'12 SC DE Martin Aiken

Observations: Aiken was at the South Carolina Gamecocks scrimmage early in the morning so he missed the camp's testing, but it didn't matter. The defensive end arrived in time to show off his agility and footwork in drills. In the one-on-ones, he showed his quickness as well as a mean streak. After dominating his first couple of reps, he was beaten by Jonathan McLaughlin on a couple of reps and simply got angry and determined. From that point on, Aiken didn't lose another rep and destroyed everyone, including McLaughlin. Aiken even took a turn as an offensive tackle and annihilated his opponent with a great punch and aggressive style. Aiken took home the defensive line MVP award over a strong group and with a good frame, long arms and broad shoulders, he looks like the next great one out of Bamberg-Ehrhardt following Ricky Sapp and Daquan Bowers.
- Rivals

He said UT was on another level vs USClite. That seems to be a common theme on kids that visited USC recently and showed up to UT this past weekend.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

That will always be the case. UT has excellent facilities. We're trying to catch up, but we have many miles to go.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

"I grew up liking Clemson," he said. "I like the whole family atmosphere. You are all-in or you are not. That's how it's supposed to be. We also ate lunch and hopped on the bus and saw Vickery Hall. It was a good day."

Who leads now?

"Clemson's still a school I'm most definitely going to consider," Aiken said. "I like them, South Carolina, Georgia Tech and Auburn. Those are four schools I'm looking at hard and I'm really open to everyone. I'll probably decide before my senior season."
- Rivals

Aiken said he loves how Clemson stresses academics.

When is it ever going to click in these kids heads that Clemson will never be a big time football program? They land top prospects every year & every year they underachieve.

- Rivals

Aiken said he loves how Clemson stresses academics.

When is it ever going to click in these kids heads that Clemson will never be a big time football program? They land top prospects every year & every year they underachieve.

:yes:

To put it mildly, he's a beast. At 6-foot-3, 245 pounds, Aiken has a great frame and is built like a rock. He's strong, has quick feet and really gets after it. Aiken is closing in on two dozen offers and I can certainly see why.
-Niebuhr.

“I don’t have any favorites right now,” Aiken said.

What’s he looking for in a school for the next level?

“I want a good school, academically. I want to make sure they’ve got the family atmosphere that I’m looking for and the coaches are going to push me to be better,” Aiken said.
- Scout

Coaches from Clemson, Alabama, Uconn, Texas Tech, & Tennessee visited w/ Aiken last week. He is expecting coaches from Illinois & FSU to come by next week.

Translation: It will be hard for UT to sign Aiken because he really likes the instate schools (South Carolina and Clemson).

SIAP but '12 Martin Aiken is cousins with '14 Kevin Crosby, who will be one of the top prospects in the nation when the time comes. It would be great to get a jumpstart on his recruitment by grabbing Aiken.

VN Store

Back