'12 NJ DE Darius Hamilton

hahaha. I like Yuri Wright a ton as well. Has to be more than the last name.

I feel like we are in it for so many top D recruits that we have to hit some really great players this class.

#6 DE on ESPN:

Hamilton is a prospect who seems to fit the mold of the type of defensive linemen that have been coming out of Don Bosco the last few seasons though he is arguably the best defensive line prospect to come out of the school since 2007. He is a kid that is going to line up and get after it and will play the game pretty well. He plays inside for his high school and with his current size it is not unreasonable to think that he will grow into a defensive tackle and play inside in college as well. Likely though he will move outside to start his career and could fit well as a strong-side end. He is a physical dude who can be tough against the run. He gets off the ball well. He is a tough customer at the point of attack. He comes out of his stance with good pad level and is able to generate good power from his lower body. He is good with his hands and displays good strength to be able to press blockers off of him. He flashes the ability to quickly knock blockers off balance and violently shed. He moves well along the line of scrimmage and displays the ability to come across the ball and get flat down the line. He is not a kid that is burner, but he has good speed for his size and that which he couples with a good motor helps him to get around the ball and be an active presence. He is a good wrap-up tackler. He is a kid that we could see playing on the edge against the run and sliding inside in passing situations. He is active with his weapons and will attack half-a-man. He can generate good power and knock blockers on their heels and work past with a push/pull or create pressure with a bull rush. What you see with Hamilton is pretty much what your going to get, but that is not a bad thing. He is a kid with good size and a physical style of play with a good feel for the game.

Hamilton will be on the west coast from July 17-23 where he will visit California and Oregon. After those visits, Hamilton will take an unofficial visit to Florida and hopes to also see Tennessee before the season starts

Scout

Announcing Oct. 6th, named a final 6 of Rutgers, Florida, Tennessee, California, Alabama, & Oregon

IMO Rutgers.

Earlier this month Hamilton named his top six. "My top six schools are Florida, Rutgers, Cal, Oregon, Alabama and Tennessee," Hamilton explained.

Hamilton says all but one of those schools is still in the hunt for him." I have pretty much eliminated Alabama because they aren't recruiting me as hard as the others."
-Rivals

Told Scout this yesterday............this would be huge for us. We need all the help we can get!

Of all the visits the 6-foot-4, 245 pound Hamilton will take this summer there's one visit in particular has him excited.

"I'm pumped to get down to Florida and see the campus there. I grew up rooting for the Gators, so I just can't wait to get down there and see what they are all about. I will be there either the day of Friday Night Lights or the day after the event depending on my flight schedule."

Florida: First I grew up a fan of them so that's big. The whole Tim Tebow era was great. I love Tim Tebow and I loved watching Florida during that time. It was a great time for me. Florida also is recruiting me the hardest with Rutgers at this time. I speak to Coach Young every week. He tells me that they want me bad and they want me to come in and play defensive end and that is where I like to play with my hand in the dirt. That's where I have been playing since I was like nine. I also talk to Justin Trattou a lot and he tells me great things about Florida so I'm ready to see all those things."

Told Scout this yesterday............this would be huge for us. We need all the help we can get!

Lol really? You're on the wrong board to be claiming you are desperate for help on the DL. One injury on UT's DL and they might hold open tryouts for students...

And you wonder why you get attacked sometimes? Maybe these asinine comments on a rival board who are even weaker at the respective position are a clue. Please.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

He's supposed to visit Cal in August. Not big on him ending up there although with Tosh Lupoi you never know...

And you wonder why you get attacked sometimes? Maybe these asinine comments on a rival board who are even weaker at the respective position are a clue. Please.

I don't mind him posting this information because its very relevant to the recruitment of the player; puts things into perspective.

It's the manner in which he presents it. The "woe is us, we are so thin blah blah blah" way he does it. Almost seems like blatant arrogance.

5-star DE Darius Hamilton of Ramsey (NJ) Don Bosco Prep says he will take official visits to UF Cal and Tennessee . -Derek Tyson GC

If posts like that hurt your feelings you should probably give up message boards. Our jort regulars are decent dudes and I for one enjoy seeing rival opinions.

VN Store

Back