'12 VA DT Korren Kirven (Bama signee)

The chances that he goes anywhere but Va Tech are slim anyway. If we hire Shannon he might want to change his mind.

Doesn't Sunseri recruit the mid-Atlantic for Bama? If so I'd expect that to change.

Yeah, that's what I thought^^^

Yeah elite recruits just poured into Alabama during the early 2000's.

That's cute, but you are being intentionally dense. Did Sunseri recruit at Alabama in the early 2000's? Let me correct my statement for you: Jerry Sandusky could be a very good recruiter at Bama right now. That better for you, ace?

That's cute, but you are being intentionally dense. Did Sunseri recruit at Alabama in the early 2000's? Let me correct my statement for you: Jerry Sandusky could be a very good recruiter at Bama right now. That better for you, ace?

Yeah, but does Sandusky have the seven successful years of experience in the NFL that Sunseri has to pitch? Was Sandusky in the running to be Panthers next head coach when john fox was let go? Yes, at the moment it is not that hard to recruit to bama, yet there is a reason that Sunseri was named recruiter of the year and not anybody else on that staff. Bottom line is that sunseri has alot to pitch to recruits whether he is at bama or not. There is no reason to thing that he would not be a very good recruiter here as well.

Yeah, but does Sandusky have the seven successful years of experience in the NFL that Sunseri has to pitch? Was Sandusky in the running to be Panthers next head coach when john fox was let go? Yes, at the moment it is not that hard to recruit to bama, yet there is a reason that Sunseri was named recruiter of the year and not anybody else on that staff. Bottom line is that sunseri has alot to pitch to recruits whether he is at bama or not. There is no reason to thing that he would not be a very good recruiter here as well.

I agree 100%. I know something that he can talk about over the next few weeks when closing out our recruiting class...that National Championship he just won.. Something tells me recruits will like to hear more about that experience...jmo

I agree with your last statement, as you phrased it. There is no reason to think that he would not be a very good recruiter here. I'm just saying there is also no reason to believe he (or anyone on our staff) will be Rivals 2013 Recruiter of the Year here, either.

But we digress. This is supposed to be KK's thread. Hopefully he will back up your confidence in CSS.

I agree 100%. I know something that he can talk about over the next few weeks when closing out our recruiting class...that National Championship he just won.. Something tells me recruits will like to hear more about that experience...jmo

Winning is contagious. We need to catch it.

All of this talk will be even more fun if he actually is the DC hire.

All of this talk will be even more fun if he actually is the DC hire.

Sunseri will be our new DC -- it has been confirmed, at least to my total satisfaction. LWS confirmed it tonight.

Considering our position in the world at the moment and the trouble Dooley has had in getting interest, Sunseri is a home run, especially with our recruits on the defensive side of the ball. Nothing is more credible to an 18 year old kid that a newly minted National Championship.

I fully expect his hire to solidify Santos, McNeil and Peters and open up a chance with Kirven especially, but possibly also with Shanks and Tomlinson as well. Sunseri should at least get us a long look from R Brown and perhaps some others that we are not in on now.

As I said, all things considered, Sunseri is a great hire.

mlsoft

Last edited:
Is there any info whether or not he is taking an official with us this weekend?

He is supposed to be here this weekend according to TOS. Kirven is supposed to be in Knoxville by today.

VN Store

Back