'12 LA ATH Davante' Bourque (UT SIGNEE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boom!!!

Wanted to ask some of your recruiting guys, does this mean that the staff thinks we are officially out of it for Mike Davis, or did Borque commit with the understanding that if Davis wants to come, he will be here as well? Guess that's worded kind of weirdly, but I hope you understand what I mean.

Davis committed to South Carolina

Davis committed to South Carolina

I realize this, but that is the basis of my question. He said that we were right there in it. There has also been talk that he is a flippy floppy type commit... Asking if there is any chance the staff sees to PULL him from SC

tumblr_lihjx5UVIk1qchm6no1_250.gif

Guys, check out the run at the 1:23 mark in this video (Vols handing Miami a Southern Fried arse-whoopin in 86)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1GxwqZ00iU&feature=related[/youtube]

And the first play from scrimmage in this one (Bourque highlights):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmARZDcc3Rw[/youtube]

Tell me that doesn't look a lot alike.

Reactions: 1 person
actually I do. Ive actually seen Mr. 407 play since his Sophmore year in HS. do you have any clue how strong Cross is...

back to Borque.

:hi: good day for the Vols

Richardson power cleaned more coming out of HS then Cross benches. enough said.

Excited about the potential of Mr. Bourque. Now, I'll offer some words of encouragement using LT's words...'put your foot down and get up the field'.

congrats, big dude could be a beast

reminds me of our RB commit -25lbs

def an upgrade from cross i wish we could scoop him up now for a 2nd RB

I read where Devante dropped out of his high school this past year because they didn't offer a spanish class he needed and is finishing up at something called "The Education Center" in Jackson Mississippi. I hope the NCAA doesn't have any problems with this. No reason to believe they will other then it's not the usual route to complete high school and I always worry about the NCAA in cases similar to this.

It appears getting Borque qualified may be difficult. His core is only 2.4 and he hasn't made the qualifying ACT score yet.

VermilionToday.com - Crowley running back changes mind LSU out Ole Miss Nebraska Tenn Miami others in pursuit

Last edited:
Ive watched a little film recently and I have a few concerns with Bourque. Seems he doesnt take contact well and goes down very easy. While he hits the hole hard, he doesnt seem to have that special ability to make people miss. To me Bourque doesnt seem like an upgrade at the RB position. He seems more suited for a WR or safety imo. If he chooses us i hope im wrong about the above. But i dont think this kid is our answer at RB. Hopefully we land Davis. I believe Lane will do some special things next season with a healthy knee. After he tweeked it in the cincy game, he just never had that explosion and had lost some speed.

My biggest concern if Bourque chooses ut is this, that will free up a schollie for LSU. Would LSU then go after Peters with the schollie? That is a trade i would be very unhappy with.

Lane scared me bad once when he wouldn't go down, with three guys on his back. He just kept carrying them. I love the guy for his determination, but it looked like he was doing more than a body could do. He survived trial by fire as a Freshman, and I think he's going to become a great college running back. JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back