'12 PF Phillip Nolan

bleedingTNorange

Phillip Nolan
Class of 2012
6'10 205lbs
#23 PF
Grade-91

Most schools didn't expect four-star prospect Phillip Nolan to qualify academically. Now it is looking like the 6-foot-10 center out of Milwaukee (Wis.) Riverside University High School will qualify, kick-starting his recruitment into high gear. Memphis, Minnesota, Missouri, Oklahoma and Tennessee amongst others are jumping into the mix.

-Rivals

here's his profile from ESPN:

Strengths:
Phillip is a very skilled combo post player. He can actually play all 3 front court positions. He is left handed and is probably best as a power forward where he can put the ball on the floor and get to the basket and shoot the 15 footer. Nolan can score some on the low post but he prefers to hover outside the free throw line. He is a solid face up shooter with range to 15 feet and continues to improve that aspect of his game.

Weaknesses:
Nolan definitely needs to get stronger. His frame is very thin and he struggles to compete in the wars in the paint right now. At his size, in order to be a more complete player he will need to improve his strength so he can to be more of a factor in the paint. He is skilled but needs to improve his body and toughness.

Bottom Line:
Phillip Nolan is a talent. He is a mis match for most post players because he is very quick and has a solid handle for a power forward. He is a decent shooter to 15 feet which makes him an offensive weapon. As he becomes stronger and more assertive look for his stock and ranking to rise. Nolan is a solid athlete that has a great upside.

Do we have a shot? When is the deadline for him to decide?

Could be a good get. The Vols have brought in good things from Milwaukee before.

Thats a big PF. And he can play all 3 front court positions? me like.

Yes! I love players like this. Sounds like he hit a big growth spurt and shot up. Not saying he's anything like Anthony Davis but I really like kids that's played multiple positions, keep growing, and still have the skills for the other positions. We could do so many things with a quick big man like this.

edit...nvm. Scout profile needs to be updated. Kid has offers from a lot of places already.

“Missouri, Memphis and Tennessee, those are the three schools that are showing the most interest,’ Nolan said.

-3/1/12

“Missouri, Memphis and Tennessee, those are the three schools that are showing the most interest,’ Nolan said.

-3/1/12

Where does this leave us with Mitchell and it seems like CCM expects a couple schollies to open up.

Where does this leave us with Mitchell and it seems like CCM expects a couple schollies to open up.

Can you please bump the Landry thread for me? I searched with no luck, and went three pages back looking with same results.

i still think we are in mitchells top list from what ive gathered.

mitchell just got done taking 2 official visits though, one to FSU and the other to Maryland.

Personally, id prefer Nolan, i just think hes much more ready to play, Mitchell definitely needs to improve his physique and endurance.

ive been saying for awhile, i think out of miller, chievous, washpun, reese and yemi we probably wont see atleast 2 of them next year.

also, theres still that possibility that Hall doesnt return, but i still think he comes back imo.

i still think we are in mitchells top list from what ive gathered.

mitchell just got done taking 2 official visits though, one to FSU and the other to Maryland.

Personally, id prefer Nolan, i just think hes much more ready to play, Mitchell definitely needs to improve his physique and endurance.

ive been saying for awhile, i think out of miller, chievous, washpun, reese and yemi we probably wont see atleast 2 of them next year.

also, theres still that possibility that Hall doesnt return, but i still think he comes back imo.

If Zo find a decent pg, Washpun is definitely gone. I thought Chievous was kicked off anyway? One of Yemi and Miller stays for sure

If Zo find a decent pg, Washpun is definitely gone. I thought Chievous was kicked off anyway? One of Yemi and Miller stays for sure

if i had to bet...

wes and miller i would say are gone

i have heard both sides on chievous. some say hes at the games sitting with stanton, others say hes not. CCM hasnt helped the situation by not mentioning his name even one time.

id like to bring in fabyon harris, why i dont know. but hes just one of those random guys i really want haha

I would assume that this guy becomes the focus with Mitchell committing to Maryland.

he is redshirting, or was. supposedly he got into a fight with stokes and is/was kicked off the team.

nothing official yet.

he is definently not off the team. i watched the sec diaries today from new orleans and cheivious was practicing with the bright blue shoes from maui and he is also in some of the photos

VN Store

Back