have told him his offer is at risk if he takes more visits. He may be trying to decide if the Auburn trip is worth jeopardizing his Vandy offer. Plausible?

He did grow up a Auburn fan. I know he said he may not go on anymore trips but I wouldn't count them out.

Reactions: 1 person
I could see that another way. Franklin may have told him his offer is at risk if he takes more visits. He may be trying to decide if the Auburn trip is worth jeopardizing his Vandy offer. Plausible?

Possible, but from what I heard Franklin was saying that he had to pledge his allegiance to Vandy and kiss Franklin's pinky ring or it was all over for him. Either Franklin backed away from his bluff or you're right.

Vandy: where 8-4 is pretty much on par with a national championship. Who could turn down such an illustrious history??

You know, at least IMO, that's the high water mark for Vandy...that's as good as it gets and when you start talking 10 win seasons you are talking about BCS territory. I know people like to say Vandy is similar to Stanford...but Vandy ain't drawing from the most populous talent laden recruiting state in the US. If Franklin does it again we'll see...but I'd bet any amount of money it ain't happening.

I think that would be good news for Tennessee and Vanderbilt. Honestly, my conversation with him tonight was for about 45 seconds. He was extremely polite and just asked for some time. And said he wasn't sure of anything this week in terms of coaches visit or official visit.

- Hubbs

I was told he was on the verge of flipping to UT prior to the AU offer

- Holder

Given history, it is unlikely that Vandy will beat the Vols again until sometime after his legacy son finishes his eligibility there.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm going to play Devil's advocate on this one. What if Franklin is the one pulling the strings and wants to build up the hype for a Vandy hat picked over a TN hat. I hope Ford is considering TN, but

I'm going to play Devil's advocate on this one. What if Franklin is the one pulling the strings and wants to build up the hype for a Vandy hat picked over a TN hat. I hope Ford is considering TN, but

Firstly, almost no one watches those hat ceremonies (I do...but only the guys we are after) and only a select few are even filmed. Secondly, it looks bad for Vandy to have one of their commits wavering...that is never a good thing, no matter what hat he chooses in the end. Thirdly, Franklin looks like a desperate bully by threatening to pull an offer if a teenager can't decided by a certain date where he wants to spend the next 4 years of his life.

If this really is a smokescreen...Franklin is a bigger dork than I previously thought.

Firstly, almost no one watches those hat ceremonies (I do...but only the guys we are after) and only a select few are even filmed. Secondly, it looks bad for Vandy to have one of their commits wavering...that is never a good thing, no matter what hat he chooses in the end. Thirdly, Franklin looks like a desperate bully by threatening to pull an offer if a teenager can't decided by a certain date where he wants to spend the next 4 years of his life.

If this really is a smokescreen...Franklin is a bigger dork than I previously thought.

Yeah the national signing day ceremonies are seen by very few considering most of the hat selections take place during the middle of a weekday when most are working or at school.

Yeah the national signing day ceremonies are seen by very few considering most of the hat selections take place during the middle of a weekday when most are working or at school.

This is true, but in the teen aged mind, he gets to be on TV and have his 30 seconds of fame. I don't believe this is what Ford is doing, but it makes many prospects feel important.

This is true, but in the teen aged mind, he gets to be on TV and have his 30 seconds of fame. I don't believe this is what Ford is doing, but it makes many prospects feel important.

Oh yeah I understand it from the prospects POV, hopefully Ford chooses UT so he gets to experience much more than 30 seconds of fame.

I think if he visits AU, he commits to them. With Wilkins going elsewhere, it sets up well for Ford to take the spot. I think Ford is looking for somewhere other than Vandy to play ball. UT was an option, AU will be where he ends up.

Disagree. Hubbs said he was on the verge of flipping us before he got his auburn offer.

I just don't see ford shutting down his recruitment unless he is solid to vandy. I think we can flip him but I don't think our relationship is solid enough to convince him to shut it down all together.

Perhaps Franklin is helping us here. Having him shut it down because his Auburn home school has Franklin nervous. But, no Auburn and more time for UT to recruit and flip him.

It almost seems lose lose for us in the sense if he shuts Aubbie out because of Franklin then he is Vandy. If he goes to Auburn, then home school thing.

So, don't like how this is going but not going to Aubbie I think helps us more.

VN Store

Back