'12 TN QB Patton Robinette

I had to take the ACT twice to get my score up to a 36..... you know, add both scores together.

Reactions: 1 person
Great high school QB. Not SEC material. Will do well in FCS. If I were him I'd weight my Ivy League offers and jump on one.

And to think he repeated 8th grade....(and no, I'm not kidding).

What 2012 prospect are you most anxious to see in person this spring?

Keith Niebuhr: Maryville (Tenn.) quarterback Patton Robinette. Although he has only one offer to date (Arkansas State), Robinette is drawing a lot of attention right now. And it's easy to see why. His highlights are incredibly impressive, as is what he accomplished last fall in his first season as a starting quarterback. Robinette looks like a complete quarterback with a very high upside, and I'm anxious to see him up close.

Rivals.com Football Recruiting - Roundtable: Looking ahead to 2012

Interesting that he's being mentioned along with a slew of 5-stars.

I dont think that Patton is the states best QB, but he doesnt have more intangibles and more upside down the road than the kid who I think is the top QB prospect in the state which is Voytik.......

Tennessee already have several QBs who have already gotten offers.....5-6 QBs already have offers....from schools...

This kid sounds alot like Brent Burnette minus the ACT score. If reports of his attitude and the way he carries himself are true then we don't need him. Brent Burnette was the same way and look where he ended up at.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

This kid sounds alot like Brent Burnette minus the ACT score. If reports of his attitude and the way he carries himself are true then we don't need him. Brent Burnette was the same way and look where he ended up at.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Brent is playing at Colorado........fwiw

I think we will eventually end up taking Robinette or Voytik. Robinette probably is higher on the list. Its just going to be hard to get a top QB to come here this year.

I think we will eventually end up taking Robinette or Voytik. Robinette probably is higher on the list. Its just going to be hard to get a top QB to come here this year.

right Tennessee's depth chart at QB is not favorably right now with Bray as a soph and Worley as a frosh.....there are other situations that kids can look at where they would get to play more early.....Tennessee is not set up for that right now...

It shouldn't be.

Also, what makes you think he would be ahead of Voytik?

PATTON ROBINETTE, 6-4/190, PQB, MARYVILLE (TENN.)
Robinette highlights
OFFERS: Has recently been offered by Arkansas State and Memphis.
STRENGTHS: Robinette has excellent height and above-average mobility for a pro-style quarterback. His mechanics look very solid and he displayed excellent arm strength with uncanny accuracy.
WEAKNESSES: Almost every snap is taken in the shotgun so he may need some seasoning under center since he best projects in a pro-style offense. He is also a bit thin so adding size and strength will help with durability. This was also his first year as a starter so the question will be if he duplicate the success as a senior. Does his academic IQ translate to football IQ?
CONCLUSION: One thing is for sure, academics will not be a hurdle for any college in his recruitment. Any college, from Army to Michigan to Yale has something to offer this scholar. I really feel his stock will skyrocket once he hits the camp circuit and competes alongside some of the more heralded quarterbacks. I can see his stock reaching the heights of a midlevel four-star (5.8/5.9) while becoming a national recruit.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1193325

VN Store

Back