'12 SC DT David Deleon

early current Top 5 list it would be Texas Tech, Wake Forest, Illinois, Tennessee, and

Given the fact that he and Martin Aiken share quite a few of the same scholarship offers has the duo thought about or talked about playing together on the college level possibly?

"Yes sir."

Scout.com: 1on1 With Bamberg DT David Deleon

State champ in wrestling. could explain his weight.

This would be accurate if past recruiting classes provided the depth that's necessary right now. We may be close to capacity scholarship wise but this is deceiving because many are not the kind of solid contributors we need. See the '09 class for an example of what I mean.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

This.

Quick question regarding the potentially much smaller signing class for 2012 previously mentioned.

If it begins to look like space is becoming an issue based on the number of high quality recruits CDD & Co. have wanting to commit to UT by NSD 2013, would they be able/allowed to kick some folks to the curb that have been in the program for a few years, but just haven't found a way to compete at a high enough level to break into a 2 deep rotation? I assume he could privately encourage such players to consider opting for a transfer to a JC or elsewhere fairly early on next season if he sees this becoming an issue. If 3-5 guys did transfer at that point, would we be allowed to bring in 3-5 more recruits in turn?

I think yes, as long as we are under the 25+backcount number and the 85 number. Thus, if we only have room for 20 right now, but we loose 5 between now and NSD, then we can sign 25 on NSD.

I haven't been following recruiting long enough to have experienced this issue previously and if we still have DT, DE, LB, & TE as positions of need by mid-season, wouldn't it make sense to start building a little more room in the class to ensure these needs have the best chance of being filled?

Only if we are making room by cutting ties with guys who don't contribute.

Also, when do you all think we will see our first commit for this year? Any guesses as to who it will be?

No idea.

I got so pumped and excited on NSD, but felt a bit let down that we didn't land a big DT. I'm ready to experience some recruiting excitement again already!

Patience! It will start up again with Junior Day this weekend.

Go Vols!

+1

Was in Knoxville for Junior Day.

On Tennessee:

"I like the facilities, and they're like a family up there. You don't get treated like everything is sweet. It's going to be hard in practice, and that's how I like it."

4 early favorites are Colorado, Illinois, Tennessee and Texas Tech...

Of those four programs, all but the Volunteers , whom Deleon visited last week, have offered.

But …

"It's very, very likely [they will]," Deleon predicted. "I went there and it was great. The head coach [Derek Dooley] talked to me and told me he wanted me to get up there for a spring practice."

-rivals

Observations: DeLeon has numerous offers but has yet to earn one from Clemson or South Carolina mainly because of his height. However, at the camp he looked closer to 6-foot-2 than his listed height. He was very aggressive and powerful as an inside rusher in one-on-ones. DeLeon has light feet for a tackle, has a strong motor and showed good endurance and quickness off the snap. He also took a rep on the offensive line and won by using his lateral quickness.
- Rivals

“They’re high up there,” he said, adding that he has yet to identify any current front-runners because he’s “just looking at my options” right now. “(I like) their family feel. They treat you like a family. They tell you that it’s not going to be easy, and I like that a lot.”

-gvx247
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back